Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Gaspuitis, Graham, Breen, Connolly, Jones, Watson and (technically) Comrie have all played centre back/centre half this season.

Today, Donaldson and Martin will be the 8th and 9th players to do so.

The owners need to make some drastic changes and some serious investment if they want to stay in this league. January will be very revealing of our German owners ambitions.

Whoever thought hiring a clown like Hughes, after that buffoon Grant, was a good idea is clueless. Relegated Alloa - hire him! Relegated the Rovers- hire him! 

League one is a nightmare to get back of, there are a few ambitious teams with good financial backing down there. If we find ourselves in that position the question arises, are you better off with the best part-time players or the worst full-time players?

2 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Gaspuitis, Graham, Breen, Connolly, Jones, Watson and (technically) Comrie have all played centre back/centre half this season.

Today, Donaldson and Martin will be the 8th and 9th players to do so.

How many different combinations aswell? 

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

When finances get tight in League 1, the first thing to be cut to save money will be the Youth Academy.

Correct. 

I don't see a way out of this situation, for one we don't have any money, secondly if we did what would we do if we did? Do you sack Hughes and hope that our board can make a decent appointment? Despite them not making a good decision in that regard so far? 

Or do you give Hughes money to overhaul the squad, despite January being notoriously difficult, and Hughes being notoriously bad? 

Aye, Hamilton and Morton have played there change the manager card and quite simply done better than us, tall of us having a better squad can now get in the bin, our advtage was our strike force, which we don't play. 

6 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Yes but my point is 500 outside with 200 inside does not make sense. We should be allowed several thousand outside for games right now. Most stadiums have 3 sides closed off and everyone of the 500 in one stand. Stop defending what is plainly a stupid law just because it is made by your preferred party. A bad law is a bad law

Fair point.

Was one of the 500 today and looked over at 1000 empty seats on the other side plus standing for 6000.

This one fit all rule has no logic. I understand managing fans and circulation impacts on your chance of catching covid but a bit of science is needed.

The 500 at Ibrox last week were probably the no of ball boys required to return the ball to play.

I'm guessing the clueless chumps on the board have given Yogi a contract beyond this season.

We are certainly stuck with him now. I remember Pars humping his Livi team 4-0 because of the daft playing out from the back stuff and the dimwit still hasn't figured that poor players are not very good at passing from the back.

The set-up is so naive (just like Peter Grant).  This just out the frying pan and into the fire.

5 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

I'm guessing the clueless chumps on the board have given Yogi a contract beyond this season.

We are certainly stuck with him now. I remember Pars humping his Livi team 4-0 because of the daft playing out from the back stuff and the dimwit still hasn't figured that poor players are not very good at passing from the back.

The set-up is so naive (just like Peter Grant).  This just out the frying pan and into the fire.

Think it was 18 months. An outrageously shit decision.

Just now, Chubbychops said:

Yet another one. The board get hoodwinked by another gub that can talk to them for 8 hours.

Nah, saying things like they were 'hoodwinked', 'conned' or similar lets them off to an extent. These are experienced business guys. If they bought in to bullshit them remove every single one of them who did immediately.