Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I remember at the fans meeting a few weeks ago, the board mentioned that there may be a change in the visa exemption rules that opens up foreign players coming in for us.

Noticed that this has now been agreed. Could be a game changer for us in the January window.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59555258

On 17/12/2021 at 11:40, wellwoodpar said:

Haaland is just itchin' for a Bridie.

Half-time at the Morton game and Sammy The Tammy is invited for a kick about with the subs. After he blasts a couple in to the net, the crowd start taking notice. New Sammy is it? they think. He looks like he could do a job! Suddenly the lights go out and the music stops. When the lights are back on, Sammy is in the middle of the pitch and spotlights are on him. Dramatic music plays. The crowd are intrigued. Sammy signals for silence. Slowly, he raises his hands to his head. He's going to remove the head! Who is lurking underneath? He slowly takes off the head and there, revealed as our newest signing, is

Ross Graham, signed on a 3 year deal

The crowd go mental.

Edited by DA Baracus

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I remember at the fans meeting a few weeks ago, the board mentioned that there may be a change in the visa exemption rules that opens up foreign players coming in for us.

Noticed that this has now been agreed. Could be a game changer for us in the January window.

Unless the exceptions panel start approving more applications it’s still going to be hard getting players over.

John Hughes looking to add 2 experienced players but will have to move people on if looking to sign more, per the Dunfermline Press. As expected to be fair. I think we'll definitely be looking to move a few on. It sounds all coy, but we will be making a good few signings I think, because we simply have to. 

Is Iain Wilson injured again? What has happened to Reece Cole? What about Leon Jones?

Wonder if these duds Grant signed have been told to have a look for new clubs given they have been missing from the squads? Graham will be punted back to Dundee United you'd imagine. Be as well just keeping ahold of Connolly; doubt Dundee United would want him back.

If we can punt a good few, even ship a few out on loan, hopefully that should be enough to add a good few players that can make the difference. Trouble we have is everyone around us will be doing the same. You'd reckon we we would be able to offer the highest wages in our mini league of shit to give us the edge. More hope than expectation tbh. I fully expect us just to shitfest every game until the end of the season and hope that will be enough.

7 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Good not to have 100% brexit effect but not as easy as before I doubt. 

Hamilton and Queens winning today was not good for us.

Morton and Ayr losing was though.

Hopefully when today's game is re-arranged we will have newer, better players, and potentially even DT23 back. 

On 17/12/2021 at 09:40, Chubbychops said:

On 17/12/2021 at 13:24, parsforlife said:

Unless the exceptions panel start approving more applications it’s still going to be hard getting players over.

On 17/12/2021 at 17:34, 101 said:

Good not to have 100% brexit effect but not as easy as before I doubt. 

I'm not sure anything has particularly "changed" as such. It's just been confirmed that we can continue with the process for work permits that existed before. It's still a bleeding nightmare of paperwork, approvals and registrations with Border Agency, etc and, even if you can persuade the Exceptions Panel that you have a case to employ a foreign national over a UK national, it's likely to take 3 or 4 weeks to actually get a work permit for anyone. And these rules now apply to anyone from outside the UK or Ireland. Previously EC players were not required to go through a work permit application. They are now.

So can you sign Germans? Yes, but you always could. Just as you always could sign Brazilians. But it's a time consuming, costly and uncertain process. I doubt it's a 'game changer' for anyone at this level.