Walking Down The Halbeath Road

30 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Kai Kennedy linked to signing with Kilmarnock on loan?

Seems to blow hot and cold but only 19?

Why hasn't he been kept on with Dunf?

Think Rangers wanted him to get more games. His last game for us against QOS was his best performance for us.

Think he needs to lift his head and look for a pass more often.  He goes on these mazy runs but they normally end with him running into a couple defenders. His end product needs to improve. I think he's good wee player and will get better with age, but still very raw for what I've seen in his time with us. He's apparently quite an expensive loan too.

I love Lee Bullen. Absolutely tremendous player and lad, felt really bad that he didn't get on during the cup final in 2004 he deserved a place in the team. Boy played everywhere on the park, including in goals for Sheffield Wednesday. Pishy Brown Shoes is still untangling himself out near the corner where Crawford megged him in that game. 

As for Kennedy, no loss at all. One game against Queens where his set plays were decent and had no end product at any other time. As others have said, runs into blind alleys and no end product from open play. Obviously he's got potential but I'm glad we've got rid. 

Kennedy is a waster we're well rid of. Absolutely no heart, an utter shitebag of a player.

As noted above he does have some talent. If he can pick out a pass/cross/shot after drifting past a couple of players he could do well. Needs to cut out the cowardly diving though.

He'll of course score a hattrick against us if he signs for Kilmarnock. Would rather have Fraser Murray though.

Edited by DA Baracus

26 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Kennedy is a waster we're well rid of. Absolutely no heart, an utter shitebag of a player.

As noted above he does have some talent. If he can pick out a pass/cross/shot after drifting past a couple of players he could do well. Needs to cut out the cowardly diving though.

He'll of course score a hattrick against us if he signs for Kilmarnock. Would rather have Fraser Murray though.

Was gonna say would you rather Fraser Murray or Dan Armstrong instead as it seems they are similar and not cutting it plus more experienced in this league.. 

Was hoping for a more established name like Niall Mcginn on loan

Kai Kennedy is far better than Murray. 

I'm not sure where the gutless shitebag stuff comes from, we're a team totally devoid of creativity at the moment, which comes from players low on confidence and talent scared to try f**k all. 

Something you can't accuse Kennedy off, he isn't the reason that we are in this position, he is the reason Hughes has had his only win though. 

A good player, he'll do well at Killie. 

Kennedy will probably be decent in a team that have a lot of the ball and set up to play attacking football. When he played for us, we had so many defensive players on the park and it meant that defenders could double/triple up on him. Honestly, I think he’ll be pretty good for Killie. This wasn’t the right environment for him. He basically had to try and do everything himself and it made him easy to play against.

11 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I'm not sure where the gutless shitebag stuff comes from, we're a team totally devoid of creativity at the moment, which comes from players low on confidence and talent scared to try f**k all. 

Something you can't accuse Kennedy off, he isn't the reason that we are in this position, he is the reason Hughes has had his only win though. 

It comes from the diving. Shows a total lack of heart in my opinion. He'd rather chuck himself to the ground than try to do something. 

We're his third Championship club, so he really needs to start showing more if he wants to kick on, like in the Ayr game you mention, where he was excellent.

Edited by DA Baracus

Agree with Vinny that if you’re winning games and have 60%+ possession, Kennedy could be a good player to have on the ball to try a few things, take on a man and get a shot/cross away. That’ll work fine if you know you’ll get a few more chances in the game. It’s not working with us, however, where we need to take any hint of a chance that comes our way and can’t waste it with a player trying to take on 4 defenders at once.

Not sure what evidence there is to say Kennedy is ‘far better’ than Murray. I’d agree that he’ll probably go on to have a more successful career than Murray, but at the moment he has shown very little whereas Fraser Murray was a more consistent and reliable option for us.

He is a gutless shitebag as well tbf. Dives at any opportunity and often shows little interest by going into hiding. Confidence is clearly low in the team this season but Kennedy has been the biggest culprit. Others have pointed out that he clearly has some level of ability, but we’ve often needed players just to get stuck in and Kennedy just hasn’t done that.

Joe Cardle and Josh Falkingham weren't afraid to throw themselves on the deck, we saying those players lacked heart at Dunfermline? 

That was proper scummy diving that got oppositions fans utterly frothing at the mouth. I.e, the good kind of cheating.

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Joe Cardle and Josh Falkingham weren't afraid to throw themselves on the deck, we saying those players lacked heart at Dunfermline? 

I won't hear a bad word against either Joe or Josh!

36 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Kennedy never featured in the win against Inverness or Ayr so not sure how he's the reason Hughes has his only win.

6 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Kennedy never featured in the win against Inverness or Ayr so not sure how he's the reason Hughes has his only win.

Haha, neither he did! It the Queens game where he played well.

2 hours ago, Rob1885 said:

See there's rumours of Connolly signing for Dundalk. Wouldn't be sad to see the back of him.

He's too inconsistent, and the defence hasn't really improved with him in it, although that can't be blamed solely on him (the entire defence and midfield need to take some blame). He makes some quality challenges but then makes some silly blunders. I think he can be decent, but he just isn't consistent enough.

Unsure why, seemingly, so many of our fans were so easily won by him shouting a lot.

He won't particularly be a miss, yet he will if we go with Donaldson and Breen and one suffers an injury/suspension. Also, Breen has yet to show his qualities.

Once more, a fucking huge mess! A wry chuckle at the situation.

If we can find a solid defender, Connolly won’t be a loss. But it’s all about who else we bring in. I certainly don’t see him as irreplaceable. He seems to have won fans over by being passionate and showing fight/desire, but he’s not actually a great defender.

Another example of a player who’s better than our other options, but not really the quality I’d say we need. He was fine beside a solid partner (Gaspuitis) but has been very poor when partnered with Breen. Results with that pairing include some of our worst defensive displays of the season:

Arbroath 4-2 Dunfermline
Dunfermline 1-3 Morton
Dunfermline 3-3 QoS
Dunfermline 0-3 Arbroath