Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Did I read things correct? Are FC Edinburgh playing at Meadowbank, with a capacity of 500?

Also, are we actually playing FC Edinburgh at Meadowbank on the same day as Hibs v Hearts at Easter Road?

They're trying to extend the capacity to 1200 I believe. Saw something about it in their thread.

Don't really see an issue with the two games being on the same day. The Edinburgh derby will be an early or late kick off. Hardly likely to be a big crowd at our game! Plus, they could shuttle some of the polis over once our game is done if the derby is an evening kick off!

7 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Airdrie game’s at home. You don’t expect the club to actually check things on their website, do you?

Hadn’t noticed we play Alloa at East End 2 Saturdays in a row until you posted this.

Ah, that makes more sense, thanks.

3 minutes ago, 101 said:

Who builds a new stadium with a capacity of 500 :lol: 

To be fair, it’s the council. Meadowbank is a leisure centre now and has been refurbished. Edinburgh City were apparently expecting a 500 capacity stand and a 2,000 capacity stand and only got a 500 capacity stand. I think that’s right, but happy to be corrected if that’s wrong.

From what I gather, they announced that, along with their name change, on a Facebook live stream - maybe our PR isn’t that bad after all… no written statements/YouTube interviews, just a Facebook live stream for some major news.

I think they’re planning to apply for the council to put fencing around the pitch to act as terracing now, to add 700 to the capacity.

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

They're trying to extend the capacity to 1200 I believe. Saw something about it in their thread.

Don't really see an issue with the two games being on the same day. The Edinburgh derby will be an early or late kick off. Hardly likely to be a big crowd at our game! Plus, they could shuttle some of the polis over once our game is done if the derby is an evening kick off!

Ah, that makes more sense, thanks.

Tbf Sky has history or now showing games but your right the authorities might ask for it to be on earlier,the trains better be running normally by then for a good scoop pre and post match.

1 minute ago, CallumPar said:

To be fair, it’s the council. Meadowbank is a leisure centre now and has been refurbished. Edinburgh City were apparently expecting a 500 capacity stand and a 2,000 capacity stand and only got a 500 capacity stand. I think that’s right, but happy to be corrected if that’s wrong.

From what I gather, they announced that, along with their name change, on a Facebook live stream - maybe our PR isn’t that bad after all… no written statements/YouTube interviews, just a Facebook live stream for some major news.

I think they’re planning to apply for the council to put fencing around the pitch to act as terracing now, to add 700 to the capacity.

Hahaha all of that is hilarious what a tin pot club. Thought these teams were "ambitious"

13 minutes ago, 101 said:

Tbf Sky has history or now showing games but your right the authorities might ask for it to be on earlier,the trains better be running normally by then for a good scoop pre and post match.

Hahaha all of that is hilarious what a tin pot club. Thought these teams were "ambitious"

You've got beef with FC Edinburgh?

34 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Worth baring in mind that it’s also festival time. Having 4 big city clubs all playing a mile apart on the same day, along with the festival, will make public transport and pubs an absolute nightmare.

21 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Worth baring in mind that it’s also festival time. Having 4 big city clubs all playing a mile apart on the same day, along with the festival, will make public transport and pubs an absolute nightmare.

Fan of this.

Hibs vs Hearts will get moved to the Sunday 12pm slot so no worries there. The potential 500 capacity is a joke, though.
Alloa at home on consecutive weekends is beyond tedious.
Xmas Eve at Kelty has disaster written all over it.
Think you'll miss xmas with the family and be out your box in Kelty or Ballin gary?

21 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Wonder how many of these are directors and their friends/family that got freebies. No chance that many people have paid £10/15. Having said that, I hope it’s a decent morning and worth it for anyone that has paid.

Looks like there was just one table for the players and board so looks like it was a fairly popular event, good to see something new generating some interest and importantly cash.

Any good stories from the morning? 

Tweet from @craigcairns001 with a video of Leishman speaking to Benedictus, got a wee laugh from the attendees but all I could make out was Leish telling him to beat it at the end of the clip.