Walking Down The Halbeath Road

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Petrie could well be cautious of coming into a total shitshow and not managing to keep Dunfermline up.  I understand the pull towards him from the fans, but surely he's as well going for a tilt towards the title with Montrose then see what's what? 

Even if we went down, I would give him time to re-build the team. He's shown what he can do with time to build a team. He's got a good record in League 1 and he'll know the league well.

Our next appointment must have some kind of proven success in football management. Crawford and Grant were just a couple stabs in the dark. In fact, in Grant's case he had nothing but a relegation on his C.V. 

My hope is that Petrie would believe in his ability that he can turn us around in similar way to what he did with Montrose. If he turns our fortunes around then a big Premier league job could quickly follow for him. I think Montrose must be near their limit as to how much further he can take them. He not getting any younger either.

Grant has actually said “we are preparing right for matches” having failed to win in our last 13 competitive games. He’s out of ideas and we will be relegated under him. Time for the board to admit their mistake and sort it out. I mean, it’s been time for that for at least 5/6 weeks now, but surely this can’t go on any longer!

I wasn’t there, but it seems a bit mental that we conceded 4 goals and he says Rhys Breen “did exceptionally well” as well. Seems to blame everything on bad luck, rather than accepting responsibility. How stupid are our board members, to keep believing this?!

Peter Grant should’ve been binned after Ayr away but the board shat the bed. McArthur, Meggle and co have a lot to answer for. The club can lie about attendances all they want but appointing Peter Grant and sticking by him is driving thousands of fans away from EEP. With relegation now looking extremely likely, why have we let it go on this long? Every single Dunfermline fan I know could see where this was heading. The only people that didn’t was the boards wee band of pals on .net that sneered at anyone for questioning the board or managers decisions on an open football forum. Their delusion has actually become quite dangerous. Never in my life have I seen such morons discuss football matters. Last night they were suggesting we should go part time as a means of going forward. Whattheactualfuck! Do they know how the game works? Going part time would be a disastrous move for the club. Rather than do something about the boards ineptitude we should just accept part time football? Have you ever heard such pish. I have not followed this club all over the country for 20+ years, ploughing money whenever I can to be served with this utter muck. Went to the games with the same guys for the last 10-12 years now, we’ve said for the last couple of years that there was fans and board members happy for us to become a lower end championship club with no ambition, peddling out the ‘lucky to have a club’ drivel. It’s actually gotten worse than that. Anyone that knows McArthur personally is always going to back him up and I totally understand that but McArthur, like Grant, is so far out his depth, and it’s there in black and white. It’s the future of Dunfermline Athletic we should be thinking about, not upsetting someone that’s done all they can for the club and can’t take us any further, and like it or not the decision to appoint Grant and stick with Grant till now, whether it was McArthur or Meggle, will haunt us for a long while unless we get this sorted ASAP. 

Grant out. McArthur out.

Edited by Gigi Alabocheré

For as atrocious as Grant has been and as bad as some of the squad have performed, if we get relegated then it is 100% the Board’s fault.

Their refusal to accept their own failure could be extremely damaging for our club.

We’ve been relegated to L1 before but that was after financial ruin, players being sacked and a points deduction. This time, there’s no excuse other than gross incompetence.

2 minutes ago, honeyboy edwards said:

From the outside looking in, I would think that the reason that Grant is still there is purely financial. You might find that the Board have given him a bumper contract and the thought of paying him off and then paying a replacement is too much to bear

The cost of a relegation and the drop in gate money/season tickets surely outweighs paying him off. Board being  massively incompetent and spineless is the reason he is still here. Nothing else.

8 minutes ago, honeyboy edwards said:

From the outside looking in, I would think that the reason that Grant is still there is purely financial. You might find that the Board have given him a bumper contract and the thought of paying him off and then paying a replacement is too much to bear

I don't see why we would've given him a bumper contract. He was out of a job after relegating his previous club. We were about the only mugs stupid enough to give him a job.

Wouldn't put anything past the useless buggers in the boardroom though.

10 minutes ago, honeyboy edwards said:

If the Pars board have given him a bumper contract on the back of him getting relegated from this division with someone else, then that’s surely just another tick in the ‘are they incompetent’ box.

Its honestly getting to the stage where it’s stopped being funny and I just feel bad for the Pars fans. No one deserves a moron like this managing their club, except the OF. 

He surely needs to be gone, and either get Petrie in now, or get a Jim Duffy style appointment with the sole remit of avoiding relegation this season and then get Petrie in in the summer. 

As bizarre as it sounds, I can see the board battening down the hatches even further after the end of yesterday's game. They might not want to be seen as giving in to fans and cowing to their demands.

I can't remember if I said it on here or on twitter, but over the last few years there's been a few cases where the boards of Scottish Football clubs have been absolutely dismissive of fan protests or complaints and struggled on before succumbing to the inevitable. We had it ourselves when we had Gary Locke when our board released this statement. Elsewhere, you've got Falkirk in their own current predicament and Lennon at Celtic last season where he got a ridiculously long grace period before leaving.  There's definitely a feeling with some people within the game that the "fans know nothing" and while you get some incredibly kneejerk reactions, when it extends into situations like the one Dunfermline are currently in it becomes a real problem. 

1 hour ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

The cost of a relegation and the drop in gate money/season tickets surely outweighs paying him off. Board being  massively incompetent and spineless is the reason he is still here. Nothing else.

True but you’re currently still within a win of 8th place if it’s down to £s (it always is) the board may keep giving him more time in the hope he turns it around before they are forced to sack him.  As you say cost of sacking is probably a lot less than a relegation. So if you look in serious trouble of going down (fall adrift at the bottom or start to run out of games to turn it around) then they’ll be forced to act. Unfortunately for Pars fans you’re in the same situation we were with Locke where you know Grant won’t turn it around but the board don’t want to act until it becomes critical.  You’ll need to hope when they do it’s a better appointment than we made. 

I’d actually be furious if we binned grant now and got Petrie in to deal with this disaster.

Because that would mean he was available in the Summer, could’ve prepared his own team and had us in a title fight being led by a club legend. How rosy it could’ve been 

As bizarre as it sounds, I can see the board battening down the hatches even further after the end of yesterday's game. They might not want to be seen as giving in to fans and cowing to their demands.
I can't remember if I said it on here or on twitter, but over the last few years there's been a few cases where the boards of Scottish Football clubs have been absolutely dismissive of fan protests or complaints and struggled on before succumbing to the inevitable. We had it ourselves when we had Gary Locke when our board released this statement. Elsewhere, you've got Falkirk in their own current predicament and Lennon at Celtic last season where he got a ridiculously long grace period before leaving.  There's definitely a feeling with some people within the game that the "fans know nothing" and while you get some incredibly kneejerk reactions, when it extends into situations like the one Dunfermline are currently in it becomes a real problem. 

I agree with everything you’ve said here. The board have been clear that they don’t give a f**k what the fans think, and there’s definitely a sense that the more the fans want Grant gone, the more determined they are to keep him.