Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The man is absolutely deranged if he thinks we’ve even got a chance of making the Top 4. Talks about teams “beating each other” when we have ZERO WINS.

Please, please, please get Whittaker or Shields to speak to the press and stop this dafty embarrassing himself and the club every single week.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

“But Thomas and the chairman understand the work we are putting in. They see it and I think they’re surprised by the way we’ve failed to perform at certain times.”

Particularly enjoyed that bit. Presumably ‘certain times’ means ‘the entire league season so far’

If I were on that board and my decision to keep him on was hinged  on his genuine belief that he could turn things around, that Courier article would have me doing a full U-turn with anything he said in any appraisal being filed in the bin.  Utterly deranged.

3 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

If I were on that board and my decision to keep him on was hinged  on his genuine belief that he could turn things around, that Courier article would have me doing a full U-turn with anything he said in any appraisal being filed in the bin.  Utterly deranged.

He's an embarrassment to the club. Making fools of us with this deluded nonsense. 

He’s talking about teams beating each other being useful for us getting into the top 4. It’s just stupidity.

We’re in 10th place in a 10 team league. At least 4 teams above us are getting points every week. That’s not accounting for our results, which mean that at least 5 teams above us are getting points every week. How does he possibly think that’s a good thing for us climbing the table and getting into the top 4?

If you’re in 4th/5th/6th place, then it’s a good thing, as teams around you will regularly be dropping points which will help you pull away from teams below you and/or make up ground on teams above you. To get off bottom spot, we want teams in the top half to be beating teams in the bottom half. This means we won’t be gaining on the teams in the top half. That’s why I think talking about stuff like that, whilst bottom of the league, is just sheer stupidity.

It could be taken out of context, wouldn't be the first outrageous headline that was but Alan Temple talks of PG being a good guy so can't see him making him chucking him under the bus. Following the statement from the BOD last week things were probably best left alone until the Killie game, no silly interviews and just the basics, however this is just bizarre. Yes mathematically we can still win the league but it would require all 9 other teams to have a really crap period between now and Christmas and us not missing a step, then for us to be consistently bettering their results until the end of the season. I genuinely don't know where our first win is coming from let alone enough to get us back in the mix.