Walking Down The Halbeath Road

20 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye not sure Championship players have crushed velvet couches, shite dogs, mental cars and model girlfriends.

Pretty sure quite a few of them will be sharing a house with at least one other player.

How much do folk think our players get paid?! Remember that the club isn't chucking around Masterton era wages, and that the club has actually posted a profit in most seasons since administration.

Also, it's a daft cliche that players don't care, don't try and don't show passion when they're losing/at the bottom of the league. It might be true in some cases, and perhaps towards the end of the season guys who have a contract up might not be flying in to tackles, but most of the time it's just silly nonsense.

You'd have to be exceptionally unlucky to hire an entire squad's worth of players who just don't care, too. There are clearly systemic issues at fault. 

4 minutes ago, Against The Machine said:

You'd have to be exceptionally unlucky to hire an entire squad's worth of players who just don't care, too. There are clearly systemic issues at fault. 

Yup, good point. I get why some folk want to believe it, as it gives an excuse, but it just isn't true that they all don't care.

I also think that players who don't care are far, far easier to spot.

From what I’ve been told, the players showed a lot of fight today. I wasn’t there, but a few people that were suggested to me that the team played quite well and were worthy of the 2-1 lead. Then players tired, Hamilton made subs and got themselves in control, got their equaliser and then Yogi wouldn’t change anything until momentum had shifted well into Hamilton’s favour. Fair summary?

I've seen every game this season, either in person or via stream (except today), and effort/commitment had never been an issue. I've not doubted the application of a single player all season.

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

I've seen every game this season, either in person or via stream (except today), and effort/commitment had never been an issue. I've not doubted the application of a single player all season.

The first home game against Arbroath I felt some gave up,  probably the only time I felt that since kenny.  Rest of the season work rate has never been an issue.

Yeah, effort has not been the issue this season. A real struggle to score goals, a midfield with no aggression(apart from Pybus) and some really sloppy defending has been our down fall this season.

Hughes would rather have a soft player that loves to makes wee 5 yard passes than somebody who will do the basics better and not shy from a battle. Yogi's ethos is exactly what you don't need in relgation battle.

Ambrose is a good player but doesn't seem interested in basic defending. Not intrested in the rough side. Far too relaxed for me. Chalmers is a wimp. Looks terrified to tackle,doesn't even challenge for headers despite being 6 foot 2. I think we needed a totally different type of midfielder to him but again, he suits the slow paced soft midfield that Yogi likes. 

I think it's becoming apparent that we have got the manager appointment wrong again unfortunately. Hope iIm proved wrong but this team Yogi has built is not mentally or physically up to relegation battle.

Watching the highlights we did look good to be honest. But as mentioned above, some soft defending from Ambrose and Chalmers were the big issues I saw there.

The keeper was barged but it was soft and he should be stronger when coming for the ball like that. It was as if he didn't expect a challenge.

He should be taking that absolutely no dramas, he's barely got off the ground, if you're under pressure then punch it, chances are if he punches it there then gets clattered we get a free kick. 

We've won 3 out of Hughes 15 games in charge, he's an absolute fraud. 

There are glimmers of good play in the highlights with some decent play at times but we’re sorely lacking a clinical edge and that determination to dig in and win games.

Honestly still think we can stay up but it’s going to take more than we’ve shown so far.

Big night ahead on Friday.

1 hour ago, parsforlife said:

I don’t think he was expecting the challenge,  as said he’d probably punch if it do.  But it was a clear foul, no idea how aitken let it go.

He didn't think the striker was going to challenge? He was right next to him! 

I genuinely don't think that's a foul tbh. 

Is it now just a case of do better than Queen of the South on a Saturday and try and fluke the play-offs? 8th place is surely gone now? Unless we go on a mental winning spree and Ayr/Hamilton go on a losing streak, which of course won’t happen at all.

I think we could be embarrassed in a play-off situation, which is nothing new as that’s happened a few times over the years. Problem is if we do stay up through the play-offs, it’s another season of enduring Yogi unfortunately. He’s shown absolutely nothing to suggest he has the tactical awareness to take us forward.

I’d rather see us appoint a young manager with fresh ideas. These older managers are set in their ways and have no clue how to influence matches at all nowadays. Again, the only way I see that happening is Yogi getting punted once we go down, which we really do not want. I can just envisage getting pummelled by Airdrie in the final on their shite astro turf. Sigh.

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

When the cross comes in mayo is about 8 yards out,  when he takes his position to make the catch the mayo is still outside the 6 yard box,  I think he slightly switches off then and doesn't see the run coming, don't know why donaldson allows that run either.

I don't see how mayo can fairly play that ball, he's run from distance and collided with the keeper in the air.

10 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

I’d rather see us appoint a young manager with fresh ideas. These older managers are set in their ways and have no clue how to influence matches at all nowadays

Yeah, I would like to see some fresh ideas. Even though Grant and Crawford were inexperienced in management they were not young managers. I would like to see somebody young and full of enthusiasm. Somebody who's played the game in recent times.  Yogi is still doing the same stuff he was doing 15 years ago. He clearly never evolved as a manager. 

If we go down, we absolutely need a fresh manager. Most the squad will be gone if we go down, so a re-build will be required regardless. I would rather Yogi didn't do it.

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

When the cross comes in mayo is about 8 yards out,  when he takes his position to make the catch the mayo is still outside the 6 yard box,  I think he slightly switches off then and doesn't see the run coming, don't know why donaldson allows that run either.

I don't see how mayo can fairly play that ball, he's run from distance and collided with the keeper in the air.

He's also perfectly entitled to challenge for the ball, if that was for us I'd be fuming if it was ruled out. 

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

It’s 100% a foul. You can’t barge into the keeper when he’s in the air.

Quite absurd that it was awarded as a goal, although unsurprising considering the general standard of officiating we see in Scottish football on a weekly basis.

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

Glimmers of hope yes,  but the highlights naturally hide the lack of game management that we had, that is a big concern.

Yeah the nice passes and movement are not nearly enough on their own.

We need wins and without them we’ll be in League One next season, simple as that.