Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I actually thought we might offer Comrie to them. 
I'd heard they were sniffing about him actually but guess the Millen signing puts that to bed.

If we could get Comrie back to the form he was at a couple of seasons ago then we're laughing.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Need another keeper, 1 centre back at least, a first pick central midfielder, the quality is not good enough in there if Chalmers is in the team and wide players

I would say another 6-7 required

No chance we are running with a squad that big, and considering some of the young guys mentioned yesterday have already been in the first team squad it would be odd for us to go down a division and not see them again as a member of the first team set up.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

No chance we are running with a squad that big, and considering some of the young guys mentioned yesterday have already been in the first team squad it would be odd for us to go down a division and not see them again as a member of the first team set up.

Geuninely don't think a group of 16 year olds are expected to go straight into the first team squad. They will have no bearing on the size of our first team.

I know it’s never a case of simple maths but we’ve had 12 leave, 2 returned loanees and 2 new signings. 

If those 6 slots are to be filled the we in my order of priority 

2 x wingers

1 strong center back option

1 midfield runner/dm 

Defensive cover

Back up goalie(I think we could possibly risk mehmet and the youngster but we need to be very aware of the need to bring emergency cover at short notice)

5 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What's the deal with Alexander then if Main is now at the club?

I think Alexander was announced as a short term contract until the end of the 21-22 season? I think it was always meant to be short term - probably because he expected a better job offer for this season.

14 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Geuninely don't think a group of 16 year olds are expected to go straight into the first team squad. They will have no bearing on the size of our first team.

They're currently listed as first team players on the club website.

12 hours ago, CallumPar said:

I think Alexander was announced as a short term contract until the end of the 21-22 season? I think it was always meant to be short term - probably because he expected a better job offer for this season.

Ah, thanks. A bizarre bit of business with him.

12 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

What's the deal with Alexander then if Main is now at the club?

I think he’s away although I’ve not seen any announcement. He was still listed as a player on the officials sites squad list until Monday but has been removed since the new youth players were added. 

Have to be honest, the output from the club has been much better the last few days. I've been very quick to criticise but hopefully with Cook in we'll start to get our sh*t together in that department. Saying that, the pre-season output is the bare minimum you should expect to get the juices flowing, keep the fans engaged etc.

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Have to be honest, the output from the club has been much better the last few days. I've been very quick to criticise but hopefully with Cook in we'll start to get our sh*t together in that department. Saying that, the pre-season output is the bare minimum you should expect to get the juices flowing, keep the fans engaged etc.

Aye, there's been a good few days of updates, that along with the supporters club meeting is good news.