Walking Down The Halbeath Road

“Having been recalled from his season-long loan.”

Does that mean someone at Dundee United has watched him and said “f**k, let’s get this guy back in our potentially top 6 Premiership squad immediately!”

Or am I reading that too literally? You’d like to think Yogi has wanted to punt him into the Tay the second he walked in the door.

6 minutes ago, smpar said:

“Having been recalled from his season-long loan.”

Does that mean someone at Dundee United has watched him and said “f**k, let’s get this guy back in our potentially top 6 Premiership squad immediately!”

Or am I reading that too literally? You’d like to think Yogi has wanted to punt him into the Tay the second he walked in the door.

Presumably it’s similar to the Ben Williamson situation where he’s no playing (in this case because he’s atrocious), so Dundee United have recalled him to try and send him somewhere else where he might get a game.

Presumably it’s similar to the Ben Williamson situation where he’s no playing (in this case because he’s atrocious), so Dundee United have recalled him to try and send him somewhere else where he might get a game.
Hopefully he'll end up at Morton. Or Ayr...Queens...Hamilton.........Falkirk.

Yeah, it seemed like that was happening going by Yogi's comments previously. Thank God. An absolutely dugshite defender. Up there with the worst I've ever seen.

Now for the rest of the shit Grant signed and we're getting somewhere. 

Lewis McCann has signed an extension to 2024. You know what, bar one game, he's actually done what he has been told to effectively: be a nuisance up front and win headers. Unfortunately, through Yogi's tactics, there's no-one there beside him to play off the way he has been asked to play. Yogi's tactics have been a bit poo thus far. 

Am I the only one who still can’t make up their mind on McCann despite being around the first team squad for a few years now? There’s potential there but he also has a lot to learn and improve to be an effective player at this level.

Can’t really recall him having a lot of clear-cut chances in games, but he works hard and has the ability to make things difficult for defenders. It would be good to see him playing in a system with a good partner/support behind him, he’s not really had either this season.

Happy enough with McCann being signed up for another 2 years. He’s started to finally show potential in senior football. I still think he needs a spell out the team/the others need a shot just now, but I’ve seen enough to believe he has something to offer - he’s still only 20.

McCann is not getting dropped so regardless of performance we have to live with that.

So...if we have one striker who is going to get a game no matter what, give him someone else, O Hara, to grow a partnership with. 

Start McCann and O Hara for the rest of the season and see what happens. 

We are playing one up front as Yogi knows the midfield is weak as f#$% and the defence also need cover from the midfield as they too have been pish.

Until he gets both sorted, we won't see 2 up front but I think he will once we have a better balanced team that can trust each other to do their job.

What a mess!!

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Lee Bullen - sound c**t or no?

Aw yes! Would love to have him about up here. I was at his debut for The Pars at Cappielow, he came out of nowhere, I dont think anyone knew who he was. Had been training with the team to keep fit and Calderwood put him in, he scored (perhaps two) and the rest is history! 

Lovely big gent! Very well thought of at Sheffield Wednesday too....you be nice to him! 

If he was available then it's a very valid question. He would almost certainly have been better than Grant (although a small jar of oregano would be better than Grant) and more popular than diddy Hughes. He would have a very positive appointment and think would have helped season ticket sales, rather than destroy them as Grant's appointment did.

Remains to be seen how he does mind, but would have loved to have seen him at East End.

The reminder of Lee Bullen brings me to these happier times. 

Why didn't we think of Lee Bullen?! SACK THE BOARD! 
Oh man. Even just one of the faces there. Barry Nic, Mason, Bully or Crawford with their boots on!!

I've come back down and the reality of how pish we are is now worse [emoji23]

If Killie pick up under McInnes and start dominating games / scoring goals he'll do well I think. If you go through a bad run and things are going against you he'll quickly go into hiding. A complete luxury player who clearly has potential but is lacking in final product.