Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Graeme Stewart is a highly bitter man.  He's never complimentary towards anyone Buckie play.  He came out with similar shite when we beat them in the cup a couple of seasons back, albeit the the scoreline was closer than last night.

His full comments, rather than just one line:

“We just weren’t at it tonight. We got found out. I can make excuses such as the travelling and the changes to the team but in the end Dunfermline were streets ahead of us.

“They are two divisions above us but out there the gap looked a lot more. We were pretty poor in the first half and I made changes in the second half to try to inject some energy into the performance but it didn’t work.

“Some of the goals we lost towards the end were embarrassing – free headers and not matching runners but we just need to learn from it. I’ve told the players it wasn’t acceptable.

“We shouldn’t be getting beat 5-0 by anyone and we certainly shouldn’t be getting beat 5-0 by Dunfermline – no disrespect to them.”

26 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

No disrespect to Buckie Thistle but 5-0 victories is what a club like Dunfermline Athetic should expect when playing them.

Maybe so, but when we've been pumped 5 zip at Ibrox or Celtic Park, we're still disappointed even if it's expected. 

21 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Maybe so, but when we've been pumped 5 zip at Ibrox or Celtic Park, we're still disappointed even if it's expected. 

Aye but I'd never say after a defeat at Celtic Park or Ibrox "no one should be beating Dunfermline Athletic 5-0". Teams absolutely should be because sometime we're pish.

Would have been happy to see us bring Kennedy in, to see what he could do under a different manager. He’s clearly highly rated and I think our new system would probably suit him a lot better. He’d be asked to get the ball and run at defenders, rather than whatever Grant/Hughes tried to ask him to do last season.

Having said that, he’s also not a great loss. I’m certainly not disappointed we didn’t get him. He’d be a gamble, but I have a feeling most of our signings will be.

2 hours ago, da_no_1 said:

We have no wingers but still think we're better off than Falkirk now.

Does anyone actually think that?

I'm glad we didn't sign him but Falkirk seem ahead of us in terms of building a squad. I think they'll win the league this season

59 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Does anyone actually think that?

I'm glad we didn't sign him but Falkirk seem ahead of us in terms of building a squad. I think they'll win the league this season

I meant specifically regarding wingers, apologies for being unclear & the pish attempt at being a smart arse 

Edited by da_no_1