Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Jeff Venom said:

There ye are lads, anything else you'd like me to come on to your thread and query? 

If you could ask us when we are planning to terminate the contracts of Dorrans, Mehmet and Chalmers that would be grand

15 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

He's been sacked.

The agreed line published is just PR fluff, as shown by the fact the club had quotes about him leaving ready to go. Clearly been taking an extended time to agree a pay-off.

Heard a few people say this and the wording of the statement backs it up. 

"In the past week" "New manager search well underway", seems it was agreed he was leaving a bit ago, for whatever reason some finer points needed ironing it. 

He hasn't resigned. 

1 minute ago, Grant228 said:

Heard a few people say this and the wording of the statement backs it up. 

"In the past week" "New manager search well underway", seems it was agreed he was leaving a bit ago, for whatever reason some finer points needed ironing it. 

He hasn't resigned. 

Exactly but as @da_no_1 said, as long as he's away then that's all that really matters.

17 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

My mate is hinting there will be more exciting news for Dunfermline tomorrow 👀

Care to elaborate?

8 minutes ago, honeyboy edwards said:

And the bank balance takes a skelping again….

Oh? Can you tell us figures please?

Also, when are you predicting administration for?

21 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Your club are still paying David Goodwillie, right?

Saw him driving a takeaway coffee from a cafe dangerously close to Dunfermline the other day. 

Seems the board’s tactic of releasing a statement saying they think the manager is a useless c**t then ignoring him for a week worked a treat. We needn’t have worried. Great bunch of lads after all. 

56 minutes ago, Trump said:

Ian Murray for Raith leaving Kevin Thomson for you guys. Either way, better than Yogi.

Thomson to Dundee,   Ellis for Raith,   McPake for Dunfermline.....

How much would that get you for a tenner treble at th e bookies...

48 minutes ago, Shandön Par said:

Seems the board’s tactic of releasing a statement saying they think the manager is a useless c**t then ignoring him for a week worked a treat. We needn’t have worried. Great bunch of lads after all. 

The long(ish) game. We have underestimated them!

Is Ian Murray out of contract? Can see him being the favourite tbh if that’s the case. Would 100% take him.

45 minutes ago, Aufc said:

Pretty sure it’s going to be Ian Murray

No way Murray trades an Airdrie side he’s built for the current bowl of pig shit signed at EEP, simply because it’s the same level. He might go for the Raith job because it’s a level up, but the cons there are still a pretty cautionary matter.

Honestly, if Dundee have snaffled up KT, I’m not sure anyone remaining could tempt Murray or Petrie to move.

No way Murray trades an Airdrie side he’s built for the current bowl of pig shit signed at EEP, simply because it’s the same level. He might go for the Raith job because it’s a level up, but the cons there are still a pretty cautionary matter.
Honestly, if Dundee have snaffled up KT, I’m not sure anyone remaining could tempt Murray or Petrie to move.

Disagree. Dunfermline are the biggest team in the league next season and, if they get a competent manager, should win the league. Suspect he would see that as a good chance

Just now, Aufc said:

Disagree. Dunfermline are the biggest team in the league next season and, if they get a competent manager, should win the league. Suspect he would see that as a good chance

I understand the principle you espouse, but the team is, to put it mildly, a punch bowl full of turds. The questions involved include the budget to make changes/buy out players/etc, the expectations of the Board, and a truly nasty League.

Given the recent revolving door at Manager, and the fans quite vocal discontent, the next manager will be inheriting a quite warm seat already, and may hesitate to jump into the frying pan. JMcG elected to go to Falkirk knowing that it had finally settled in that they needed stability and time to turn it around…whomever enters EEP next may not have that luxury.

The Pars may be the “biggest” team in the league, but a potentially resurgent Falkirk could be close, a well funded Kelty will harass, Airdrie and Montrose will be competent or better, EC and Peterhead are both stronger than EF and The Sons were this year, Alloa and QoS will likely be competent, Clyde, well, it’s Clyde.

I suspect League One will be far from the easy canter to victory that some think…see Falkirk.

I understand the principle you espouse, but the team is, to put it mildly, a punch bowl full of turds. The questions involved include the budget to make changes/buy out players/etc, the expectations of the Board, and a truly nasty League.
Given the recent revolving door at Manager, and the fans quite vocal discontent, the next manager will be inheriting a quite warm seat already, and may hesitate to jump into the frying pan. JMcG elected to go to Falkirk knowing that it had finally settled in that they needed stability and time to turn it around…whomever enters EEP next may not have that luxury.
The Pars may be the “biggest” team in the league, but a potentially resurgent Falkirk could be close, a well funded Kelty will harass, Airdrie and Montrose will be competent or better, EC and Peterhead are both stronger than EF and The Sons were this year, Alloa and QoS will likely be competent, Clyde, well, it’s Clyde.
I suspect League One will be far from the easy canter to victory that some think…see Falkirk.
I've literally not seen or heard any Dunfermline supporter refer to next season as easy whatsoever. More pish from you as per haha I really shouldn't be surprised.

11 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

This will be some laugh. Am I right in saying that this bloke has a friend on the board? Name rings a bell for some reason.

6888969C-1442-403B-94A6-191D4E22137A.png

Hook, line and sinker 😂