Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Broony as a sort of Bez figure working out well. So pleased to see us score a decent goal on the counter too. All season it has been too ponderous too often.

I wondered what he was doing in the stand @ EEP on friday night.

Incidentally Shandon...TC has asked me to advise you NOT to send in a text this Sat to Off The Ball.

"Its for his own good"...he says.

You wouldnt want to attach yourself to the deeply unattractive title of...."another BBC Luvvie".....now would you.

Happy to help.🙃

4 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

The increase in fans brought about by lower prices will not offset the money lost by lowering the prices. That's the unfortunate economic reality. The club, like most others, have backed themselves in to a corner on pricing. If they drop prices the budget drops as not enough fans will attend at the lower price to make up the shortfall.

I'd like to see the club budget to have one game each quarter with reduced prices. It would be a shortfall in the budget, but not by too much, and would hopefully be an investment in the future.

If only the clubs within the SPFL made more money out of the commercial side of the game, in particular the TV rights. 

Even simple things like the broadcasting companies paying a larger balloon payment to go into the prize money pot but also a fee to the home team (£10/15k even) would make a difference, especially in the top flight when the richest teams home games are very rarely televised. Seems reasonable when you are getting between 50,000/100,000 viewers.

Just now, Stellaboz said:

We signing someone from Kenya on buttons?

I have no idea why that's been banged in there. 

Kenyan money is well deceiving, there you are thinking you have a thousand coins, bang, 6 quid. 

1 hour ago, 101 said:

If only the clubs within the SPFL made more money out of the commercial side of the game, in particular the TV rights. 

Even simple things like the broadcasting companies paying a larger balloon payment to go into the prize money pot but also a fee to the home team (£10/15k even) would make a difference, especially in the top flight when the richest teams home games are very rarely televised. Seems reasonable when you are getting between 50,000/100,000 viewers.

Even if that happened, clubs wouldn't reduce entry prices.

31 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CbdGvXRIscA/?utm_medium=copy_link

There's been allot more videos and that from different angles getting put up in social media, video of the fans etc.

When I last saw Brian he was saying the ParsTV streaming has been more popular than envisaged, so I guess they are reinvesting into the equipment. Having not watched a stream this season I don't know if they are able to have multi angles or if it's for the highlights and social media content.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Even if that happened, clubs wouldn't reduce entry prices.

You would hope it would, even if it didn't we would be able to ask why not. Just now the prize money probably is about half the season ticket money, unless you finish in the top 2 places in the championship so the gate money has to be squeezed.

But I agree it's all about clubs at all levels deeming what they can get away with charging rather than what represents particularly good value.

8 hours ago, smpar said:

Dom Thomas’ interview with ParsTV is brilliant, just randomly saying that Dan Pybus was shite and his assist for the 4th was a fluke.

Dom Thomas is a charlatan get him hounded to f**k outta my club! DANIEL PUBES BARMY ARMY!

(If you are reading this Dom, I'm joking, I love you)

Screenshot 2022-03-23 at 20.42.32.png

Edited by Stoo61

Noticed on the ticketing site that we’re offering 3 match tickets for £50 for the remaining home games. Think I’d have gone for £45, making it £15 per game and only slightly more expensive than 2 tickets, but any discount is a good thing as far as I’m concerned.

Could do with advertising this though. We have an article up on the website about Raith tickets, but nothing advertising the 3 match package…

Good package, I would like to think we could run something like that year round, maybe for slightly more games. 

But aye,  that sounds absolutely mental that you’re just expected to randomly stumble across it rather than it being marketed. 

Cook has really got his work to do to get ourselves up to scratch in marketing/commmunication,  lt is his background thankfully tho.

24 minutes ago, 101 said:

6 years ago today since we won the league, I missed that day and it seem a lot longer than 6 years ago.

I think a few people missed it ( I didn't!) As Cowden were expected to lose away to Peterhead I think?

20 minutes ago, 101 said:

6 years ago today since we won the league, I missed that day and it seem a lot longer than 6 years ago.

Feels both longer and shorter than 6 years weirdly. 

We've been promoted in every single decade since the 1950s, with the exception of the 1960s since we spent that entire decade in the top division (and often near the top of it).

19 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Aye, we had sold out cliftonhill for the following week as everyone had that lined up as the day we’d secure it

I mind that! I was worried I wouldn't get a ticket so had scouted a spot in a wee residential car park above the ground to watch it. Had also scouted out a couple of spots to possibly climb a wall.

That was a great game. Not the football (El Bak headed in a late winner) but the crowd were absolutely pished and were chucking around inflatable whales and dolphins (I got a ticket).