Walking Down The Halbeath Road

One thing I noticed yesterday, was that we chose to change ends before the game. I was a bit surprised when we switched ends, then Inverness kicked off. I’m not sure I remember us choosing to shoot towards the Norrie in the first half before. But I’m wondering if it’s now what our players prefer?

I think we have started the game shooting towards the Norrie in the home wins against Ayr and Hamilton, so is this something we’re going to become more used to seeing? At half time, I feared it would backfire - when we’re behind, I tend to think we play better when we’re shooting towards our own fans. But in the Ayr and Hamilton games, we got a first half lead, which gave us something to hold onto and the fans encouraging/spurring on the defence in the second half is maybe something the players enjoyed.

11 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

One thing I noticed yesterday, was that we chose to change ends before the game. I was a bit surprised when we switched ends, then Inverness kicked off. I’m not sure I remember us choosing to shoot towards the Norrie in the first half before. But I’m wondering if it’s now what our players prefer?

I think we have started the game shooting towards the Norrie in the home wins against Ayr and Hamilton, so is this something we’re going to become more used to seeing? At half time, I feared it would backfire - when we’re behind, I tend to think we play better when we’re shooting towards our own fans. But in the Ayr and Hamilton games, we got a first half lead, which gave us something to hold onto and the fans encouraging/spurring on the defence in the second half is maybe something the players enjoyed.

Ah interesting I did notice that OFW had his towel and water with him for the toss rather than running back for it, but then wasn't paying that much attention as to who kicked off 😅

It wouldn't surprise me if Yogi was superstitious and now we have won we will do it for as long as we win the toss. But I tend to agree that I would rather shoot into our own fans for the second half.

25 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

I think it’s an effort to try and start games better.  Didn’t work yesterday tho.

Another great day of Scottish Cup games yesterday. Wish we weren't so disgracefully shite in that tournament. Miss it.
Was actually counting our lucky stars we lost respectably last round. Was set up for us getting beat by a Kelty, Darvel, Auchinleck etc.

I wouldn’t be hugely surprised if someone bought McCann. One of these random, out of the blue deals. 

I know what you mean. If he scores another 3 or 4 before the end of the season you can see the likes of Hearts or Dundee United throwing a few quid for him.

Nah, f**k that, if we're playing one up front we should be expecting goal from him. If he's 'holding up play to bring others in to play' (which McCann doesn't do) then who is supposed to be on the end of crosses? He sometimes wins 'flick ons', but most of the time to no one because of how we play. Useless, pointless, ineffective caveman football.
McCann should not our first choice striker if we play one up front. May as well play Donaldson up there if all we want is someone to win aimless headers.

Yep. Flicking it on and holding up play is fine with a partner like Faiss, Kirk or Wallace playing beside/behind you, not when you’re a sole striker.

Christ. Falky still gets me stiff. Him and Geggan would be wonderful in our team right now.

5 hours ago, Rob1885 said:
6 hours ago, DA Baracus said:
Another great day of Scottish Cup games yesterday. Wish we weren't so disgracefully shite in that tournament. Miss it.

Was actually counting our lucky stars we lost respectably last round. Was set up for us getting beat by a Kelty, Darvel, Auchinleck etc.

Won’t have too long to wait..

I'd love to see the statistical evidence to support this theory that we score at will when shooting into the Norrie second half. The last time I can remember this being a "thing" was when Bert was in charge. Happy to be proved wrong.

Edited by da_no_1

I'd love to see the statistical evidence to support this theory that we score at will when shooting into the Norrie second half. The last time I can remember this being a "thing" was when Bert was in charge. Happy to be proved wrong.
I may have missed it but don't think anyone said we score at will 2nd half into the Norrie end. It's more about wanting to see your team win the game and score goals closer to you where you have a great view. I'm sure you know this though.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
50 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I may have missed it but don't think anyone said we score at will 2nd half into the Norrie end. It's more about wanting to see your team win the game and score goals closer to you where you have a great view. I'm sure you know this though.

Despite the hint of sarcasm in my post & your reply I would actually like to see some evidence either way. I sit in the Norrie & the last time the ball was "sooked into the net" was the late 90s. Most of the time the second half is torturous, looking at my watch wondering when we will create some sort of passage of play that will lead to an attempt on goal.

Despite the hint of sarcasm in my post & your reply I would actually like to see some evidence either way. I sit in the Norrie & the last time the ball was "sooked into the net" was the late 90s. Most of the time the second half is torturous, looking at my watch wondering when we will create some sort of passage of play that will lead to an attempt on goal.
got sooked into the net last saturday