Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If you are to believe some of the rumours flying about, there is a lot of disgruntled members of staff at the club.

How long do they genuinely keep this going? We’re now 12 points off the promotion play offs. We literally have no chance of finishing 4th or higher.

Get someone in now before it is too late to keep us safe and build for next season. What a shambles of a club.

Peter Grant has been in charge of 28 Championship matches in 2021. His record stands at:

3 wins

13 draws

12 defeats

22 points overall and a win rate of 10.7%. The man has long surpassed my worst expectations and is well in the running for worst Pars manager of my lifetime.

For all of Grant’s many, many flaws though, at the end of the day it’s not his fault he has this job. 

The club absurdly decided he was the best candidate and now seem completely immobilised and unable to make the obvious move. Just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best is moronic, bordering on negligent.

Edit - Wasn’t one of the reasons Grant was appointed because of his commitment to his preferred playing style? That’s been thankfully ditched but I really don’t understand what the club see that we don’t.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

2 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

The club absurdly decided he was the best candidate and now seem completely immobilised and unable to make the obvious move. Just crossing their fingers and hoping for the best is moronic, bordering on negligent.

This is my big worry.

Bad appointments happen, no board can get them all right, but what they can do is acknowledge mistakes and take time to address them.  Our board don't want to do that. better just blame the fans.

Mistakes are forgivable but it’s utter incompetence bordering on negligence being shown by the board this season. Lose to Arbroath and we’re 15 points behind them before halloween. The football is painful to watch, the results are abysmal, the ground is 90% empty despite the lies they try to peddle about 4.5k. Very sad state of affairs. Meanwhile up at Montrose….

Might just be wishful thinking but I’ve woke up with a feeling he’ll get his jotters today. When the statement came out it said results had to improve and fast, they haven’t.
The board will argue that performances have improved in real terms. Three games; three draws since that statement and we are a point closer to safety.

The fans will say that this isn't the spirit in which that statement should be intended.

Ultimately though, we have the second worst defence, the worst attack and if we fail to win at Arbroath then the clocks go back and we still haven't won a league game.

The draws are what the board will focus on though, they seem to think 1 point is as good as 3.

Embarrassing, deluded, utter shitebag behaviour.

10 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Anybody who stood an applauded that at the end is implicit in keeping that useless cunto in a job. 

Applauding failure. Gutless tactics. Disjointed attack with zero plan. Applauding 0 win in 11 games. Utter loser behaviour.

I applauded when Thomas' was announced as MOM. I'm implicit in nothing. Get over yourself.

I want this c**t out of our club too but screaming at the players as they troop off the park after putting a shift only to lose a late equaliser would achieve nothing.

Courier article with him this morning. He's just a complete parody. Although the anger is more with the board rather than Grant. Their ego is obviously more important than the club. Grant is just a complete dud being backed by absolute clowns. 

4 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Courier article with him this morning. He's just a complete parody. Although the anger is more with the board rather than Grant. Their ego is obviously more important than the club. Grant is just a complete dud being backed by absolute clowns. 

Wish someone would ask him why he sat on his arse when Thomas scored instead of the usual shitey pointless questions

No win in 10, potentially goal of the season scored and your manager sits on his arse jotting some drivel in a notebook, just unbelievable stuff.

For what it's worth I still say you guys will be safe come the end of the season, yes your manager may be incompetent but you have a decent squad a players there.

If you do happen to go down can we have Don Thomas please 

33 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

I applauded when Thomas' was announced as MOM. I'm implicit in nothing. Get over yourself.

I want this c**t out of our club too but screaming at the players as they troop off the park after putting a shift only to lose a late equaliser would achieve nothing.

Who said about screaming at players? Just don't think applauding failure is appropriate.

13 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Who said about screaming at players? Just don't think applauding failure is appropriate.

Read all my post - I said why I applauded DT. I also think it's appropriate to try & lift the players as they looked utterly dejected at FT, I think most of them actually give a f**k, unlike you clearly. 

5 minutes ago, da_no_1 said:

Read all my post - I said why I applauded DT. I also think it's appropriate to try & lift the players as they looked utterly dejected at FT, I think most of them actually give a f**k, unlike you clearly. 

How do I clearly not give a f**k? 

Edited by Chubbychops

Like a lot of us, chubbychops is pretty regularly posting about the disappointment we have had so far. I’d actually say he’s fairly reasonable with that vast majority of his posts. If he didn’t give a f**k he probably wouldn’t get so worked up about it all and post a lot of those emotions on here. Trying to argue that he doesn’t give a f**k because he was (quite rightly) frustrated at full time last night makes absolutely no sense. Not giving a f**k would be applauding the players anyway, claiming it was a good result/performance, saying the manager deserves more time etc.

That’s not a dig at you. I understand your reasons for applauding the man of the match announcement and applauding some individuals who deserved it. But don’t go full .net style on us here and claim that those calling out mediocrity don’t care about the club. That’s honestly s***e behaviour. We’re all struggling this season, don’t need to start fighting amongst ourselves.

3 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

How do I clearly not give a f**k? 

OK, I could have worded that a lot better.

I read your reply as if you didn't shout, scream & boo the players yet didn't applaud them so made your way to the exits.

I don't know you personally & only post on here occasionally, so am in no position to judge you. I was probably just smarting after being labelled a tartan blanket-clad apologist just because I choose to sit behind the goal.

Apologies.

Edited by da_no_1

Defeat on Saturday, which is probably a certainty tbh, could potentially see us 4 or 5 points adrift of 8th place i.e. safety, all before Guy Fawkes' Night. To say this season has been a disaster is an understatement. The board have made a rod for their own back with the disgraceful statement at the start of the month.

When your derby rivals start singing "going down, going down" and your own fans, not a large amount to be fair, start chanting "Granty, Granty GTF" at the end of the match, then you really have to question how the board can listen to that, look at the performances, look at the league table and continue to stick with the status quo. Their own ego, to them, is way more important than the club. That is abundantly clear now. They will claim the 3 draws as improvement. Three points from a total of 12 will be deemed acceptable to them.

Don't get your hopes up of any changes happening. We're going down all thanks to these gormless clowns in charge of the club. 

Fair enough if somebody is applauding a particular players performance. I didn't really consider that. 

What annoys me is that there were quite a few applauding after that match. I'm sure much of it was fans showing appreciation for that performance. The Raith goal was due to two players standing off. Raith upped their effort last 10 and looked like they wanted it more than us. The organisation of the team in the latter stages was terrible. The organisation of the attacking play is disjointed and has no cohesion. So many thing wrong that it baffles me why folk were showing appreciation.

I think applauding that gives the board the wrong message. Last night was nowhere near acceptable and nobody should give out signals that it was. I'm not saying shout and abuse players but I just don't think that performance was befitting of a standing ovation.

Edited by Chubbychops