Walking Down The Halbeath Road

16 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Ross County away on a weekend would be lovely.

Should be looking for 9 points minimum - although I'd accept four defeats if we end up winning the title.

Yeh I'm waiting to have a shocking group stage to only go on to have a nice season on league football

35 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Ross County away on a weekend would be lovely.

Should be looking for 9 points minimum - although I'd accept four defeats if we end up winning the title.

Nah, I think it's in the rule book that we're only allowed to play Ross County away midweek.

7 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

We were supposed to get an interview from McPake last night but nothing has been uploaded yet. 

Steven Mill tweeted that his interview with McPake would be up ‘a little later tonight’ when we announced the appointment. Also said there will be an interview with David Cook later this week.

Noticed earlier though, that he said there were technical issues and it should be out today. ‘Technical issues’ probably means it’s been passed to ParsTV to edit/upload, and Brian is throwing a tantrum/being difficult because it wasn’t one of their team that interviewed the manager.

5 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Steven Mill tweeted that his interview with McPake would be up ‘a little later tonight’ when we announced the appointment. Also said there will be an interview with David Cook later this week.

Noticed earlier though, that he said there were technical issues and it should be out today. ‘Technical issues’ probably means it’s been passed to ParsTV to edit/upload, and Brian is throwing a tantrum/being difficult because it wasn’t one of their team that interviewed the manager.

That guy is a monumental cock.

Wouldn't renew anyone's contracts as well btw. Obviously McPake will get a good preseason to assess them all, but I think a completely new slate is needed.
Out of the ones we do have, I think we ought to be trying to move on Mehmet, Chalmers, Breen, and Dorrans. Could possibly have a situation where Wighton and Todorov want to leave though, but hopefully McPake's previous history with Wighton will persuade him to remain here, as he should be comfortably one of the league's best players, never mind best striker. Wouldn't be fussed if Todorov moves on.
Hypothetically, if that were the case, I think we are definitely sorted for full-backs and strikers, but you’re probably looking at needing the following:
2x goalkeepers
3 (possibly 4)x wide men
3x centre mids
3x centre halves
McPake has a big rebuild job on his hands. 

41 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Wouldn't renew anyone's contracts as well btw. Obviously McPake will get a good preseason to assess them all, but I think a completely new slate is needed.
Out of the ones we do have, I think we ought to be trying to move on Mehmet, Chalmers, Breen, and Dorrans. Could possibly have a situation where Wighton and Todorov want to leave though, but hopefully McPake's previous history with Wighton will persuade him to remain here, as he should be comfortably one of the league's best players, never mind best striker. Wouldn't be fussed if Todorov moves on.
Hypothetically, if that were the case, I think we are definitely sorted for full-backs and strikers, but you’re probably looking at needing the following:
2x goalkeepers
3 (possibly 4)x wide men
3x centre mids
3x centre halves
McPake has a big rebuild job on his hands. 

Mehmet will be fine in League One but will he want to stay and can we afford his wages? Chalmers isn't someone I like or rate but realistically who would take him? Breen you'd imagine would be fine in League One and with Donaldson and Ambrose presumably away (sadly in the farmer's case, happily in the latter's) I'm sure he'd do a decent turn. When you see Airdrie playing Rhys McCabe at centre back and Falkirk fans moaning about Brad Mackay's three-year deal, I think Breen would be a decent option. Dorrans is a tricky one and unless he retires or becomes a player coach I reckon it'll be hard to move him on. I do think he could do a job but he needs to be used proper and not just shifted about all over the place as he was with Hughes.

6 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I seem to rate Breen higher than most, I think there's a definite player in there. 

Yep, I thought Breen was decent when on loan at Queens.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

No interview over 24 hours from the appointment is absolutely tinpot. If it was your ParsTV guys responsible they would be getting it tight.

Do the Pars bin their week to week guys for the "big" announcements? Pretty patronising if they do. 

I'm sure the Megacelebrity of ahem.... Forth 1 will be covering the Buckie, East Fife, Alloa and Ross County games. 

Lack of respect for your volunteers here. 

8 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

No interview over 24 hours from the appointment is absolutely tinpot. If it was your ParsTV guys responsible they would be getting it tight.

Do the Pars bin their week to week guys for the "big" announcements? Pretty patronising if they do. 

I'm sure the Megacelebrity of ahem.... Forth 1 will be covering the Buckie, East Fife, Alloa and Ross County games. 

Lack of respect for your volunteers here. 

Yeah, no interview 25 hours now after the appointment was confirmed - particularly with the interview being filmed before that was even done.

We’re awful at the media/marketing/communications side of things and have been for a while. I thought the new CEO would help here, but unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case - not yet anyway. Incredibly, we actually got worse at communicating through social media during the pandemic, when everyone else strengthened those areas. 

Regarding the ParsTV team, they’re awful and the interviews are absolutely dreadful to watch/listen to. It’s the same guy that does the commentary on the stream. We’re a professional football club and, volunteers or not, our media team should be much more capable/professional. Other clubs manage it no problem, but we seem to have some strange loyalty to guys that just aren’t up to the task. We undoubtedly had the worst streaming service/commentary team in the championship and we just didn’t seem to care. Nothing personal, the guys are just not good at their role.

For a while now, we’ve used Steven Mill for the big stuff (new managers, club announcements, new investors, new CEO etc), due to the fact he’s had media training and he can actually speak clearly/ask reasonable questions. I’m not sure why that hasn’t highlighted the fact that we need someone better doing the regular interviews. The week-to-week team are just so bad and it’s cringeworthy to watch. The same guys have been there for years and aren’t up to the job, when do we accept that and move on? Should have happened a long time ago.

Yeah, no interview 25 hours now after the appointment was confirmed - particularly with the interview being filmed before that was even done.
We’re awful at the media/marketing/communications side of things and have been for a while. I thought the new CEO would help here, but unfortunately, that doesn’t seem to be the case - not yet anyway. Incredibly, we actually got worse at communicating through social media during the pandemic, when everyone else strengthened those areas. 
Regarding the ParsTV team, they’re awful and the interviews are absolutely dreadful to watch/listen to. It’s the same guy that does the commentary on the stream. We’re a professional football club and, volunteers or not, our media team should be much more capable/professional. Other clubs manage it no problem, but we seem to have some strange loyalty to guys that just aren’t up to the task. We undoubtedly had the worst streaming service/commentary team in the championship and we just didn’t seem to care. Nothing personal, the guys are just not good at their role.
For a while now, we’ve used Steven Mill for the big stuff (new managers, club announcements, new investors, new CEO etc), due to the fact he’s had media training and he can actually speak clearly/ask reasonable questions. I’m not sure why that hasn’t highlighted the fact that we need someone better doing the regular interviews. The week-to-week team are just so bad and it’s cringeworthy to watch. The same guys have been there for years and aren’t up to the job, when do we accept that and move on? Should have happened a long time ago.

I get what you mean, the interviews are a hard listen. Sound like the guy doesn’t want to be there doing the interviews. Nothing personal but I just stay away from them