Walking Down The Halbeath Road

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Even £10 would be decent. It's our last Saturday home game of the season and will obviously be a huge game too. A big crowd inside East End will give the team a boost surely.

Probably a touch too logical for us.

10 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Been very good the last couple of games. Genuinely can’t fault him. I still think he was really poor for a couple of games before that, but that’s in the past and he’s definitely shown us why he was brought in and what he can add to the team. Definitely worthy of praise, after the criticism from myself and others.

Mehmet was also fairly good tonight and Todd at RB seems to work well. Maybe Yogi knows football after all - still wish he’d make subs earlier though…

10 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Chalmers has had a very good couple of games, as has the whole team, been very pleasing. 

Good to hear that his couple of good games are out of the way, he will now be rancid again!

I think the Morton game was only £5 because:

- It was on the telly

- It was a Friday night

- There is a ‘Fiver Fest’ initiative taking place in town with some of the local businesses

Shows you how much work there is to do to reengage the fanbase when we can’t even half-fill the place with £5 tickets.

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Shows you how much work there is to do to reengage the fanbase when we can’t even half-fill the place with £5 tickets.

That's a bit harsh. Most teams at this level wouldn't get anywhere near full capacity for a Friday night championship game in March nomatter what you charged. Was a decent crowd IMO.

Brilliant result & performance last night. Although it was an under strength Thistle team, we passed the ball with a lot more purpose even than Friday night which was very pleasing. It gives us a chance of 8th but we need to make the most of it, starting with Saturday against a resurgent Inverness. I'd take a point right now.

Edited by da_no_1

25 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

That's a bit harsh. Most teams at this level wouldn't get anywhere near full capacity for a Friday night championship game in March nomatter what you charged. Was a decent crowd IMO.

Brilliant result & performance last night. Although it was an under strength Thistle team, we passed the ball with a lot more purpose even than Friday night which was very pleasing. It gives us a chance of 8th but we need to make the most of it, starting with Saturday against a resurgent Inverness. I'd take a point right now.

I might just have high expectations but I feel we should be looking to get 4000/5000 every week.

Maybe that’s delusional but I’d rather aim high.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

I might just have high expectations but I feel we should be looking to get 4000/5000 every week.

The days of us getting 4000/5000 are gone I feel, regrettably, unless we get promoted

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

The days of us getting 4000/5000 are gone I feel, regrettably, unless we get promoted

You could be right but that doesn’t mean the club shouldn’t always be trying to get people along to EEP.

The young lads in the North West are a tad excitable at times but they make a great noise. They are so eager to get behind the team and I think a winning Pars side would quickly attract bigger numbers.

Got to sort the pricing out though. f**k what anyone else is doing; £20 is a total rip-off for the quality on show. I’ve tried to get mates along and they’re keen until they hear the price. That’s only going to get worse with prices elsewhere going mental.

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You could be right but that doesn’t mean the club shouldn’t always be trying to get people along to EEP.

The young lads in the North West are a tad excitable at times but they make a great noise. They are so eager to get behind the team and I think a winning Pars side would quickly attract bigger numbers.

Got to sort the pricing out though. f**k what anyone else is doing; £20 is a total rip-off for the quality on show. I’ve tried to get mates along and they’re keen until they hear the price. That’s only going to get worse with prices elsewhere going mental.

I totally agree with this though.

Staying in this league is an absolute must. Getting as many supporters in the ground & getting it rocking can only be to our advantage. Surely an extra 1000 paying £5/£10 (Friday) is better than 200 paying £20? I'm a season ticket holder so in theory I should be pissed off as I've paid full price up front but needs must.

Having a big noisy home support can only help. 

Edited by da_no_1

I know it wasn't as flashy, but I was chuffed as f**k with that second half performance, proper killed the game. 

Partick had been looking threatening towards the end of the first half and I was worried they'd come out and grab an early goal in the second, as it was we restricted them to one shot? Just absolutely took the sting out the game and got a good goal on the counter, absolutely perfect. 👌 

Edited by Grant228

Think that’s incredibly unrealistic in our current context. It would be fair to expect that if we were chasing promotion/title but not when we’re bottom of the league.

On that subject, according to Wikipedia our average home attendance dropped from just over 5000 in 2018/19 to 4100 in 2019/20.

I know it wasn't as flashy, but I was chuffed as f**k with that second half performance, proper killed the game. 
Partick had been looking threatening towards the end of the first half and I was worried they'd come out and grab an early goal in the second, as it was we restricted them to one shot? Just absolutely took the sting out the game and got a good goal on the counter, absolutely perfect. [emoji108] 

Aye this. I think McFadden pointed out too how organised we were, just kept our shape and didn’t do anything daft. That’s all we needed to do in the second half as Thistle offered f**k all threat unless we let them.

Yep, keeping our lines solid at the back when ahead is just as important as going up the other end. Excellent counter attacking at times, the 4th showed that. Todorov missing a chance for 5 was another. 

Another thing I was really happy about was the amount of times that we won the ball back, all over the park. We hassled them, nicked it off them and scored a coupe of goals through it. Very pleasing stuff.

Also, Matty Todd IS now Cafu reincarnated. His future is at right back rather than in the middle, no question. At a higher level? Maybe, depends how much he wants it. But he deserves his shot. 

Dom Thomas’ interview with ParsTV is brilliant, just randomly saying that Dan Pybus was shite and his assist for the 4th was a fluke.

Home crowds won't be going back to 4000/5000, possibly ever again.

Prices won't be going down either. They'll only go up, sooner rather than later.

Edited by DA Baracus

1 hour ago, da_no_1 said:

I totally agree with this though.

Staying in this league is an absolute must. Getting as many supporters in the ground & getting it rocking can only be to our advantage. Surely an extra 1000 paying £5/£10 (Friday) is better than 200 paying £20? I'm a season ticket holder so in theory I should be pissed off as I've paid full price up front but needs must.

Having a big noisy home support can only help. 

The increase in fans brought about by lower prices will not offset the money lost by lowering the prices. That's the unfortunate economic reality. The club, like most others, have backed themselves in to a corner on pricing. If they drop prices the budget drops as not enough fans will attend at the lower price to make up the shortfall.

I'd like to see the club budget to have one game each quarter with reduced prices. It would be a shortfall in the budget, but not by too much, and would hopefully be an investment in the future.

8 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

The increase in fans brought about by lower prices will not offset the money lost by lowering the prices. That's the unfortunate economic reality. The club, like most others, have backed themselves in to a corner on pricing. If they drop prices the budget drops as not enough fans will attend at the lower price to make up the shortfall.

I'd like to see the club budget to have one game each quarter with reduced prices. It would be a shortfall in the budget, but not by too much, and would hopefully be an investment in the future.

Just to clarify I was only referring to our remaining home games.

Just now, da_no_1 said:

Just to clarify I was only referring to our remaining home games.

Ah, got you. Aye, I'd be in favour of that. The club have chucked plenty of cash at staying up, so what is a little more if there are folk there who can provide it?

Aye, the Aye game should be prime target for the club to promote. The Rovers game should speak for itself being a derby, and you wouldn’t want to risk waiting until the final day vs QotS in case nothing can change.

Ayr will likely be a six pointer, it’ll be fucking massive and the Club would be daft to fail to do more than just a few ‘get behind the team’ tweets in the days leading up to it.

Dom Thomas’ interview with ParsTV is brilliant, just randomly saying that Dan Pybus was shite and his assist for the 4th was a fluke.

He’s some guy. Every time he’s interviewed, i get the impression that he must be a great guy to have around the dressing room. Always seems so chirpy.

Noticed this morning that he’s our joint top championship scorer this season and has most assists, despite limited game time. A fit Dom Thomas massively increases our chances of survival. Although, chances are still fairly slim right now.