Walking Down The Halbeath Road

18 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I meant specifically regarding wingers, apologies for being unclear & the pish attempt at being a smart arse 

Ah right, no worries! 

Aye, wingers are needed. Just not Kai Kennedy.

Reading the Falkirk P&B page - they seem to be placing a lot of faith in McGlynn - basically if he thinks Kennedy is the answer then that's good enough for them, along the lines of that "In McGlynn We Trust" patter that that lot along the road used to spout (before he signed a rapist..)

Just have to see how it pans out but after that hilarious dive at Hamilton in November I'm glad we've avoided/missed out on him.

5 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Thrilled we didn't sign Kennedy. He might have a few good games for Falkirk but will be a passenger at least half the season.

If you'd watched us last season we had a team full of them. Its nothing new. 

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

Reading the Falkirk P&B page - they seem to be placing a lot of faith in McGlynn - basically if he thinks Kennedy is the answer then that's good enough for them, along the lines of that "In McGlynn We Trust" patter that that lot along the road used to spout (before he signed a rapist..)

Just have to see how it pans out but after that hilarious dive at Hamilton in November I'm glad we've avoided/missed out on him.

They still shamefully adored him after that as well.

6 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Aye but I'd never say after a defeat at Celtic Park or Ibrox "no one should be beating Dunfermline Athletic 5-0". Teams absolutely should be because sometime we're pish.

The difference between you and Buckie is far smaller than the difference between any of the other clubs in Scotland than the OF though.

When we got pumped 7-0 by Aberdeen a few seasons ago, I certainly expected the manager to be saying, 'Aberdeen should never be beating Dundee 7-0' - actually, I didn't expect him to say anything, I expected him to get his books before he had the chance!

Buckie's manager doesn't believe his team should be getting beat 5-0 from a current League One side - I don't think it's that controversial a statement!

Whilst I can understand the shouts of Falkirk fans just being optimistic, I think objectively speaking, you can put more stick in John McGlynn signing someone for the second time than a wingers performances for a team in a relegation battle they failed to get out of.

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

The difference between you and Buckie is far smaller than the difference between any of the other clubs in Scotland than the OF though.

When we got pumped 7-0 by Aberdeen a few seasons ago, I certainly expected the manager to be saying, 'Aberdeen should never be beating Dundee 7-0' - actually, I didn't expect him to say anything, I expected him to get his books before he had the chance!

Buckie's manager doesn't believe his team should be getting beat 5-0 from a current League One side - I don't think it's that controversial a statement!

I’m not disagreeing with that, however the message I responded to involved losing to Celtic and Rangers which is why I used them as an example. 

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Whilst I can understand the shouts of Falkirk fans just being optimistic, I think objectively speaking, you can put more stick in John McGlynn signing someone for the second time than a wingers performances for a team in a relegation battle they failed to get out of.

In a good team, Kennedy will probably win a few games with his free kicks and crosses. He just didn’t look like he’d trained to be a footballer or done much in preseason. The right manager can probably get a player out of him but up against guys like Benedictus last season I felt embarrassed for him he was so out of his depth. I’d absolve most players of too much blame though trying to work under Grant or Yogi so clean slates all round this year.

2 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

In a good team, Kennedy will probably win a few games with his free kicks and crosses. He just didn’t look like he’d trained to be a footballer or done much in preseason. The right manager can probably get a player out of him but up against guys like Benedictus last season I felt embarrassed for him he was so out of his depth. I’d absolve most players of too much blame though trying to work under Grant or Yogi so clean slates all round this year.

Aye sort of the crux of my point there tbh. Your club last season seemed like a graveyard for the sort of confidence player wingers usually are. I'd hope wel be at the other end of the table where these sorts of players tend to thrive....

We still need a striker tbh, but of our many problems, complete failure to give them any service last season was also up there, so crosses and set pieces sound like another piece of the jigsaw. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye sort of the crux of my point there tbh. Your club last season seemed like a graveyard for the sort of confidence player wingers usually are. I'd hope wel be at the other end of the table where these sorts of players tend to thrive....

We still need a striker tbh, but of our many problems, complete failure to give them any service last season was also up there, so crosses and set pieces sound like another piece of the jigsaw. 

It was like a lost season for most of them, not just the confidence players. 

52 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

McGlynn has never really focused on individuals when building a team though. Raith were always a good, solid side with no star players.

It doesn't even suggest he's a good lad because, as we know, McGlynn doesn't care less about signing decent people.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

He was a flop at Hamilton too I thought and flattered to deceive at Raith previous to that. There's a reason he gone from top end championship clubs to lower end then ended up at Falkirk.

Who knows, I hope he's utter pish with you guys but he might develop and be a star player for you. That's football  Kai Kennedy certainly won't determine who wins the league next year.

Reading the Falkirk thread they are definitely erring on the side of caution with Kennedy.  He's played for enough clubs now for people to see what kind of player he is when you aren't 3-0 up with 20 minutes to go.

Think Kennedy should be OK in a team who see a lot of the ball so you'd imagine he'll be decent for Falkirk and would be decent for us too. Probably not someone who will help you challenge for the title in the league above should you get promoted but might help get you that initial promotion. Given we have no real wingers I suppose he'd have come in handy at EEP but if McPake keeps playing his 4-3-3 with one or two of the front three drifting wide to provide a bit of width and the full backs pushing on then we might not need any genuine wingers in the squad vert often anyway.

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Think Kennedy should be OK in a team who see a lot of the ball

We saw a lot of the ball last season. We had plenty possession and did next to f**k all with it.

2 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Can anyone think of a total jobber that's been around the block without doing anything, before being successful with us? Must be several.

Lee Bullen is the obvious one.

Mark Burchill (after leaving Celtic).