Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Not what I meant but you knew that.

But isn’t that quite literally what you did? “All predictions are a waste of time” isn’t saying you disagree with the post above yours. It’s just shutting down all opinions/predictions.

I don’t think your post would be getting the same reaction if you had given another perspective, or explained why you disagree, rather than coming to a football forum to post about predictions being a waste of time.

1 hour ago, CallumPar said:

But isn’t that quite literally what you did? “All predictions are a waste of time” isn’t saying you disagree with the post above yours. It’s just shutting down all opinions/predictions.

I don’t think your post would be getting the same reaction if you had given another perspective, or explained why you disagree, rather than coming to a football forum to post about predictions being a waste of time.

I thought it was obvious what my "other perspective" is. I disagree with posts like the one before mine that said next season was a write-off. That was all.

Apologies for any confusion caused.

Morning lads. What has happened to your lot this season? I haven’t been paying attention to The Championship recently and thought Queens were doomed. Looked at the table this morning and well, you know what it shows. I had no idea Dunfermline were in such dire straits. 

Edited by CambieBud

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

Morning lads. What has happened to your lot this season? I haven’t been paying attention to The Championship recently and thought Queens were doomed. Looked at the table this morning and well, you know what it shows. I had no idea Dunfermline were in such dire straits. 

Well, here we are.

Peter Grant happened. A winless league campaign that should have ended a few games in when it was apparent he was completely out of his depth. 

Hughes hasn't exactly got us motoring on either, but at least there's a small glimmer of hope. We do have some good players but I just don't know if there any good as a team. 

Around 8 combinations of centre backs (more if you include now goalies) has also been a huge problem. No team can seriously look to gel together unless they have a stable core and we've been forced to throw around different people at centre back: Ross Graham, Aaron Comrie, Mark Connolly, Gaspuitus, Lewis Martin, Breen, Leon Jones, Donaldson and Ambrose. I feel like I've missed one. 

We are lulling everyone...every other team is being successfully and roundly lulled. You'll see, I'm not saying when....but you'll all see!

20 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Well, here we are.

Peter Grant happened. A winless league campaign that should have ended a few games in when it was apparent he was completely out of his depth. 

Hughes hasn't exactly got us motoring on either, but at least there's a small glimmer of hope. We do have some good players but I just don't know if there any good as a team. 

Around 8 combinations of centre backs (more if you include now goalies) has also been a huge problem. No team can seriously look to gel together unless they have a stable core and we've been forced to throw around different people at centre back: Ross Graham, Aaron Comrie, Mark Connolly, Gaspuitus, Lewis Martin, Breen, Leon Jones, Donaldson and Ambrose. I feel like I've missed one. 

Watson!

Edited by FBadgers

If we’re dishing out blame then I don’t think even 10% of it would go to Yogi tbh.
Grant, the Board and the players are the biggest culprits, undoubtedly.
This for me as well. Yogi gets a free pass from me until he's had his Summer recruitment and I'm not even his biggest fan.

Aye, I don't get how anyone could think Hughes is blameless. Brought in a few players on whom the jury is still out, let two of our more solid performers go in Wighton and Gaspuitis, persists with a formation and players who don't fit that system, makes bizarre subs etc. I wasn't keen on him getting the job to begin with so maybe it's a bit of confirmation bias but I don't see too much of a change from when Grant left (the football and personnel are similar to the short Shields/Whittaker interregnum IMO).

Thanks lads. You all seem to be accepting the situation with good grace, unlike the entitled Falkirk fans. Good luck with the rest of the season

Not entitled just utterly pissed off.

This for me as well. Yogi gets a free pass from me until he's had his Summer recruitment and I'm not even his biggest fan.

He’s signed 7 players for us and had Dow at LWB last week and brought on Thomas at RWB. He still seems to have no idea how to use the players at his disposal and tries experiments that get more bizarre each week. He also stuck with McCann for 13 games before accepting that him as a lone striker wasn’t the answer, he’s definitely not deserving of a ‘free pass’. He needs to accept his share of the blame. He’ll have been in charge for 22 league games (over 60% of the season) by the end of the campaign, he absolutely can and should be judged on that.

The board made a huge mistake appointing Grant. Grant then somehow performed even worse than expected and left us with an embarrassingly poor squad. Grant and the board take the majority of the blame. There’s no doubt about that. But Yogi’s decision making has been really poor at various stages and has undoubtedly cost us points. Add in the fact that he’s signed so many players and he absolutely should be judged on how this season goes.

Bizarrely, we were doing better before bringing in his players. In our last win, only 3 starters were brought in by Yogi. We were also 7th after that game. Since his signings have come into the team we have dropped to bottom place and are now 7 points below 7th place. Surely we can’t just ignore that and claim that Yogi can’t be blamed for any of this?

Edit to add: Grant signed 10 players. Yogi has signed 7. I find it mental that some of our fans believe that signing 10 players is enough to destroy a club, but ‘only’ signing 7 still gets you a free pass/isn’t enough to put your own stamp on things.

2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If we’re dishing out blame then I don’t think even 10% of it would go to Yogi tbh.

50% board, 25% each to Hughes and Grant, they're as culpable as each other. Hughes will have spent longer in the job, and also has brought in more players, there were 2 Grant singings playing on Saturday, Dorrans who Hughes thinks is our best player, and Pybus, who was our best player. 

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
2 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Wait, you’re not going to stick with Yogi if he takes you down are you?