Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Sharing with Cowden ( Pars fans spinning in their shallow grave if the worst happens! ) for 2 seasons while another ground is somehow funded could a cheap option for Dunfermline. Cowden would gain nothing but the Brewsters would lick their lips as they own CP. Playing at Starks would clearly appeal more to Newco Dunfie but far more expensive and their pitch is screwed as it is and smells like a Lino factory.

Theres always New Bayview of course.

nobody wants to go to methil,have u been along wellesly road,shops have all got wooden curtains!

The thing with EEP is it's surely a monster of a ground to run when you're part-time in Div 3. Given we couldn't get crowds when we were 4th in the SPL, I'm not sure we'd get anywhere near the gates required to maintain it. To survive as a newco we'd surely have to move.

Thanks. What sort of facilities does this Pitreavie have, would it meet SFL criteria? If you don't have EEP then you'd have to imagine it's a long-shot straight away: unlikely you'd win a vacancy election against ambitious non-league clubs if, as an example, you were applying on the basis of tenancy at Cowdenbeath or Raith. And of course who's to say if SFL clubs will treat a Dunfermline NewCo as they treated a Rangers NewCo.

Highly doubt it, a lot of expensive work would be needed before we can consider it as a legible ground. It's just all open playing fields.

Leishman was already committed to travel to Germany on Provost duty. This is his only source of income apart from after dinner speaking. Considering we might not have a club next week, I think it's only fair to allow him to attend things he's committed to. I bet it's a decision he didn't make lightly.

Not that I'm defending him or anything............

Genuinely sorry for the Pars and their supporters, but I'm fucking glad you're suffering. ;)

Charming.

Much the same attitude we got when we were on the brink tbf. Hope some good news comes for Pars today, however unlikely it looks.

Hope the Pars find a way out although seems very unlikely from this discussion.

Although I can understand why the liquidation route appears to be the most logical option I don't like the precedent that Rangers have set in just going bust then starting again debt free. It's a grubby route to take.

Hope the Pars find a way out although seems very unlikely from this discussion.

Although I can understand why the liquidation route appears to be the most logical option I don't like the precedent that Rangers have set in just going bust then starting again debt free. It's a grubby route to take.

Like it or not, writing off debt is what insolvency of any description is all about. Football is complicated by the added set of rules relating to league membership etc., complications which don't exist in most normal business failures.

If a newco Dunfermline does emerge from this, I for one would be all in favour of admitting them to the third division. They are not a club with any of the sectarian bile that went with Rangers. They are reasonably well supported and take a decent support to other grounds. What other criteria do we think are more important in terms of admitting a club other than perhaps looking at the new owners in terms of being fit and proper persons?

Like it or not, insolvency is going to be a fact of life that Scottish football is going to have to live with for the foreseeable future and there are other clubs potentially not far behind Dunfermline.

Like it or not, writing off debt is what insolvency of any description is all about. Football is complicated by the added set of rules relating to league membership etc., complications which don't exist in most normal business failures.

If a newco Dunfermline does emerge from this, I for one would be all in favour of admitting them to the third division. They are not a club with any of the sectarian bile that went with Rangers. They are reasonably well supported and take a decent support to other grounds. What other criteria do we think are more important in terms of admitting a club other than perhaps looking at the new owners in terms of being fit and proper persons?

Like it or not, insolvency is going to be a fact of life that Scottish football is going to have to live with for the foreseeable future and there are other clubs potentially not far behind Dunfermline.

I some would take issue with the fact it sets a standard. However, if you see the biggest bunch of cheats and bigots in our nation liquidate themselves and avoid any responsibility, then why shouldn't honest, decent fans and their clubs do the same? I'd openly welcome Dunfermline back into the league.

For what its worth, if the Pars do go bust then Rovers will be the club in the most trouble as a result of it. Frankly, the overall population of Kirkcaldy and the surrounding areas are losing interest in the club. We're in a tricky position as we're lumbered with our overly large stadium, overall debt, competing against the Flyers offering something different with three other teams in the local area. On top of that, Kirkcaldy isn't exactly booming economically compared to other areas.

It wouldn't surprise me if we're forced into major cut-backs next season again. Its a continual process but we're in a position now where we're really struggling to keep the club afloat. The 12-12-18 potentially offers some financial help, however that will no doubt be greeted with opposition. The sad part is that we've not overspent our means, we've tried for years to cut-back. Unfortunately, more and more problems keep popping up season on season.

Anyway, back on topic. I genuinely hope there is some solution for the Pars fans. Even forgetting the years gone by where some might have been happy to have not questioned the regime, within the last few weeks they've been utterly shafted by different groups. They've deserved far better.