Walking Down The Halbeath Road

He clearly fucked up at Raith but his record everywhere else isn't too shabby, especially early doors and we need that record to continue as it stands we're royally fucked.

I'd certainly take him over the other viable candidates mentioned (Kettlewell/McIntyre) considering Robertson & Petrie were probably never going to take the job.

Not 100% convinced but that feeling is probably more to do with the way it's went so far this season.

COYP

1 minute ago, da_no_1 said:

He clearly fucked up at Raith but his record everywhere else isn't too shabby, especially early doors and we need that record to continue as it stands we're royally fucked.

I'd certainly take him over the other viable candidates mentioned (Kettlewell/McIntyre) considering Robertson & Petrie were probably never going to take the job.

Not 100% convinced but that feeling is probably more to do with the way it's went so far this season.

COYP

Does anyone know if Petrie/Montrose have ever been approached by Dunfermline?

It's a question of how the players respond I guess. If your weren't responding to Grant's overbearing arrogance, not sure Yogi is going to come in and be all that different.

In terms of game management and tactics? Never showed anything at the Rovers that impacted us positively. His team lineup and tactics for that infamous St Mirren were atrocious. The triple sub against Hibs was just weird. Not sure how he did at Ross County.

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Apparently he wasn't considered and has never been approached by us. 

There's probably a number of reasons why.  Possibly the Dunfermline board want someone who has managed FT before, and they may know he'd probably say no anyway.

I'll just be the first to put Callum Morris coming back in on the table, been without a club since Ross County...

Big Cal Morris and Vytas at the back[emoji7]
Expect him to talk a good game, fall out with players and achieve nothing.

That’s exactly what Peter Grant did, so that’s exciting.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

There's probably a number of reasons why.  Possibly the Dunfermline board want someone who has managed FT before, and they may know he'd probably say no anyway.

Money to pay Montrose as well to buy him out his contract. I knew deep down it would always be someone that wasn't employed. Think Yogi was probably the best out of that bunch. 

1 minute ago, DAFC. said:

Money to pay Montrose as well to buy him out his contract. I knew deep down it would always be someone that wasn't employed. Think Yogi was probably the best out of that bunch. 

Yep, that would rule Petrie and Robbo out.  Although I'm not sure Robbo's contract with us would be like a manager's one.  Might just be like a normal employee contract where you can resign/hand your notice in.

I'll just be the first to put Callum Morris coming back in on the table, been without a club since Ross County...

I think you’re on the right track. This squad is crying out for leadership on the park and Yogi is 100% the right man to recruit leaders. Whether it’s Callum Morris or someone else, I’d expect a commanding CB who will Marshall the defence and an enforcer in midfield to be brought in in January.

Whether he’s ultimately a success or not, I don’t think we could have realistically given ourselves a better chance of surviving with this appointment. We need experience, this isn’t time for unproven managers, or those who don’t know this league well. Every appointment is a gamble, but appointing someone with no experience at this level to salvage this season would have been a huge risk for all parties.

Does anyone know if Petrie/Montrose have ever been approached by Dunfermline?

I’d doubt it. Right time for that would have been in the summer, but it sounds like they only ever wanted Grant. Unfortunately, I think that ship has now sailed and his next move will be to Arbroath, when Dick Campbell retires.

8 minutes ago, renton said:

It's a question of how the players respond I guess. If your weren't responding to Grant's overbearing arrogance, not sure Yogi is going to come in and be all that different.

In terms of game management and tactics? Never showed anything at the Rovers that impacted us positively. His team lineup and tactics for that infamous St Mirren were atrocious. The triple sub against Hibs was just weird. Not sure how he did at Ross County.

Overbearing and arrogant at least has a small chance of working if you have a bit of charisma and exuberance. 

It will be interesting to see the players reaction. 

14 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

or those who don’t know this league well

Here's this nonsense again. What does it actually mean?

It would hardly take long for someone to make themselves familiar with this league. There are only 10 teams in it. There are full games available to watch online, hundreds of hours of clips and hundreds of match reports. That's before you get to the scouting footage the club will have. In addition, most managers here will follow it to some degree anyway, and will have played teams from this league in one of the various cup competitions.

Also, Hughes last managed in this league years ago. How does that make him 'know the league' better than someone who hasn't managed in it? The teams and players change, and change often. It's not as if, having once managed in a league, you then 'know' that league forever.