Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The PCA is a convenient smokescreen for Hughes. At least half the team against Queen's Park will never play for us again.

Thomas was out of favour before the playoffs.

Hughes just needs to f**k off.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Yogi made noises about keeping Stolarxyslnwgriyck for another season when he first joined but predictably he's away. 

He was only on loan to the end of the season. Has he said that he's not coming back?

3 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

He was only on loan to the end of the season. Has he said that he's not coming back?

He very much seemed like someone who knew he wasn't coming back after full time on Saturday. 

Perhaps Leicester don't want him playing at such a jobber level as League 1.

Edited by DA Baracus

12 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Aye I know but Yogi intimated that he'd be looking to make that loan longer. I for one have never known Yogi to talk utter shite...

His instagram post makes it pretty clear he's done here. 

Edited by Stoo61

Some supporters' twitter page reckons all players and staff are being called in between tomorrow and Thursday to be told whether they're staying or not.

I'd keep;

Comrie

Edwards

Martin

Donaldson 

O'Hara

Wighton

McCann

Thomas

Todd

Stolarczyk

Wouldn't be gutted to see Todorov stay.

Obviously there's a mix of contracted/not contracted, and we're 99% likely to see the likes of Thomas leaving, but that's the players I'd want to see next season. The rest (most of whom are gutless shitebags and by Christmas I'll have forgotten they even played for us) can get well and truly fucked. 

Edited by smpar

23 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

Just a thought regarding Hughes, I think he is contracted for next season? Your board may be trying to negotiate a payoff or maybe can't afford to boot him then get another manager in.

You’d imagine that anyone employing a manager to fight off a relegation threat would have put a release clause if they went down…

19 minutes ago, Ayrfix said:

Just a thought regarding Hughes, I think he is contracted for next season? Your board may be trying to negotiate a payoff or maybe can't afford to boot him then get another manager in.

Aye he's got until next summer. I think just about every Pars fan hopes there's a relegation clause that means he can be punted, but the Club has been uncomfortably quiet since Saturday. Hughes seems to think he'll be able to take us back up, which might suggest the club didn't give him any clear indication of relegation = finished, and that there's room for negotiation. The thought of him still being here, being able to assemble a squad full of Joe Chalmers and Efe Ambroses fucking petrifies me beyond belief. 

What also worries me is that the board might feel like sacking their second manager in 6 months is an admission that they've made a right c**t of things this season.

One way you could also look at it is that we were 3 points from safety when Grant was sacked (2 when Hughes had his first game in the dugout) with a goal difference of -11 (-12). We finished 4 points from safety, with a goal difference of -17. 

Hughes failed to keep us up. It should not even be up for debate whether he should stay or go. Remarkably, though, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the club keep him on.

I wouldn't second guess our board. They have shown how capable they are of monumental fuk ups.

We need to change our playing style if were going to have any hope of competing for League 1 next year. Hughes won't do that. He will play the exact same way that has just seen us relegated. We've already shown that playing Hughes passing pish against a team that finished 4th in League 1, doesn't work. We didn't score in 180 minutes of football.

Once a support has turned against a manager, how often does it ever swing back? Very rarely. The board need to factor in the knock on impact of ticket sales etc when making this decision IMO. May be a handsome pay off for the manager but would cost more to keep him.

1 hour ago, Chubbychops said:

We need to change our playing style if were going to have any hope of competing for League 1 next year.

In our last season in League One we had such an effective style. Possession didn’t matter, it was all about breaking with pace, stretching teams and just going for it. We scored so many goals from other teams’ corners and throw-ins and every player had a clear, simple job that suited their talents. 

The Grant/Hughes approach of having a huge but mediocre squad is no use. I think we need at least 3 outfield players that can stamp their superiority on games. Like Dundee a couple of seasons back. Most of the team was on a par with the rest near the top but they had Adam and Cummings, who were a cut above the rest and ultimately made a difference. 

How many players did we end up using this season in total? I'm used to forgetting about players after a few years but I'm sure I'll have forgotten most of that mob by next week.

As said previously, there is absolutely no point in keeping Hughes. Would be shocked if even 10% of the support still back him which will make selling STs a non-starter. That being said, the club have shocked me plenty of times recently with their dreadful decision-making, so no one should assume that logic is guaranteed.

How many players did we end up using this season in total? I'm used to forgetting about players after a few years but I'm sure I'll have forgotten most of that mob by next week.
As said previously, there is absolutely no point in keeping Hughes. Would be shocked if even 10% of the support still back him which will make selling STs a non-starter. That being said, the club have shocked me plenty of times recently with their dreadful decision-making, so no one should assume that logic is guaranteed.

I think it was 33

Mehmet
OFW
Stolarczyk
Comrie
MacDonald
Todd
Watson
Graham
Martin
Gaspuitis
Connolly
Breen
Jones
Donaldson
Ambrose
Edwards
Fenton (league cup only)
Dorrans
Cole
Pybus
Allan
Wilson
Chalmers
Polworth
Thomas
Dow
Kamwa
Lawless
Kennedy
Wighton
Todorov
O’Hara
McCann

Seriously considering whether I’ll be buying a ST or picking and choosing games, if Hughes is in charge. Serious mismanagement all around the club right now.