Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:

Under normal circumstances I'd be delighted to see how he's started if it wasn't at out direct expense emoji23.pngemoji23.png

Apart from the fact he's got the players on his side and working their socks off, we're having a go at the opposition now. Two nil up going into the second half yesterday we kept going for more - AJ would have shut up shop and parked the bus to try to hold on to that.

Apart from the fact he's got the players on his side and working their socks off, we're having a go at the opposition now. Two nil up going into the second half yesterday we kept going for more - AJ would have shut up shop and parked the bus to try to hold on to that.
Don't remind me [emoji23][emoji23]

20 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Is this a joke? Gabby McGill surely can’t be on any list of ‘good players’?

He's looked decent to be fair but ok, maybe is debatable/a stretch to be on the good list! Swap him with ex-Killie Adam Frizzell. He looks direct and creative but whether he can excel in the league above I'm not sure.

Ross Graham did a good job for us but failed miserably with the Pars. Sometimes players don't suit clubs/formations and vice versa.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Cardle or Petrie I’m begging you. Just make me happy.

Could we be seeing the start of a new era here where clubs at our level are looking to a new crop of younger potential managers/coaches (eg Taylor/Imrie/Bullen/Gibson etc) to breathe new life into the old dog - the end of the usual tired old management merry-go-round (well, OK apart from Killie/McInnes)?

He's looked decent to be fair but ok, maybe is debatable/a stretch to be on the good list! Swap him with ex-Killie Adam Frizzell. He looks direct and creative but whether he can excel in the league above I'm not sure.
Ross Graham did a good job for us but failed miserably with the Pars. Sometimes players don't suit clubs/formations and vice versa.

Just checked - do you maybe mean Scott McGill? Gabby McGill is an ex Pars striker who barely gets a game for Airdrie now and only played 16 minutes of football against Cove this season. He has only made 4 appearances since the start of November as far as I can see.

To be fair, I don’t disagree with your point. I think that there are many examples of players looking great in some systems/teams and useless at others. I also think we will struggle in the playoffs, if we somehow manage to not finish bottom of the league.

23 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

We have to go 442. Polwarth and Pybus in the middle?
Dom and Lawless out wide
Martin and Comrie full backs
Todorov and Kamwa up front?

Should do. Won't happen. 

Dow seems absolutely  un-droppable despite being less than half the player he was before his injury. 

What's the state of play with regards to player contracts? I appreciate if we get relegated the temptation will be to fire the players into the sun, but I don't necessarily think that'd be the best bet. 

Under contract:

Mehmet (2023)

Comrie (2023)
Breen (2023)
Edwards (2023)
Fenton (2024)

Dorrans (2023)
Chalmers (2023)
Allan (2024)
Todd (2024)

O’Hara (2023)
Todorov (2023)
McCann (2024)
Wighton (2023)

Really frustrating that we probably won’t see Thomas after the summer, whether or not we stay up. Waste of a talent in such a shitey, shitey team.

The squad already signed up for next season isn’t bad tbh. If we keep those four strikers, whoever the manager is needs to build a team around them and play to their strengths. Pretty much do what Grant said he’d, but do the exact opposite of what Grant actually did.