Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Why has Yorkston had such an easy time?

I think the level of our debts and the complicated web of the structure of our club and ground, allied to the fact that so many have fallen out of love with the club in the last decade has meant despondency and helplessness have been common feelings, rather than a collective will to dust down the pitchforks and torches.

At least D-Day is almost here. Has Masterton really already appointed an adminstrator/liquidator? He's clearly long-since lost touch with reality if he was refusing to budge on retaining cushy jobs for his girls and wanting to charge DAFC a big rent for use of the ground and training facilities.

The badge on the shirt says DAFC, not Masterton FC. It may well be too painful for him to sacrifice the livelihoods of his close family but he also needs to remember that DAFC is the fans, the history, the players, not a wee family business.

I keep getting asked by folk who are not football fans, but who have heard about the plight of DAFC how a 117 year old club can possibly just vanish? You could write an essay on it but I it think mainly comes down to greed and stupidity. It's a vanity project that has gone horribly wrong.

Well said sir. "Greed and stupidity" with more than a touch of arrogance.

I despise most of our fans. Fucking wanks. Naive, ignorant, negative and overall cowardly. The majority disgust me

And what was with a large chunk of them booing the team off at the end? Fair do's for your average game losing to underdogs after having a two goal advantage but that could be the last thing the club's last players hear. You were obviously right when you said most just see it as another game and expect to turn up next week. Idiots.

Edited by Hedgecutter

And what was with a large chunk of them booing the team off at the end? Fair do's for your average game losing to underdogs after having a two goal advantage but that could be the last thing the club's last players hear. You were obviously right when you said most just see it as another game and expect to turn up next week. Idiots.

A large chunk? Really? 50 more like. With the VAST majority applauding the whole squad off the park after losing 4 goals at home for the 3rd home game in a row.

Moving stuff. I will never forget that feeling.

Post on .net (I know)

Topic Originator: paravon

Date: Sun 24 Mar 08:04

"There are no words to explain how i feel! I cried

so much last night. After 50 years of supporting the Pars, I will have to fill my Saturday's with something, but us oldies find change difficult. Also going through my mind is my big sister who was also a massive pars supporter. Her ashes were scattered at EEP. I always loved to sit in the Norrie stand and for just a few minutes before kick off i would look back at our times together at

the games. Sorry folks, for pratteling on here. Like a lot of fans I have lost a big part of my life.

My thanks to all who tried their best to save DAFC."

Thanks Gavin/John/Karen/Tracy. Thanks a lot.....

Edited by da_no_1

So it's all come down to this? Absolutely heartbreaking stuff, would not wish this on my worst enemy. Unless a miracle happens between now and Monday, I hope Dunfermline can start up a new side and get themselves back in the SFL if possible.

Situations like these are horrible, it's just the fans, the victims of it all who continually get punished.

Dunfermline v Dundee mid-week was the coldest game i've ever been to.

Always remember that one as Gibson scored a cracker yet unfortunately Paterson broke his leg. :green

It was Stevie Bell that scored that absolute screamer, right after Patterson broke his leg.

It was a bloody freezing night though, yesterday was up there as well. Coldest I've ever been at the football was a couple of years back at Montrose, brassic.

Edited by parfecto

Hbos have caused the death of rangers, Gretna and the pars and sent Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston into admin by wreckless lending and forcing them to build stadiums they didn't need to suit steel companies.

Hearts, Kilmarnock and others are on the brink yet nobody asks the question.

Hope Dunfermline get themselves out of this. One of the big clubs and voted against the 25 point deduction from the SFL for Dundee. Good luck on Monday.

As far as I'm aware we didn't vote due to a conflict of interest. Or am I confusing this with another vote?

Edit: I must be thinking of another vote because Dundee were struggling at the time so there can't have been a conflict of interest.

Edited by Jimmy85

The fans did try to question this but were bullied into keeping quiet by dafc.net admin.

Certainly in recent times, but I don't recall the censorship on .net being all that bad a few years ago. The fans who did question it were in the minority IMO. We were peddled the 'soft loan' line by the club and plenty of us accepted that. Why wouldn't we have done? You believe that the people in charge know what they're doing.

Hbos have caused the death of rangers, Gretna and the pars and sent Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston into admin by wreckless lending and forcing them to build stadiums they didn't need to suit steel companies.

Hearts, Kilmarnock and others are on the brink yet nobody asks the question.

Not all bad then...

Right financial folks. If the Pars die tomorrow leaving 4 games on my season ticket will I be recognised as a creditor?

In respect of the fact that you have purchased a product which will have only been partly delivered, yes, but so far down the food chain you'll be extremely unlikely to see any return at all unfortunately.

'Caveat emptor' - buyer beware.

Morally yes, but you will probably be classed as a customer and will be at the bottom of the pile. As in the Farepak administration.

Was about to post exactly this?, almost word for word. Are you my alias?