Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Hbos have caused the death of rangers, Gretna and the pars and sent Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston into admin by wreckless lending and forcing them to build stadiums they didn't need to suit steel companies.

Hearts, Kilmarnock and others are on the brink yet nobody asks the question.

How dare a bank want its money back. And since when did a bank force clubs to build stadiums?

(Granted some of the lending may have been reckless, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't want it back)

How dare a bank want its money back. And since when did a bank force clubs to build stadiums?

(Granted some of the lending may have been reckless, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't want it back)

No offence but you should read up on hbos corporate division before you make those kind of comments. They were investigated by the police. Masterton helped set this section up and mentored Cummings who was banned from banking for life. It's not normal banking practice it was immoral and irresponsible handshake banking.

Regarding the stadiums you have to ask who benefited from it? Was it Murray steel? It certainly wasn't the clubs.

Hbos kept the stadia group disaster hidden to save face and during the height of the banking crisis they handed out a 12m interest free loan to GM that was non repayable.

Only since Lloyds have taken over the books the game has changed and rangers have been exposed along with others clubs. Did rangers pay back the £750m that was loaned to them? Celtic and livvy were certainly forced to pay back less than a tenth of that combined.

Was this because they were not friends of hbos?

Scottish football is totally corrupt.

Edited by DAFC

No offence but you should read up on hbos corporate division before you make those kind of comments. They were investigated by the police. Masterton helped set this section up and mentored Cummings who was banned from banking for life. It's not normal banking practice it was immoral and irresponsible handshake banking.

Regarding the stadiums you have to ask who benefited from it? Was it Murray steel? It certainly wasn't the clubs.

Hbos kept the stadia group disaster hidden to save face and during the height of the banking crisis they handed out a 12m interest free loan to GM that was non repayable.

Only since Lloyds have taken over the books the game has changed and rangers have been exposed along with others clubs. Did rangers pay back the £750m that was loaned to them? Celtic and livvy were certainly forced to pay back less than a tenth of that combined.

Was this because they were not friends of hbos?

Scottish football is totally corrupt.

exactly. Murray Int. was basically used as a front to finance Rangers on enormous debts whilst other smaller clubs such as Livi and Dundee were being stomped by the same investment operation. The whole HBOS/Cummings/Masterton/Murray (and by default Rangers) cartel beggars belief. In terms of Scottish football the trail keeps coming back to Masterton and the Boardroom at Ibrox, Charlotte 18 and the whole seedy corruption that was at the heart of Scottish football for a decade.

I'd just like to pass on my best wishes to Dunfermline Athletic and the fans of the club. Yes, even DaftChris.

Visiting East End Park is always a highlight of the season for a number of reasons. Just try and picture football still being played at your ground beyond the summer. I hope and believe you'll come through.

Can anyone provide an up to date overview of where things stand?

Aye best of luck on the eve of destruction, my football life will never be the same again, the challenge of Cowdenbeath and east fife will never match the tingling sensation experienced during the big fife derby, lets hope things turn out for the best, death as a rich crooks plaything is not what the lifeblood support deserve, I'm totally gutted for you all , my memories span decades over the years we have had many memorable battles too many to mention, as an apprentice at Marconi during the seventies I work with many pars fans and players. Lets hope a miracle happens....mon the big team.

In brighter news, the Under 20's, despite all the issues, have reached the Youth Cup Final at Hampden, where they will play Celtic on Sunday 2nd May. Well, if we're still around by then of course.

Limbering up for Wednesday, were they?

Aye best of luck on the eve of destruction, my football life will never be the same again, the challenge of Cowdenbeath and east fife will never match the tingling sensation experienced during the big fife derby, lets hope things turn out for the best, death as a rich crooks plaything is not what the lifeblood support deserve, I'm totally gutted for you all , my memories span decades over the years we have had many memorable battles too many to mention, as an apprentice at Marconi during the seventies I work with many pars fans and players. Lets hope a miracle happens....mon the big team.

Agree 100%. Beating the Rovers or East Fife will never replace beating the Townies. Ask any Cowden fan who was at CP for the 4-2 game.

Such a shame that once again it's the fans who get shafted.

The derbies against East Fife have been good recently. Largely in that we're unbeaten in twenty four years and they were all claiming they'd rout us the season we won the league. Willie Gray amplified it so much too. Nothing will compare to beating the Pars though. So much fun seeing their fans dejected after games.

The derbies against East Fife have been good recently. Largely in that we're unbeaten in twenty four years and they were all claiming they'd rout us the season we won the league. Willie Gray amplified it so much too. Nothing will compare to beating the Pars though. So much fun seeing their fans dejected after games.

Derbies against East Fife are good as they can never beat the other Fife teams :lol:

And what was with a large chunk of them booing the team off at the end? Fair do's for your average game losing to underdogs after having a two goal advantage but that could be the last thing the club's last players hear. You were obviously right when you said most just see it as another game and expect to turn up next week. Idiots.

From where I was standing, some fans were booing the over-officious manhandling by security of a lone protester carrying a flag from the NW stand to the Main Stand.

He walked, very slowly, at funereal pace from one side of the pitch to another, was clearly not going to prove a danger to anyone, yet security huckled him as if he was carrying a live grenade.

This, along with that ridiculous piped-in fan sounds played over the tannoy, left a very sour taste yesterday.

It was the Gray thing and the fact that we hadn't played them for years that spiced it up. It soon became clear that we were better than them, and a much bigger club. The cup derbies that followed after were pretty meh.

Edited by CALDERON

At one match at SanStarko he was doing his 'Fat Bob'* routine in the directors box, only to be Telt by the police a few minutes later.

*(The Pub Landlord)

Surely the SFL will just allow The Dunfermline Athletic to join the 3rd Division if the club goes bust?

Or you could always just buy East Stirling and change their name to Dunfermline United?

Its not as if that pathetic organisation hasnt allowed these things to happen before is it.