Walking Down The Halbeath Road

27 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Obviously I have no idea what feelings the Dunfermline squad have towards Hughes, they may all be fully behind him, but if it’s as negative as the Rovers, it wouldn’t be the worst idea to put Whittaker and Shields back in charge for the play offs. I appreciate the money may not be there to pay him off but if it was the difference between going down and staying up, it would certainly be worth it, League One looks like a nightmare next season.

Those clowns need emptied every bit as much as yogi does. 

I assume there is no chance of Hughes being emptied before the play offs? A few of the senior Rovers players have since spoken out about how they considered going to the board before the play offs in our relegation season and asking that Hughes be removed and our reserve team manager, Craig Easton be put in charge for the play offs, such was the negative effect ‘Yogi’ was having on the morale and atmosphere around the club.
Ultimately, they never did it so we don’t know if it would have made a difference but I remember QOS binning Gary Naysmith after the last game of the season and bringing in Alan Johnston for the play offs and that paid off (in the short term at least).
Obviously I have no idea what feelings the Dunfermline squad have towards Hughes, they may all be fully behind him, but if it’s as negative as the Rovers, it wouldn’t be the worst idea to put Whittaker and Shields back in charge for the play offs. I appreciate the money may not be there to pay him off but if it was the difference between going down and staying up, it would certainly be worth it, League One looks like a nightmare next season.

Yogi signed a lot of these players (7 of last night’s starting 11) and the younger guys extended their contracts under Yogi. I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room. He’s just signed really poor players that aren’t up for a battle. He’s letting shitebags/lazy players earn a living without having to do much. I don’t think the players we have have got the same mentality those players at Rovers did. They seem quite happy to pick up their wages and play this type of football.

Edit to add: Shields and Whittaker need binned. But we’d have nothing to lose by putting them in charge for the playoffs. We either end up where Yogi’s taking us anyway and also have an excuse to punt them, or somehow stay up and recruit a new manager as a championship club.

9 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Yogi signed a lot of these players (7 of last night’s starting 11) and the younger guys extended their contracts under Yogi. I don’t think he’s lost the dressing room. He’s just signed really poor players that aren’t up for a battle. He’s letting shitebags/lazy players earn a living without having to do much. I don’t think the players we have have got the same mentality those players at Rovers did. They seem quite happy to pick up their wages and play this type of football.

Edit to add: Shields and Whittaker need binned. But we’d have nothing to lose by putting them in charge for the playoffs. We either end up where Yogi’s taking us anyway and also have an excuse to punt them, or somehow stay up and recruit a new manager as a championship club.

Like the Shields/Whittaker idea. Only come across Shields a couple of times but he seems pretty dour. 

Did anyone else hear one of the chants from the NW in the second half last night to the tune of the Billy Boys? Get that so far to f**k.

Was up town after the game and the NW lot were out singing homophobic songs about Hibs fans? No idea why, but our club is embarrassing itself enough with the shite we put out on the pitch. We really don’t need anything else bringing shame on the club at this point.

9 minutes ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Did anyone else hear one of the chants from the NW in the second half last night to the tune of the Billy Boys? Get that so far to f**k.

Was up town after the game and the NW lot were out singing homophobic songs about Hibs fans? No idea why, but our club is embarrassing itself enough with the shite we put out on the pitch. We really don’t need anything else bringing shame on the club at this point.

1st part I didn't in the main stand which suggests it didn't get much support thankfully, agreed to keep it out.

2nd is obviously unacceptable and really just fucking odd. 

2 hours ago, AlwaysAPar said:

Its the utterly purile and got hee-haw to do with football "Enough, enough, Six fingers up her chuff" which has been sung as long as I've been going to games (although when I stood in the cage I didn't sing that particular song). I'd rather we didn't sing it but it's not a new phenomenon. 

We also sing a song to the same tune as The Celtic Song/The Everton Song btw, do you want that binned too? 

Took in the game last night , crowd was on it from the start , how the players managed to go from hero to zero in no time at all is baffling , actually thought you looked really decent for 15 mins then thought we could probably beat you , love to see all the Fife teams do well so good luck with the playoffs but wee bit of me wants you in league 1 next season sorry 

2 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Its the utterly purile and got hee-haw to do with football "Enough, enough, Six fingers up her chuff" which has been sung as long as I've been going to games (although when I stood in the cage I didn't sing that particular song). I'd rather we didn't sing it but it's not a new phenomenon. 

We also sing a song to the same tune as The Celtic Song/The Everton Song btw, do you want that binned too? 

I see id never heard it before at EEP.
From where I was sitting I could hear the tune but couldn’t make out the words. I obviously assumed our fans weren’t loudly fantasising about committing a genocide on an entire people group. But I’d still say it’s a terrible look and wish the tune be binned from the songbook.

I  don’t care if our fans borrow tunes from other clubs whether it’s the OF or anyone else but I see no need to take musical inspiration from bigoted nonsense like the Billy Boys.

The '6 fingerd up her chuff' song is ancient! Been around for as long as I recall. Mind hearing it at high school. Totally harmless song. Totally nonsense song too!

What we really need to target are the c***s who still sing the 'add ons' to the 'Dunfermline Loyal' song. You know exactly what I mean.

P.S. Falkirk finished 6th in League 1.

Edited by DA Baracus

I didn’t pay too much attention to the championship last season until we lost against Dundee…

Not trawling..How did you guys end up with peter grant? Always thought it was a crap appointment..Who was manager before and why did he leave or was he sacked?

good luck in playoffs