Walking Down The Halbeath Road

The statement is horrendous enough as it is. But to get a wee dig at the fans in the last paragraph makes it utterly laughable. Shameless arrogance from the board there. Jesus wept.

Just now, smpar said:

The statement is horrendous enough as it is. But to get a wee dig at the fans in the last paragraph makes it utterly laughable. Shameless arrogance from the board there. Jesus wept.

Someone’s ego took a hit. That was a paragraph written in a massive huff.

Club would have been 100 times better off saying absolutely nothing. What a disaster.

1 minute ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Genuinely, as bad statements go, that’s up there with the shite us and Hearts were hitting out with last summer.

I have so little faith in the club at the moment but they’ve left me utterly dumbfounded with that. Even if they’re too proud or thick to make a change, why not just say nothing?

Feel like I’ve been smacked in the back of the head. Attacking the limited hardcore fans that went to Dumfries in the pissing rain to follow their club?

‘Pars family’ in-fucking-deed.

Not trying to be dramatic but I've just 4 texts from 4 different boys with around 100 years watching the Pars between them, they're all saying the same thing. They've had enough. Bad enough to back this guy, but to slag off the fans claiming they're costing the club money is absolutely fucking staggering.

Whoever composed that needs emptied & whoever signed it off can f**k off as well.

The transparency from the Club used to be admirable in recent years. How has that openness fucked off so quickly? How has the Club suddenly turned just as arrogant as Peter Grant himself?

I remember back to our days when Angelo Massone was in charge, he once put out a statement which he forced our tannoy announcer to read on the day of the game, from the centre of the pitch. It was unadulterated, inflammatory wind and pish.

It was also nothing as bad as that statement from your board. 

You're a good club, that deserves far better than that incendiary shite. Get them out. 

You can pretty much summarise that statement as 'Peter Grant is doing nothing wrong, the results are going to turn round and the only reason they haven't yet is because you ingrate b*****ds aren't being supportive enough. Now keep paying your money and shut the f**k up unless it's something we want to hear, you utter scum.'

Predictably when we expect our comatosed owners to act, we instead end up with the fans getting a lecture on behaviour. Arrogant b*****ds. They are on their own.

Another lifeline cancelled and one big f**k off to our owners and board. Done with it after reading that. Fucking fuming.

Can’t believe that. As a company we have basically just released a statement that says the management have underperformed, things haven’t been acceptable. But our loyal, paying customers are the real issue.

2 minutes ago, smpar said:

The transparency from the Club used to be admirable in recent years. How has that openness fucked off so quickly? How has the Club suddenly turned just as arrogant as Peter Grant himself?

Oh, they’re being very open with that statement. They know better than us and the fans should all shut the f**k up and eat their cereal.

Dear oh dear, that has to be one of the worst statements I've read since... well, since Hearts last year tbh, but still mighty tough competition. Daring to have a pop at the fans at potentially jeopardising sponsors is just asking to also lose attendances rapidly.

Lifeline cancelled as well, seems the only way these arrogant arseholes will listen is to hit them in the coffers. The killie game is going to be incredibly toxic, all 1k fans that is.

https://dafc.co.uk/story.php?t=DAFC_Board_Statement&ID=13369

That might be the worst statement I've ever read. 
When I read this I thought it couldn't be worse than ones we've done before but I'm absolutely amazed by that. It's bad enough having the budget the Pars have and being bottom of the league but to try to justify it before then slaughtering fans for getting upset is incredible. I'm properly chuckling away at it still.