Walking Down The Halbeath Road

20 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I only say that because it looks like Wighton isn't going to get a game - not in the starting line up, not taking part in shooting drills, not brought on when we need a goal... and if he leaves we'll be short of goals. 

Aye looks like Hughes doesn't want him, for whatever mysterious reason. Very disappointing to see good talent be wasted, and it's a very frustrating waste of the budget too.

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

He was County's worst player last season.  He now plays in the Lowland League.

Relatively confident he hasn’t played in the lowland league this year - only in the challenge cup. 

Regardless, he would be a fantastic addition for every single side in this league. 

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Relatively confident he hasn’t played in the lowland league this year - only in the challenge cup. 

Regardless, he would be a fantastic addition for every single side in this league. 

He really wouldn’t. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

Who’s place is he doing to take in all the current top 5 teams?

It really depends how he is deployed - County seemed to play him as a deep lying midfielder, however from watching him play there and further forward for Ayr I would say he is a bit wasted in that position.

I’m not saying he is a signing every side in the top half needs, but he was one of the better players in the league when he was last in it. The quality in this league hasn’t exactly progressed. 

He is certainly better than anyone in Kilmarnock or Partick’s midfield. I don’t know enough about the others to claim to know for certain. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

It's wild how Crawford had the boy putting them away and since summer he's barely been played in his best position, or at all.

Is there something amiss here?

He signed a PCA with Crawford. Possibly shocked/scunnered to end up being managed by Yogi and BooBoo.

The problem you may have is attracting players. Would you really want to join a team that is in serious contention for relegation? Some may want to join to get some game time and put themselves in the shop window for summer time, but that could backfire just as easily if you end up going down. 

I think most teams are in the market for midfielders and strikers. It’s going to be some battle to sign decent players - that goes for all teams as well btw - if there was an option between Dunfermline and say Arbroath/Partick would you be picking a relegation battle over a promotion battle. 

Who on Earth is going to chose Arbroath over Dunfermline? We’ll be able to offer better wages than Partick as well. Kilmarnock are probably going to be the only other team in the league that can offer higher wages. Money talks.

The board will know deep down how much they have fucked up this season, and the only way to fix it and be sure of safety is investing heavily in January. We simply must bring in and move on a good chunk of players. We can’t take any more risks. The board will know this and will have to give Yogi the necessary tools to make changes. We fail to do that, then we’re relying on Ayr, Morton, Qots, and Hamilton being even shitter than us. That’s really not a good situation to be in. I cannot see us continuing our track record of holding back when it comes to big decisions now we are staring down the barrel. But, hey, this is the club that appointed Peter Grant as manager, so anything is possible.

Just watched Yogi post match there.

Yup, he’s still a slavering shite.

Genuinely feel sorry for you Lot having to put up with Grant firstly, and now that mumbling bafoon. 

Watched the highlights as well (I try to watch most of the championship highlights and Falkirks for the giggles) Kennedy looked like he turned up for maybe the first time? Decent offensive set pieces for both teams but pish marking and goalkeeping for the second Pars goal. 

3 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Who’s place is he doing to take in all the current top 5 teams?

Depends where you play him really. He's best played as a number 10 but can easily play a bit deeper as an 8. I'm not entirely sure who plays in those positions for yourselves, Raith, Kilmarnock, Arbroath and Partick.

Point is he's good enough to be one of the better players in this league and I could easily see him linking up with McCall again in January. 

Genuinely feel sorry for you Lot having to put up with Grant firstly, and now that mumbling bafoon. 

Watched the highlights as well (I try to watch most of the championship highlights and Falkirks for the giggles) Kennedy looked like he turned up for maybe the first time? Decent offensive set pieces for both teams but pish marking and goalkeeping for the second Pars goal. 
A good summary Wardy. Wish Yogi would stop this "if we could play with 12 men" rubbish.

Kennedy was really good, long time coming. Fonners needed emptied in the Summer (nice enough guy that he is) but Grant managed to sign an even worse keeper. The defence hasn't been up to scratch all season.

4 hours ago, Wardy said:

Genuinely feel sorry for you that you spend free time watching Pars’ highlights tbh. I’d suggest Netflix or maybe Prime?

4 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Genuinely feel sorry for you that you spend free time watching Pars’ highlights tbh. I’d suggest Netflix or maybe Prime?

Haha. Was probably still more entertaining that our win over Killie. I wouldn’t recommend watching those highlights back. 😂 

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Depends where you play him really. He's best played as a number 10 but can easily play a bit deeper as an 8. I'm not entirely sure who plays in those positions for yourselves, Raith, Kilmarnock, Arbroath and Partick.

Point is he's good enough to be one of the better players in this league and I could easily see him linking up with McCall again in January. 

Kelly has been mooted as a potential signing on the Rovers thread due to Tait moving to Hibs and Brad Spencer being injured. I don't know much about him but we will definitely have a vacancy in midfield come January.

Kelly has been mooted as a potential signing on the Rovers thread due to Tait moving to Hibs and Brad Spencer being injured. I don't know much about him but we will definitely have a vacancy in midfield come January.
You'd struggle to find a better number 10 in this league than Ethan Ross. It's more deep lying midfielders that we're lacking.

As for Yogi, we all know he's talks complete pish. Whether it's lying about getting to kitmen do teamtalks as they'll lose their job or asking interviewers for their opinions, it's all part of his bravado.

I have done video editing in the past so I am aware of how time-consuming it can be, especially for volunteers with a tight deadline.

However, our highlights still get on my nerves. Usually > 10 mins and a fair chunk could be chopped if you removed all the less-than-half chances, close-ups of players after a non-chance, minute silence etc.

It’s probably an unfair criticism but it would actually save a lot of time for those putting the packages together. We just need major incidents like goals, important saves, controversial incidents etc.

Edited by Cardle is Magic