Walking Down The Halbeath Road

21 minutes ago, RRFC2711 said:

And with the maintenance money here is a player who really needs premiership wages.

Which he is getting, from Celtic, who don’t want him.

i don’t think anyone speculating about him was expecting us to go out and pay him his current wage.  If he to join another club this window if will be the same sort of deal as Dundee,  but probably a smaller percentage of his wages.

And with the maintenance money here is a player who really needs premiership wages.

We can afford it though. Locked fans out on Boxing Day to save the pennies for Griffiths. Kind of backfired when he couldn’t find any fans to kick flares at, so we’re having to look elsewhere.

12 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Daily Record saying we want Wighton again. You in for a new striker?

I’ll give him a lift Upto Arbroath for free. What a waste of space. He’s got a heart the size of a pea. Surprised that Dick would go for someone like him. 

Just now, kdypar said:

I’ll give him a lift Upto Arbroath for free. What a waste of space. He’s got a heart the size of a pea. Surprised that Dick would go for someone like him. 

Good news for us then. Saw he didn’t even get on Saturday. He was amazing for us in his time here and had heard we have been keen for a long time. 

Maybe a similar kind of thing to Dowds and Falkirk? Just not enjoying it as much and finding it hard in a struggling team? 

Maybe a good chance of it happening then.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Good news for us then. Saw he didn’t even get on Saturday. He was amazing for us in his time here and had heard we have been keen for a long time. 

Maybe a similar kind of thing to Dowds and Falkirk? Just not enjoying it as much and finding it hard in a struggling team? 

Maybe a good chance of it happening then.

The guy above is fishing, Wighton is our best striker. Granted, he is best played next to someone with a bit of pace or who can win flick ons but it's outrageous he is warming the bench this season. His first game in weeks was at Killie away where he scored before the game got abandoned, losing him would be far from ideal and I'd expect Todorov will probably follow shortly after.

4 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

The guy above is fishing, Wighton is our best striker. Granted, he is best played next to someone with a bit of pace or who can win flick ons but it's outrageous he is warming the bench this season. His first game in weeks was at Killie away where he scored before the game got abandoned, losing him would be far from ideal and I'd expect Todorov will probably follow shortly after.

He’s our most talented striker. But what’s the point of talent if you don’t work hard. There’s games he’s played where he wouldn’t need to bother washing his kit. 

20 minutes ago, kdypar said:

Absolute pish. No idea where this moronic, cliche bandwagon began and why folk are jumping on it, but it simply isn't true. 

Where do people get this laughable nonsense from?

9 minutes ago, kdypar said:

He’s our most talented striker. But what’s the point of talent if you don’t work hard. There’s games he’s played where he wouldn’t need to bother washing his kit. 

Such as? Are you at it?

Shocked to hear that players are accused of 'not trying' and "having a heart the size of a pea' (a massively overused cliche; at least think of something original) when a team isn’t doing well. Its like some folk have a script for when a team isn’t doing well and they just read off the lines, regardless of the reality. Will you claim 'lack of passion' next?

Edited by DA Baracus

If he goes good luck to the guy but what a massive disappointment he's turned out to be. I really thought our goal scoring would be the least of our worries with Wighton, Todorov, O'Hara, Thomas & Dow in the squad. It takes a special kind of useless to be the lowest scorers in the league with those options. 

If you don't play it's hard to score. His record when he did play was fine.

Any striker would struggle in this atrocious team mind. Our last goal from open play (that counted, as Wighton's was wiped out) was in November I believe.

We create so little in games. 

But the same board will pick another dud.

That’s precisely the problem. I worry that this board will continue with shite appointment after shite appointment. It’s one thing to punt the manager because he’s hopeless but that’s all this board is willing to employ at the minute.

Can wr have Dom Thomas when he is back fit too?

You can get fucked.

18 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Absolute pish. No idea where this moronic, cliche bandwagon began and why folk are jumping on it, but it simply isn't true. 

Where do people get this laughable nonsense from?

Such as? Are you at it?

Shocked to hear that players are accused of 'not trying' and "having a heart the size of a pea' (a massively overused cliche; at least think of something original) when a team isn’t doing well. Its like some folk have a script for when a team isn’t doing well and they just read off the lines, regardless of the reality. Will you claim 'lack of passion' next?

Having seen every game he’s played for us, that’s my opinion. 

I don't think you could throw any those strikers in this current system and they'd score tbh. No idea what Yogi's plan is tbh in terms of tactics but it is fucking dreadful. Proper dreadful. Lewandowski would struggle to score in this system. 

If Wighton isn't happy with bench warming that is completely understandable. I actually quite like him and I'm disappointed the way it has worked out, which is not his fault, but we'll not let him away without the team covering his full wage I wouldn't think. Or at the very least an amount that covers a new signing to take us to the end of the season. Unless, of course, we mutually agree to terminate his contract to allow him to move on a free. I’d be disappointed with that but if it means freeing up wages to strengthen the midfield, then they’ll just have to bite the bullet and go for it.

If we haven't added at least 2 central midfielders and an experienced centre half before Saturday, we are absolutely f*cked. 

There's a clear case with Wighton that he has a lot of the necessary attributes to be successful at this level but struggles to put them all together with any sort of regularity. 

That said, to ask a very simplistic hypothetical, if he'd played every minute he's been available this season, would Dunfermline have scored more than 18 league goals? I think so.