Walking Down The Halbeath Road

55 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Nah why would it? He's gone, focus on the boys that are sticking around. Can't put that one at his door.

I’m not blaming Grant in the slightest.

However, a first team player was bombed out without so much as a good luck and no journalist asked a question about it?

It’s far more interesting than Grant’s musings on Hamilton-Thistle so either the journos aren’t very good or the OS omitted the quotes from their article.

17 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I’m not blaming Grant in the slightest.

However, a first team player was bombed out without so much as a good luck and no journalist asked a question about it?

It’s far more interesting than Grant’s musings on Hamilton-Thistle so either the journos aren’t very good or the OS omitted the quotes from their article.

He's been asked, he's saying nothing. 

4 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I think you're missing the point though. Or I am, not sure?

I'm not sure what Red Zone requirements will have changed at Rangers and why the crowd capacity would have changed one iota between the Hearts game and whatever game was before it? Red Zones have nothing to do with crowds directly, though at most smaller grounds they will have a knock on effect. For instance, although we have 6 dressing rooms inside the stadium at Palmerston and therefore visiting clubs and match officials are able to get changed in an actual dressing room instead of in a converted bar, enabling secure access to the ones the Away team use means closing one and a half sections of the BDS Digital Stand and therefore limiting away capacity. Likewise the need to accommodate socially distanced subs under cover has required the closure of the Main Stand. Neither of those factors are presumably an issue at Ibrox and if they were then they still will be unless both Hearts and match officials voluntarily waived their rights to insist on them (which would be very surprising).

I've been in the away dressing room at Ibrox. It's massive. There's plenty of room for socially distanced changing for a squad in there. They keep a zone for unstripped players etc behind the subs bench anyway which isn't included in the match ticket sales. Socially distancing subs isn't going to change the capacity one bit either. I don't know what will have actually changed at Ibrox since the JRG announcment?

Prior to the announcement they were unable to sell a bunch of seats around the benches because the players and staff were having to use them to remain distanced and have a buffer between themselves and the fans. They (and Celtic) were using that as an excuse not to allow away fans in, on the premise that they were using the away end to accommodate the fans moved for these red zones.

After the JRG announcement they no longer have that space around the dugouts and therefore away fans returned.

54 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Prior to the announcement they were unable to sell a bunch of seats around the benches because the players and staff were having to use them to remain distanced and have a buffer between themselves and the fans. They (and Celtic) were using that as an excuse not to allow away fans in, on the premise that they were using the away end to accommodate the fans moved for these red zones.

After the JRG announcement they no longer have that space around the dugouts and therefore away fans returned.

I guess with hearts having the incentive of getting away fans in they would be more willing to not demand a away red zone.

48 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

If we're going to use "Benoit" as a verb, I'm not sure "pretending someone didn't exist" is the immediate act that springs to mind. 

Which, of course, is why I added “from the history books” so that no one could possibly be confused by the reference.

3 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Mmm, pretty sceptical that the JRG announcement is really at the root of that or that Hearts would have agreed to assume the extra risk but what parsforlife said below is possible I suppose

2 hours ago, parsforlife said:

I guess with hearts having the incentive of getting away fans in they would be more willing to not demand a away red zone.

Any truth in the stories about the training ground? Apparently we’ve cut off all ties with Rosyth FC (who had asked the council for £300k as their contribution to it) and have been ignoring their calls/emails for the last 2 months.

Seems like they haven’t had anything from the club, but have heard unofficially that we are now going to build our base on a certain director’s land in Lochgelly…

8 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Any truth in the stories about the training ground? Apparently we’ve cut off all ties with Rosyth FC (who had asked the council for £300k as their contribution to it) and have been ignoring their calls/emails for the last 2 months.

Seems like they haven’t had anything from the club, but have heard unofficially that we are now going to build our base on a certain director’s land in Lochgelly…

Doesn't sound good in terms of us ignoring them. Rosyth would have been good, handy to the bridge as I'd assume most of our players will travel from outside Dunfermline. Lochgelly isn't a million miles away but not exactly ideal. Tbh if we can get it going I don't care where they build it. Some comms from the club would be good around this. We keep hearing ideas and plans what the new board want to do but at the moment it's all fart no sh*te.

Doesn't sound good in terms of us ignoring them. Rosyth would have been good, handy to the bridge as I'd assume most of our players will travel from outside Dunfermline. Lochgelly isn't a million miles away but not exactly ideal. Tbh if we can get it going I don't care where they build it. Some comms from the club would be good around this. We keep hearing ideas and plans what the new board want to do but at the moment it's all fart no sh*te.

Yep, there is also some stuff in place at the Civil Service site in Rosyth. It would need work, but there are 3 pitches there already, along with the existing clubhouse type building. I’d imagine this would be able to be fit for purpose quicker - but maybe they’ve looked at the ground and decided that it would cost too much to get it up to the desired standard, I don’t know.

As you say, transport links would be much easier for Rosyth as well, due to it being so close to the M90/Queensferry Crossing. That being said, it’s all rumours for now. But I’m not sure I’ll be comfortable if we’re abandoning these plans, to enter into a deal with one of our existing director’s other companies/their land.

The club have been planning on building a training ground/academy for over a year now, but we have never had any updates from them regarding this. I was under the impression that the new owners increased their investment/share capital early, because things had progressed on this front. Which is why I expected to hear more a bit more by now.

I just want to see some sort of progress/update. The training ground was identified by our new owners as something that was very important in their plans for the club and the setup of an academy. It seems strange that the club have then reported absolutely zero progress on that front, since the initial investment was announced over a year ago. The only thing that seems to have been done is fixing the floodlights, which wasn’t part of the plan and was done out of necessity.

59 minutes ago, Wee Sandy said:

Just heard that GRANT has been approached by HIBERNIAN!!    .........................................Thornton Hibernian that is....seems they have a vacancy on their staff, not sure what it is as of yet.......

They’re not even called Thornton Hibernian you absolute cocksocket.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

God's country, baby