Walking Down The Halbeath Road

So was the loan move made with the knowledge he would be out one way or another? 

I’d imagine so. From the face of it, I’d assume there’s been some sort of formal disciplinary process followed by the proper procedures for terminating his contract, which has led to today’s announcement.

PG confirmed after the Raith game that Watson wasn’t injured, but was unavailable for reasons that couldn’t be discussed. I should add that this is pure speculation. I have no idea what has/hasn’t happened. The lack of thanks/best wishes certainly seems to indicate that he has not left on remotely good terms.

8 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Paul Watson's contract terminated. Thought this might happen, definitely a falling out with PG.

Aye, looks quite a big falling out. A player agreeing to leave when they have very little options for playing for 2 and 1/2 months says an awful lot.

Suggestion he went on holiday which is obviously a bit silly.  But the falling out happened long ago.

Hope vytas isn't out for long, and we need to get Connolly signed up for the rest of the season.  Huge risk graham plays again which is really uncomfortable feeling.

1 minute ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not 100% but I sense there's something in there. He wasn't in the squad a couple of weeks ago and when PG was asked why he said that Watson was not injured but not available or something along those lines, so I think there's been a falling out. Watson did do an interview after one of the early heavy defeats where he seemed to be throwing PG under the bus a bit.

The interview he had was strange,  but it was after weeks of being attacked by the manager,   you can see why the players began to fight back.

I've heard a Rumour the players had a meeting before the rovers game where they vented their frustrations and Doranns took the concerns to management.  If true It would be interested to know how those events unfolded. 

I have a feeling in the era of podcasts someone from the current squad is going to let thing spill over at somepoint in the next few years.

It's a shame to lose a good player,  I'd certainly liked him to be an option for the new manager.  It was discussed when thomas was suggested as want away we'd all rather have him than grant,   I'd think the same can be said for watson.

Good luck paul.

Just now, smpar said:

Feels like the club is falling out of its own arse just now.

The worst bit is we'll need a new theme for the Simpsons Memes now there are less CBs...

Rumoured to have had a falling out with PG and fucked off on holiday in amongst the shit-show, 5 at the back period.

Would honestly not surprise me given the state of the club just now.

The worst bit is we'll need a new theme for the Simpsons Memes now there are less CBs...

Aye, that’s us down to 34 CBs now.

I'm not too concerned. Was decent last season playing along side Euan Murray but was at fault plenty this season, a bit like Lee Ashcroft when Callum Morris left, (I know his defensive partners were hopeless) but Connolly is far better. If Vytas is injured I'm sure Breen will do fine, if not one of the other 300 defenders we have. Not Ross Graham though.

I'm not too concerned. Was decent last season playing along side Euan Murray but was at fault plenty this season, a bit like Lee Ashcroft when Callum Morris left, (I know his defensive partners were hopeless) but Connolly is far better. If Vytas is injured I'm sure Breen will do fine, if not one of the other 300 defenders we have. Not Ross Graham though.

Tbh I’m far more concerned that such an arrogant w**k of a manager can chase out a decent centre half, more than I am about losing Watson himself.

The manner in which the club has announced it doesn’t sit right either.

A lot of rumours circulating social media and .net that he went on holiday during the international break after being told that wasn’t allowed. Good riddance if true, completely back the club on this one if that does turn out to be true. Unless the club allowed players time off then that’s not acceptable. Not like we’re flying high, top of the league. 

3 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

A lot of rumours circulating social media and .net that he went on holiday during the international break after being told that wasn’t allowed. Good riddance if true, completely back the club on this one if that does turn out to be true. Unless the club allowed players time off then that’s not acceptable. Not like we’re flying high, top of the league. 

That was maybe the final straw if true, but definitely a falling out well before then.