Walking Down The Halbeath Road

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Everyone on this thread has had us relegated since about Halloween so what difference does it make who will be in the goals?

People just probably want the football team they support to be good? 

I think we'll be in the playoffs, that doesn't mean that every negative story surrounding us doesn't matter, quite the opposite.

I honestly don't get the posters on this thread having a dig at fans who aren't cheerful about our prospects, we are literally bottom of the league and haven't played very well through most of the season, then you have you some posters "Oh well *player x*is the scapegoat? That'll the be the fans fault" wise up man, literally bottom of the league having barely won all season, unsurprisingly there's faults in the team, unsurprisingly fans moan about that. 

Wild min. 

32 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

People just probably want the football team they support to be good? 

I think we'll be in the playoffs, that doesn't mean that every negative story surrounding us doesn't matter, quite the opposite.

I honestly don't get the posters on this thread having a dig at fans who aren't cheerful about our prospects, we are literally bottom of the league and haven't played very well through most of the season, then you have you some posters "Oh well *player x*is the scapegoat? That'll the be the fans fault" wise up man, literally bottom of the league having barely won all season, unsurprisingly there's faults in the team, unsurprisingly fans moan about that. 

Wild min. 

I’ve watched the team, I know how shite we are. At no point did I say fans should be cheerful but continue to make shite up all you want.

6 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’ve watched the team, I know how shite we are. At no point did I say fans should be cheerful but continue to make shite up all you want.

At no point did I name you either. 

Are you saying you don't make snide remarks at people for being critical of players? You're pretty quick to say that criticism of Chalmers is because fans must have a scapegoat, rather than actually engaging in the discussion, that be that you beleive that Chalmers is actually better than stayed because of whatever reasons. Instead you hit out with the infantile scapegoat pish. 

I think Chalmers gets criticised more than most because he doesn’t run around like a madman, which is still seen as “working hard” for some reason. His role is to keep us in possession and make tidy passes.

Now, that role is probably illogical in a team that is struggling but you do know what you’re going to get with Hughes; he’ll want more passing even it feels frustratingly pointless at times.

I’ve watched Chalmers in person vs Queens and Killie x 2 and he was not our worst player in any of those games.

That’s why I found it odd on this thread that he has received so much individual criticism compared to everyone else recently and considered him to being treated as a scapegoat. Thought that was painfully obvious to anyone without going into detail but there you go.

Of course he’s a limited player; Dunfermline are very unlikely to sign anyone who isn’t. Pretending he’s been significantly worse than Dorrans, Dow, Ambrose etc is just daft though.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I think Chalmers gets criticised more than most because he doesn’t run around like a madman, which is still seen as “working hard” for some reason. His role is to keep us in possession and make tidy passes.

Now, that role is probably illogical in a team that is struggling but you do know what you’re going to get with Hughes; he’ll want more passing even it feels frustratingly pointless at times.

I’ve watched Chalmers in person vs Queens and Killie x 2 and he was not our worst player in any of those games.

That’s why I found it odd on this thread that he has received so much individual criticism compared to everyone else recently and considered him to being treated as a scapegoat. Thought that was painfully obvious to anyone without going into detail but there you go.

Of course he’s a limited player; Dunfermline are very unlikely to sign anyone who isn’t. Pretending he’s been significantly worse than Dorrans, Dow, Ambrose etc is just daft though.

Chalmers gets criticised for a few things, and his workrate is one of them, while you're correct in that his primary job is to recycle possession he still has a secondary tasking of screening and protecting the defence, its been a problem all season that we don't have a defensive minded midfielder that has left our defence exposed time, and time again. 

His performance against Arbroath was absolutely ganting, in that game and against Hamilton its been Pybus who has been getting free and taking the ball from the defence. When Chalmers does receive the ball he doesn't recycle it as good as what Dorrans or even Allan has done. 

Dow hasn't been as bad recently, and truthfully has probably been better than Lawless for a few weeks. 

Dorrans and Ambrose have received a fair amount of stick, they're not scapegoats, they just haven't been very good. 

Chalmers also has the added bonus that we helped out a relegation rival by taking one of there better paid players of there hands for a fee, for a position and role that we were already sorted with, a deep lying midfielder who's inept defensively on high wages was a role that Dorrans was doing, we didn't need another. 

I’d agree that the Chalmers signing didn’t need to be made, especially for a fee. I’d much rather have endeavoured with Paul Allan and develop our own players further.

Think it’s almost guaranteed he either scores the winner tomorrow night or gets sent off.

We have a potential emergency loan. Isnt Alexander (i no he's 174 years old) meant to kinda be the cover when the Stolarczyk goes. Just another example of how bad season has been if we need to bring in a 6th goalie. Currid, OFW, Mehmet, Alexander, Stolarczyk and now maybe another

Currid must have been rank if he was allowed to leave.

Alexander seems to be there just as a coach, but would far rather he played than Mehmet. Hughes has said Mehmet is the preferred option for when Stolarczyk is on international duty but that it depends on his injury. If it heals in time he'll play. If not it's an emergency loan.

Really enjoying the best hits from his playbook when he took Rovers down. Up next will be Mo Hutton giving the team talk against Ayr.

I just can't see how we win a game of football under this man. Instead of being a tough team to beat he has somehow made us a softer touch whilst trying to play possession based football. 

The squad was crying out for basic 4-4-2 wing play and just being basic and hard to breakdown. He is trying to force things by setting us up as if we are Man City. It isn't working at all. 

I feel it is far too late anyway for that kind of change to take place and be effective. A monumental cuntfuck of a season from the Pars. 

3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Currid must have been rank if he was allowed to leave.

Alexander seems to be there just as a coach, but would far rather he played than Mehmet. Hughes has said Mehmet is the preferred option for when Stolarczyk is on international duty but that it depends on his injury. If it heals in time he'll play. If not it's an emergency loan.

Really enjoying the best hits from his playbook when he took Rovers down. Up next will be Mo Hutton giving the team talk against Ayr.

Bring Jean-Yves M'voto back for a play-off horrorshow.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

I just can't see how we win a game of football under this man. Instead of being a tough team to beat he has somehow made us a softer touch whilst trying to play possession based football. 

The squad was crying out for basic 4-4-2 wing play and just being basic and hard to breakdown. He is trying to force things by setting us up as if we are Man City. It isn't working at all. 

I feel it is far too late anyway for that kind of change to take place and be effective. A monumental cuntfuck of a season from the Pars. 

Haven’t we already won 3/4 games under this man? A real lack of imagination on your part tbh.

I don’t think we’ve been a softer touch under Hughes either but I understand that’s the latest bandwagon so it’s important to fit in.

I expect we’ll start with a new manager in League 1 if/when we get relegated. He could have zero complaints.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

33 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hughes may not have made the team softer, but he certainly hasn't made them 'harder'.

What are we defining as hard and soft? 

I absolutely cba looking but did Grant not have allot of draws at us? Obviously f**k all wins like, whereas Yogi has had wins but we've had more defeats it feels. 

The ppg won't be miles apart. 

25 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

What are we defining as hard and soft? 

I absolutely cba looking but did Grant not have allot of draws at us? Obviously f**k all wins like, whereas Yogi has had wins but we've had more defeats it feels. 

The ppg won't be miles apart. 

More the sort of goals we concede really, and how we often drop out of games if we take the lead and make it easier for teams to get back in to it.

As per points per game, Grant 'achieved' 0.59 and Hughes is currently on 1.1.

Edited by DA Baracus