Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Some talk on the Pars Community page that Ross McCarthur was verbally abused and spat at. Person contributing has said they only heard this and don't know how true it is but it's bloody shameful if so. Aye I don't agree with his decisions on hiring managers amongst some other things but that's the most ridiculous way to act. I hope it turns out to be untrue but unfortunately I fear no smoke without fire, especially with some of the numpties in our support.
All getting a bit toxic and hopefully its reached its head.

Keep the simpsons pish coming though [emoji23][emoji23]

To make a serious post, before a return to the brilliant Simpsons content, the stuff that's come out about what happened to McArthur is horrible.

I used to take football far too seriously when I was younger (we're talking about 13 years ago here; these days the worst I do is indulge in some pantomime booing and am over it by the time I walk out the ground, which is exactly what happened on Saturday), and a few times was a raging tit at some games. However, it never once occurred to me then to attack someone or spit at someone or vandalise their property. I can't comprehend the mind of such a pathetic, cowardly scumbag cretin piece of shit to do this over a fucking game of football (or indeed anything really). Just outrageously scum behaviour, and astonishingly moronic.

The guy(s) who did this need found, need an absolute kicking, need banned from East End for life, and will hopefully be arrested. The pals of the fuckwits responsible will hopefully have a very serious think about things as well and will hopefully know that they are now on a fucking tightrope themselves.

The last bit of the statement makes a bit more sense now, although the sponsor stuff is still silly and was probably written in the heat of the moment.

I also think that some folk have been going way overboard regarding McArthur. There's definitely valid criticisms to be made and questions to be answered, but some of the stuff being said ('charlatan', 'fraud', 'coward' etc) is nonsense and doesn't hold up to scrutiny. It shouldn't take such horrendous incidents to make folk think twice about this sort of thing, but hopefully this will indeed make them reconsider the language being used and the accusations being chucked about.

Still unsure where things go from here, but hopefully it can be done a bit more civilly.

As you were.

P.S. Who is this 'McCarthur' some people have been posting about....

Edited by DA Baracus