Walking Down The Halbeath Road

It was players that are either on the fringe or getting up to match fitness too. Some young boys thrown in. Deary me we’re in a knick [emoji23]

This has got Falkirk 2019 written all over it.

Notice quite a few of the players but guessing it was just back up players/players needing fitness?
Dunfermline players that is not US Navy academy players…

Martin, Breen, Allan, Todd, Cole, Thomas, Todorov and McCann are there, they’re all first team players. Leon Jones is there too and he was supposed to be a first team player - according to Yogi, Jones was meant to start at RB a couple of weeks ago v Killie. So 9 outfield players would most likely be classed as ‘first team’

Martin, Breen, Allan, Todd, Cole, Thomas, Todorov and McCann are there, they’re all first team players. Leon Jones is there too and he was supposed to be a first team player - according to Yogi, Jones was meant to start at RB a couple of weeks ago v Killie. So 9 outfield players would most likely be classed as ‘first team’
Being a touch selective here like [emoji23][emoji23]

36 minutes ago, Stoo61 said:

Polworth looks very shitebaggy

Aye, but then as the creative member of that midfield I'm not expecting him to go crunching jntk tackles, Chalmers though as the lcdm needs to have a bit about himself. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Aye, but then as the creative member of that midfield I'm not expecting him to go crunching jntk tackles, Chalmers though as the lcdm needs to have a bit about himself. 

Alternatively they can do whatever they like when they have Pybus mopping up for them.

Watching Polworth closely on Saturday that wasn't common or garden shitebaggery it was a dug on bonfire night. BUT I withhold final judgement, only his first start yadayada. 

48 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You’re absolutely at it 😂

There was some chat on here about a casual game of football of women, I know know this takes place at Queen Ann between 6&7 on a Monday night on the outdoor pitches if that suits anyone.

Being a touch selective here like [emoji23][emoji23]

If we’re being serious, most of them just aren’t good enough and quite a few are unlikely to play for us again. Reserve/fringe players having a kick about with a US marines side isn’t remotely relevant to our season and where we’ll finish. Pre-season friendlies are meaningless and mid-season friendlies are just completely irrelevant and I don’t know why anyone’s remotely interested in any results of them.

Thomas and McCann are the only ones I think Yogi’s likely to have any plans to use. He doesn’t seem to rate Martin and the others haven’t offered much in the first team. Even some of those under contract (Breen, Todorov) will probably leave in the summer.

Dom and Lawless won’t be here next season anyway. Out-with they two, I genuinely wouldn’t be sad to see any one of the current crop of players go. Of course McCann, Allan, and Todd will remain regardless, but if we do go down we need to get some of these players on high wages shifted. I imagine they wouldn’t want to stay at us in League 1 anyway when there’s going to be (possibly) a new manager who will start culling.

The amount of money Dorrans and Mehmet are reported to be on would make you sick. Disgraceful waste of resources. That simply cannot be happening next season. Hopefully Chalmers has a relegation clause as he is fucking murder. The only one I think who you could argue has earned a contract would be Pybus. He’s not a world beater or anything, but at least he is going the extra mile more than the sack of turds around him to make something happen. But even at that I’d rather see us going down the young manager with fresh approach route with a completely new team. Whatever we have tried out-with that method hasn’t worked the past 10 years so it’s time for something different I think.

It’d be naïve to think not one of the current crop will remain, but at the same time you’d hope the squad is as bare as possible for a complete rebuild, that’s regardless if we’re in the Championship or League 1.

Talking of a waste of resources, I believe the club made 20 signings this season.

Currid, Mehmet, Stolarczyk, Alexander, Connolly, Ambrose, Graham, Donaldson, Breen, Jones, Martin, Pybus, Chalmers, Dorrans, Polworth, Cole, Lawless, Kennedy, Todorov and Kamwa. The club paid a fee for Chalmers mind.

That was on top of the players already here, who were OFW, Edwards, Comrie, MacDonald, Gaspuitis, Watson, Fenton, Thomas, Dow, Wilson, Todd, Allan, McCann, O'Hara and Wighton.

Almost every single person named above has played for us at some point this season. That's 32 players used throughout the season, all to have us bottom of the league.

I could be proven completely wrong but I think most struggling sides end up using more players over the course of a season.

It does make a certain degree of sense tbf, as a side at the bottom are more likely to look for different solutions and also a chance your predicament has been caused by lots of injuries.

I still like Comrie, Thomas, Lawless and Donaldson. McCann, Todd, Allan and Fenton will continue after recently signing new deals. The rest are either shite, on decent wages, too old or a mix of those.

I could be proven completely wrong but I think most struggling sides end up using more players over the course of a season.
It does make a certain degree of sense tbf, as a side at the bottom are more likely to look for different solutions and also a chance your predicament has been caused by lots of injuries.
I still like Comrie, Thomas, Lawless and Donaldson. McCann, Todd, Allan and Fenton will continue after recently signing new deals. The rest are either shite, on decent wages, too old or a mix of those.

Comrie’s not had his best season - but who has? I’d still like him to stay, as he’s one of our better players. He’s under contract, but I guess it depends if we get offered a fee for him. Thomas, Lawless and Donaldson will all leave if we go down. No chance they stay, they’re far too good to be in league one and they’ll have better offers. There’s a good chance that we end up being reliant on McCann, Todd and Allan, as we might not be able to attract decent players. Having said that, AJ recruited well when we were in league one, and you have to hope that with a decent manager, we can do the same again.

We could offer non-promotion clauses to try and get better players in, but then we could end up like Raith, when they lost Nisbet for nothing.

Last time in League 1 we were, by far, the most attractive option for many players.

Next season however we'll be competing with Kelty, Falkirk, Queens Park and possibly Queen of the South and Airdrie, all full time clubs save Kelty, but they pay as well as a full time club.

Crawford won't be helping signings for a direct rival.