Walking Down The Halbeath Road

25 goal attempts and 4 on target.

We put two up top for 10 minutes, score a goal and hit the post. I bet you that we have 1 up top against Partick. Nae baws Yogi might look hard but he's a coward of a football manager.

Just heard Iain Wilson's post match interview. Says that our neat passing was predicable and we only caused them problems when we started being more direct. This is stuff that normal fans have been saying for weeks. Why can't clown shoe Yogi see it?

On a side note the keeper doesn't look great eh. No that bothered he can't play next two games.

Edited by Chubbychops

Chalmers showed flashes of a player tonight. He had some times he drove forward well and had a couple of shots, one of which may have went in if it didn't hit O'Hara.

Also thought Pybus had a good game.

Edited by DA Baracus

If you pull together the OG at Ayr, Hamilton’s opener last week and the goal tonight, you’d could definitely make the argument that he’s a bit shite tbh.

The squad aren’t very good and they worked their arses off tonight. Hughes’ refusal to make subs earlier is utterly infuriating, especially when it was clear to literally everyone that they were needed.

2 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Chalmers showed flashes of a player tonight. He had some times he drove forward well and had a couple of shots, one of which may have went in if it didn't hit O'Hara.

Also thought Pybus had a good game.

I can’t slate anyone tbh. They gave it their all and would have been fully deserving off all three points.

However, if playing shite and winning is the sign of a good team then playing well and not winning is the sign of a poor one.

Lewis McCann certainly made an impact tonight. Thought he looked stress free with O'Hara alongside him.

I think he could be a big player for us in the right team. Two late equalisers this season.

Edited by Chubbychops

5 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Chalmers and the whole midfield were decent last night, moving it around much quicker and direct.

Aye Chalmers best game for us, I've came around massively on Pybus, I'd worry how we'd be without his work rate in there. 

However... As much as our passing was crispy and quite nice I'd like it if one of the midfielders had a bit of a goalscoring instinct, one that could make late runs into the box, a Nicky Phinn. We've got three centre mids, we don't need all three standing outside when you've got Dom or Lawless shaping up to whip it in. 

18 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye Chalmers best game for us, I've came around massively on Pybus, I'd worry how we'd be without his work rate in there. 

However... As much as our passing was crispy and quite nice I'd like it if one of the midfielders had a bit of a goalscoring instinct, one that could make late runs into the box, a Nicky Phinn. We've got three centre mids, we don't need all three standing outside when you've got Dom or Lawless shaping up to whip it in. 

A Nicky Phinn is exactly what I was thinking last night watching Polworth and Chalmers taking shots from outside the box. We desperately need one of them to advanced further into the box be it dragging a defender away or to get in behind. 

Also, I thought Matty Todd did ok at right back again. Might be a future there for the lad. He's not quite the reincarnation of Cafu but he's got a great tutor in Shields there to guide him. 

Lewis McCann certainly made an impact tonight. Thought he looked stress free with O'Hara alongside him.
I think he could be a big player for us in the right team. Two late equalisers this season.

He also has 3 goals from corners. I honestly can’t really think of anyone else who has regularly threatened from set plays. McCann’s style of play and physicality is an obvious asset. He and O’Hara would possibly be a good partnership. Just after McCann came on, there was a point where it looked like he would let the ball run out for a corner, but he cut it back for O’Hara, who seemed to expect that to happen and got a shot in. The problem with McCann as a lone striker was actually similar to the problem with O’Hara as a lone striker. Absolutely zero support, striker comes deep to get involved/link up play and nobody moving into the box when he does that.

Last night, we had Thomas, Polworth and Lawless in behind O’Hara and none of them seemed to want to go into the box. They all kept passing it around the edge of the box, waiting for someone else to be the one to make the move, which was really frustrating. We need to try 2 up front, we are desperate now (and have been for weeks) for a win.

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

Yogi setting us up not to lose is a big problem.

This is absurd tbh. Playing one “striker” does not mean you’re defensive and anyone who thinks we played negatively last night is off their fucking head.

Hughes fucked it by not making changes when they were badly needed. In absolutely no way were we set up not to lose.

20 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

This is absurd tbh. Playing one “striker” does not mean you’re defensive and anyone who thinks we played negatively last night is off their fucking head.

Hughes fucked it by not making changes when they were badly needed. In absolutely no way were we set up not to lose.

We're not set up to win either though. The team run out of ideas when we get in the final third. From what I see, it's because we don't have enough bodies in the box. We are very comfortable passing it around wide areas and midfield. It looks pretty but there's no goal threat. A combination of a toothless set-up and the continuation of losing pathetic soft goals his killing us.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

"Hughes fucked it by not making changes when they were badly needed"
The same old story game after game . . . ! WTF is wrong with Hughes? It is so obvious to everyone watching . . . Does he just not see it? Or is he completely convinced that only his way is the best way? Last night the three points were there for the taking, if only he had made the changes after 70 minutes they might have done so!

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

We're not set up to win either though. The team run out of ideas when we get in the final third. From what I see, it's because we don't have enough bodies in the box. We are very comfortable passing it around wide areas and midfield. It looks pretty but there's no goal threat. A combination of a toothless set-up and the continuation of losing pathetic soft goals his killing us.

Would agree with most of that. We get into good positions but then don’t have anyone in areas to finish off the moves. You end up relying on shots from outside the box or set pieces.

Conceding awful goals is the biggest problem for sure. An absolute killer and it’s happening most weeks.

Every game is the same though. So if you need to change it every time after kick off as we have had to, then the starting set up isn't working. Its obvious to everyone watching and not just Pars fans.

It would be good to start how we ended but to do that, the formation and tactics need to change from the start, not with 10min left.

Moving the ball faster and in behind would be a huge help and with more than one outlet to drive their defence back and to occupy defenders seems obvious since we need goals and wins.

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Totally agree. We were on thr front foot the whole game.

It was a reasonable attack minded set up, and if one or two of our midfielders got themselves in the box the 4-2-3-1 would be fine. Problem right now is they rarely do so, sometimes the wide players do but never of the central ones.

I remember Mcintyre being absolutely driven by numbers in the box,  he was of the thought if a cross came in and there wasn't at least 4 options then someone hasn't done their job, regularly our crosses are to one man, who even if the get it they have to score themselves as there's nobody to score with the follow up

Edited by parsforlife