Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I can't access the DAFC website, does anyone have information about developments in the last couple of hours?

yup

"Live Updates: Raith Rovers v DAFC

By dafc.net - Sat, 16th Mar 2013

The Pars roam to Starks Park for the SFL clash with local rivals Raith Rovers, who have very generously offered to pay to DAFC the rest of the entrance monies if our support is over 2,000. The Pars, struggling with financial constraints and actual existence, will be hoping that all Pars fans attend this game. COYP!"

If a newco Dunfermline does emerge from this, I for one would be all in favour of admitting them to the third division. They are not a club with any of the sectarian bile that went with Rangers. They are reasonably well supported and take a decent support to other grounds. What other criteria do we think are more important in terms of admitting a club other than perhaps looking at the new owners in terms of being fit and proper persons?

Like it or not, insolvency is going to be a fact of life that Scottish football is going to have to live with for the foreseeable future and there are other clubs potentially not far behind Dunfermline.

I'm not saying this in an antagonistic way, and it might well happen for a NewCo Dunfermline if certain variables work-out, but IMO this isn't an approach Scottish football should be encouraging.

Football has already lost its moral compass in a lot of ways but when it becomes - for want of a better word - 'legitimised' that clubs can run-up big debt, too big even for administration, yet simply carry-on with a different limited company name and dropping a couple of levels... that, surely, isn't something which can start proliferating.

It tars the game's reputation by making it look as if clubs are free to spend money they don't have, then pull a membership slight-of-hand, before taking a short-term sabbatical in the lower reaches. It probably hurts the game in practical terms too: will banks and trades be as happy to lend or credit clubs, any clubs, if this sort of thing becomes more widespread?

And it's also fairly unsporting too. To cite Berwick and Hibs - both worked hard over many years to cut our cloth, reduce our debts and spend within our means. Maybe Berwick should just have run-up big debts seeing where it'd take us, then NewCo'd.

As I said I don't mean that in an antagonistic way, it's not targeted at the Pars directly. In one respect, if you get EEP, precedent says "NewCo = OK".

It does just make me uncomfortable that "liquidation 'n NewCo" might become an acceptable way for Scottish football to go about its business.

So whats the crack with the loan that GM took that was interest only for like 30 years?

something like,the loan received from a bank majority owned by the tax payer

dunfermline supporters may have the answer but is it not the case that the loan Masterton took out for the stadium gets called back in by the bank if he doesn't own the club or a own a large percentage

So whats the crack with the loan that GM took that was interest only for like 30 years?

something like,the loan received from a bank majority owned by the tax payer

dunfermline supporters may have the answer but is it not the case that the loan Masterton took out for the stadium gets called back in by the bank if he doesn't own the club or a own a large percentage

This was rumoured but the steering group said last night that the bank had accepted gm selling his shares.

So will GM still own the stadium, think there will be big difference between retaining East End and reincarinating Pars 2013 than having no ground at all

I'm not saying this in an antagonistic way, and it might well happen for a NewCo Dunfermline if certain variables work-out, but IMO this isn't an approach Scottish football should be encouraging.

Football has already lost its moral compass in a lot of ways but when it becomes - for want of a better word - 'legitimised' that clubs can run-up big debt, too big even for administration, yet simply carry-on with a different limited company name and dropping a couple of levels... that, surely, isn't something which can start proliferating.

It tars the game's reputation by making it look as if clubs are free to spend money they don't have, then pull a membership slight-of-hand, before taking a short-term sabbatical in the lower reaches. It probably hurts the game in practical terms too: will banks and trades be as happy to lend or credit clubs, any clubs, if this sort of thing becomes more widespread?

And it's also fairly unsporting too. To cite Berwick and Hibs - both worked hard over many years to cut our cloth, reduce our debts and spend within our means. Maybe Berwick should just have run-up big debts seeing where it'd take us, then NewCo'd.

As I said I don't mean that in an antagonistic way, it's not targeted at the Pars directly. In one respect, if you get EEP, precedent says "NewCo = OK".

It does just make me uncomfortable that "liquidation 'n NewCo" might become an acceptable way for Scottish football to go about its business.

While I agree with your sentiment once you allow certain clubs to do it then it becomes very difficult to stop others. Is the moral crime over allowing it for all clubs not on a par with allowing it to happen to certain clubs but not others?

While I agree with your sentiment once you allow certain clubs to do it then it becomes very difficult to stop others. Is the moral crime over allowing it for all clubs not on a par with allowing it to happen to certain clubs but not others?

Oh totally, as I said it's difficult to say that Rangers are allowed to do it and Dunfermline aren't - equally, the fact that Rangers were allowed it, opening to door to anyone and everyone doing, it isn't at all healthy. Infact pre-Rangers demise people would've thought it madness.

EDIT: Anyway as I'm writing that the deal has fallen through. Any prospect of TPC saying au revoir bouncing GM into agreement or is this really it?

Edited by HibeeJibee