Walking Down The Halbeath Road

That’s definitely the boy at RB, Ethen Vaughan. Looked promising and put in a good few crosses over the 2 games. Assist for Todd’s goal today too.

Not much to say about the goalie from today as he didn’t have much to do. I do feel we need a second choice/competition for Mehmet though.

6 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

He played right wing today I think

Played further up in the first half, more RM/RW. Second half he went back to RB when we brought on the likes of O’Hara and Wighton in attack.

Really hope we bring in more quality into our midfield, the current choices are not even top half of league one quality.

I'm sure when we get the 5-6 signings in, an attacking centre midfielder will be amongst them.

On 02/07/2022 at 10:38, Shandön Par said:

Tin hat on but I thought Hamill was a bit overrated. He had that great game against Motherwell (IIRC?) and made Neil Lennon look silly but from that period Jim O’Brien delivered more in terms of assists etc, he just wasn’t as flashy. Good to have players like that who actually entertain a bit but they can flatter to deceive in terms of what they actually deliver (see also Paul McMullen, Kai Kennedy…).

Hold on how was this let go? 

Just because he did some step overs doesn't mean he didn't have an end product. The lad had a number of assists, possibly more than O'Brien (whom I also rated).

You could give him the ball and take all the pressure off the defence instantly, win free kicks high up the park and quite simply run at defenders causing all sorts of mayhem. 

My favourite moment was talking to him in Life after thr first Hibs semi final. Everyone in town must have bought him a drink, lad was wasted and had table full of stuff untouched. Nice lad, had time for everyone. 

7 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Really hope we bring in more quality into our midfield, the current choices are not even top half of league one quality.

I'm sure when we get the 5-6 signings in, an attacking centre midfielder will be amongst them.

No idea how you can make that assessment when you've not watched any other L1 midfield.

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

No idea how you can make that assessment when you've not watched any other L1 midfield.

How do you know what I've watched or not.

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

My favourite moment was talking to him in Life after thr first Hibs semi final. Everyone in town must have bought him a drink, lad was wasted and had table full of stuff untouched. Nice lad, had time for everyone. 

Hamill was an incredible player, but unfortunately too many nights like the above were his downfall.   I have little doubt he'd have been an EPL regular if he'd kept on the straight and narrow. 

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

How do you know what I've watched or not.

At most you'd have watched brief highlights of teams last season. That is hardly useful research and most teams will be changing part or all of their midfields.

It was just a standard, knicker-wetter "we need 6-7 signings" post.

7 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

At most you'd have watched brief highlights of teams last season. That is hardly useful research and most teams will be changing part or all of their midfields.

It was just a standard, knicker-wetter "we need 6-7 signings" post.

I've watched full games involving Queens Park 4 times, Airdrie twice. East Fife twice,  Dumbarton and Peterhead.  I have also seen many of the midfielders in this league previously.

I'll stick with my view that our current midfield is not going to be good enough without bringing in better quality.  

I can assure you I'm not ''knicker wetting'' either, it's an opinion and reading my post back and don't see anything other than that.  I have a hell of a lot bigger things going on in my life that puts DAFC quite low down my list of things to ''wet my knickers'' about.