Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He comes from the John Yorkston school of finances.

lol.

A good crowd today would be fantastic to try and get the staff and players their overdue wages but i dont think it will have a bearing on the decision Masterton has to make, it would be a great boost to try and get the cash to pay the HMRC as it might buy some extra time.

On the whole the support we have received from other fans has been tremendous and the fact that it appears a high number will also pop along today is amazing. I'm truely thankful to anyone who has helped

Judging by the fact I have £5 to my name until Monday, I will not be making the game today.

Can you get to Alloa?

£100 raised for the Pars Hardship Fund from the Shirt Auction. :thumsup2

thanks to all who supported and bidded.

Money will be handed over to the Fund as soon as possible.

Can someone post this on DAFC.net as I seem unable to re-establish my account. Have emailed Hardship Fund folk to say I am on way to Alloa today so could possibly meet for handover.

steward17, on 23 Mar 2013 - 10:51, said:snapback.png

If an extra 700 to 800 pars fans go to todays match thats the tax bill paid.

We can all point fingers as to who's fault all this is but if the club does not survive its a pointless discussion.

Best of luck to all at dunfermline they deserve better than this.

As I said earlier, to pay £135K, all you have to do is divide it by £18 to get the figure required, paying at the gate, over the two home games this week. (if they make it as far as Wednesday).

They need 7500, on top of the Season Ticket holders, just to pay HMRC.

As I said earlier, to pay £135K, all you have to do is divide it by £18 to get the figure required, paying at the gate, over the two home games this week. (if they make it as far as Wednesday).

They need 7500, on top of the Season Ticket holders, just to pay HMRC.

You must pay VAT on that gate money, also pay for stewarding and policing. Also staff wages, players wages, electricity for floodlights also did the undersoil heating go on? That will all eat into any profits made.

You must pay VAT on that gate money, also pay for stewarding and policing. Also staff wages, players wages, electricity for floodlights also did the undersoil heating go on? That will all eat into any profits made.

But they can all wait, I know it's firefighting of the highest order, as they can deal with those bills later. It's HMRC that have the winding up order in place.

JIm Leishman on Sportsound has just said that the Steering Group have now realised the club has no long term viable future, that they are at the "end of the road", and the club is now back in the hands of Masterton.

That sounds as grim as it gets.

JIm Leishman on Sportsound has just said that the Steering Group have now realised the club has no long term viable future, that they are at the "end of the road", and the club is now back in the hands of Masterton.

That sounds as grim as it gets.

Just caught the interview. Sounds grim although it depends if Masterton pulls something out the bag.

I am not trying to second guess information they might have but equally nobody has explained why the normal last resort escape route is not open to Dunfermline, I have not said its in the pipeline, only that it might be and pointed out that statements like " it can't go straight into administration" are not correct.

It all sounds to me like HMRC will be paid off between now and 5.00 Monday. What happens to the other debts is less clear.

What would Masterton achieve by pushing Dunfermline into administration? He has millions of debt tied, apparently in countless means, to the club as well as the property. 'Walking away' with a couple of pence in the pound (which even a massive fund-raising effort would only ever be able to offer to creditors) doesn't appear to be the best option for him.

It doesn't seem surprising to me that Dunfermline's situation is different from Dundee or similar: Dunfermline have a valuable asset on the books which could be divvied up if the club go bust. That's the element of the story that seems Hugh Scott-esque. We'll see what happens in the next 48 hours; after the lingering death of Rangers it remains to be seen whether such deadlines will be magically 'extended' or simply ignored.

What would Masterton achieve by pushing Dunfermline into administration? He has millions of debt tied, apparently in countless means, to the club as well as the property. 'Walking away' with a couple of pence in the pound (which even a massive fund-raising effort would only ever be able to offer to creditors) doesn't appear to be the best option for him.

It doesn't seem surprising to me that Dunfermline's situation is different from Dundee or similar: Dunfermline have a valuable asset on the books which could be divvied up if the club go bust. That's the element of the story that seems Hugh Scott-esque. We'll see what happens in the next 48 hours; after the lingering death of Rangers it remains to be seen whether such deadlines will be magically 'extended' or simply ignored.

What valuable assets that?

Effectively the bank owns the stadium?

They might let masterton sell the ground and build houses but it would be doubtful that it would raise anything like the 12m it was valued at.

It's a toxic debt and an embarrassment to hbos and Lloyds.

Hope the fat wee c**t gets the jail.

Never thought I'd be saying this, but, I will be gutted if DAFC go down the tubes.

At one time it looked very much as if it would be us going out of business, in the days of our "West Coast Connections"

Hope you can still turn it round.

Caught Leishman on the radio on the way back from Firhill. He sounded a broken man. Be awful if the Pars died, hope you guys can pull something out the bag, however unlikely that is seeming at the moment.

What was the crowd today lads?