Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

An utter shitebag. Had one really good game for us where he showed the oft talked about potential, but did very little aside from that, notably enraging fans with a cowardly dive at Hamilton.

That dive was rage inducing. He had an opportunity to either shoot or cross and just threw himself to the ground.

8 hours ago, VinnyPar said:

Keeper on trial is Bert White, 18 and released from Ipswich this summer.

Good name is Bert.

46 minutes ago, par-adise said:

That dive was rage inducing. He had an opportunity to either shoot or cross and just threw himself to the ground.

Haha aye, I was furious! The circumstances of us needing a win and being deeply shit made it worse. Was it still 0-0 at that point?

For the last few seasons the fine folk of this thread have sponsored a training shirt under the P&B jobber fund. Last season 7 of us chipped in but happy to have more folk join us. Everyone that chips in has a chance to get the shirt we sponsor at the end of the season and hopefully a chance to attend the sponsors event.

Let me know if you are keen to join.

19 minutes ago, 101 said:

For the last few seasons the fine folk of this thread have sponsored a training shirt under the P&B jobber fund. Last season 7 of us chipped in but happy to have more folk join us. Everyone that chips in has a chance to get the shirt we sponsor at the end of the season and hopefully a chance to attend the sponsors event.

Let me know if you are keen to join.

How much is it usually or does it depend?

9 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

How much is it usually or does it depend?

Before it was just whatever folk could chuck in if you joined it would work out at £15 each and decrease with everyone who joined 😊

I'd take Kai Kennedy back. Think he'd do very, very well in League one. 

Bit of Paul McMullan in that he can go past players for fun but his final decision isn't quit there, at this level where the fullbacks should be theoretically weaker I think he'd excel. Him along with Gozie would be two good signings for Falkirk. 

24 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

It looks like we are going to start the season with 1 keeper,  2 center backs 1 dm and 0 wingers.  The lack of signings is beginning to become frustrating.

It is what it is, we're far from the only team far from ready and we're bottom of the pecking order for players.

We need to wait for teams above us to do deals and they need to wait for teams above them to do deals. That's the knock on of being a League 1 club. We're competing with Falkirk and Kelty who may be able to pay more, and Queen of the South are still full time and may be more attractive to players based more west. Can't imagine the budget is particularly large either given last season, reduced prize, sponsorship and TV money (and maybe reduced advertising money), not great season ticket sales and the cost of living crisis. The squad sadly has a few passengers taking up decent wages (two in midfield immediately come to mind...) and it's not like they can just be punted. 

We'll be fine for games against East Fife and Buckie and might have guys in for Alloa. Hopefully we definitely have guys in for Alloa after! I've omitted the Ross County game as I think we'll probably get pumped regardless.

But aye, frustrating none the less. The young lads listed on the website in the first team squad will probably play more than anyone would have thought.

4 hours ago, Stoo61 said:

Andy Tod shirt. Surely. 

I have enquired, we have until the 24th to decide on O'Hara's. I think the folk who sponsored players who have left get first dibs on new signings.

It looks like we are going to start the season with 1 keeper,  2 center backs 1 dm and 0 wingers.  The lack of signings is beginning to become frustrating.
I'll panic if it's like this 2 weeks from now.