Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The problem with Hughes is that he seems to rate how much possession of the ball we have before actually scoring goals and getting points.

His neglect of our attack is going to relegate us. If he doesn't change that attitude by the end of the season and he takes us down, then I would want a change. We will need to score many goals to get promoted and we aint doing it with our current approach

I’ve watched most of our games this season and we’ve clearly been better under Hughes.
The discussion was about apportioning blame for where our season went wrong. To argue Hughes is equally as culpable as Grant is just moronic.

Agree with this. We have been better than we were under Grant. But that absolutely doesn’t mean Hughes is a success, or is doing a decent job. Grant gets a large proportion of the blame for where we are and Hughes deserves some of the blame, but not as much. There surely isn’t any doubt that Hughes has been better than Grant, but that doesn’t absolve him of any blame for where we are, it simply means he doesn’t deserve as much blame as Grant (or the board).

The bizarre thing is, Hughes is doing better (but still not good enough) and has us playing the stupid passing it around the back that Grant wanted to do. Neither manager this season seems to understand that winning is the most important thing. Bring back Crawford’s tactic of taking an early lead and trying to hold on. It was much better than going behind and passing it about the back with no urgency at all.

The fact Hughes still won't change formation and stick with his flooding the midfield approach, which he said was down to us not being strong enough at the back, means he was talking pish before and this is how he likes to set up. Full stop.

For that reason, he can get to f**k tbh. Fed up seeing the same shit and doing better than Grant whilst still failing to achieve wins means nothing.

1 hour ago, VinnyPar said:

Right, what family member of Yogi's is Dom pumping?

I'm not claiming some sort of "Aha, told you so!" gotcha moment, but I'm sure I posted something when Hughes was announced, wondering if Dom Thomas was his kind of player.

Bobby Barr absolutely hated Hughes, in large part because he kept lumping him with strict instructions on what he should and shouldn't do, rather than just letting Barr go out and play. Dom Thomas strikes me as one of those "just let me do my thing" players. 

In my opinion, it would be nothing short of a miracle looking at that table for us to finish 8th. It’s just getting worse for us when teams are picking up results and we keep drawing. Finishing 9th and fluking a win in the play-offs the only hope. Fucking shambles of a season. Whoever has been in charge of hiring Grant, Hughes and all the recruitment should be chased out of Dunfermline.

Can't get my head around people apportioning 10% of the blame to Hughes, it makes it seem like he came in and we had no chance. 

c***s had three quarters of the season and bought a new team, and we are still absolutely chronic and look totally incapable of winning games, get him chased so far to f**k. 

24 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Can't get my head around people apportioning 10% of the blame to Hughes, it makes it seem like he came in and we had no chance. 

c***s had three quarters of the season and bought a new team, and we are still absolutely chronic and look totally incapable of winning games, get him chased so far to f**k. 

Right to be clear Grant in my thinking…

the board are 60% culpable because they’ve been making the horrendous appointments

PG 30% culpable because he set this seasons bar so horrendously low

Hughes 10% but that was before todays game, he has at least progressed a little more than Grant did.  Not enough agreed, but then for me goes back to the decision to appoint these two in the first place.

Hughes had a better record at Rovers after this many games when he took them down, and that was in the playoffs.

Five of our last eight games are against teams in the top 4 or, in the case of Raith, one point away from the top 4 (and by the time we play them they could be top 4). Point is is that those games are all against teams going for promotion.

Screenshot_20220312-175525_Opera.thumb.jpg.d64a7d91cb8eddcb4f255f353ba59f06.jpg

12 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Another way of looking at it is we've taken points off everybody we've yet to play. 1 point behind, game in hand, all to play for!

True, but there's little evidence to suggest we will win any of those games.

Perhaps if Hughes changes things up we might get results we need.

Correct. Championship or League 1, get every single one of them to f*ck. Every single player, coach, decision maker…get them all to f*ck.

Won’t be hurting any of them players though. They’ll still be earning a grand a week, more if you are Dorrans or Mehmet. They’ll be alright once they get home to their instagram model girlfriends, crushed velvet sofas, French Bulldogs, over-priced sports cars, sitting thinking they’re Cristiano Ronaldo and “made it” because they have earned a few bob off the back of mugs like us paying week in week out to support them.

F*ck the whole fucking lot of them. Every single coach, the manager, the players, board…they can all go f*ck themselves.

3 hours ago, DAFC. said:

Correct. Championship or League 1, get every single one of them to f*ck. Every single player, coach, decision maker…get them all to f*ck.

Won’t be hurting any of them players though. They’ll still be earning a grand a week, more if you are Dorrans or Mehmet. They’ll be alright once they get home to their instagram model girlfriends, crushed velvet sofas, French Bulldogs, over-priced sports cars, sitting thinking they’re Cristiano Ronaldo and “made it” because they have earned a few bob off the back of mugs like us paying week in week out to support them.

F*ck the whole fucking lot of them. Every single coach, the manager, the players, board…they can all go f*ck themselves.

A well thought out, and considered post, or a raging seething mess of an alcohol induced tirade?🤔

Aye not sure Championship players have crushed velvet couches, shite dogs, mental cars and model girlfriends.

Pretty sure quite a few of them will be sharing a house with at least one other player.

How much do folk think our players get paid?! Remember that the club isn't chucking around Masterton era wages, and that the club has actually posted a profit in most seasons since administration.

Also, it's a daft cliche that players don't care, don't try and don't show passion when they're losing/at the bottom of the league. It might be true in some cases, and perhaps towards the end of the season guys who have a contract up might not be flying in to tackles, but most of the time it's just silly nonsense.

11 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Aye not sure Championship players have crushed velvet couches, shite dogs, mental cars and model girlfriends.

Pretty sure quite a few of them will be sharing a house with at least one other player.

How much do folk think our players get paid?! Remember that the club isn't chucking around Masterton era wages, and that the club has actually posted a profit in most seasons since administration.

Also, it's a daft cliche that players don't care, don't try and don't show passion when they're losing/at the bottom of the league. It might be true in some cases, and perhaps towards the end of the season guys who have a contract up might not be flying in to tackles, but most of the time it's just silly nonsense.

Fucking knob!