Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Just now, Have some faith in Magic said:

That's the only bit that gives me some confidence it's come as a tear stained rant from Ross McCarthur rather than the owners. 

Oh aye - it's got Ross McArthurs' all over, definitely.

There's a debate to be had around cringeworthy statements in general and where that ranks against some of the shite Hearts, Partick and Falkirk were putting out last summer, or every single Banter Years Rangers statement, but I don't think I've ever seen such a terrible statement in terms of a club having a go at their own fans or defending a manager.

The defences offered of Grant are pathetic enough in and of themselves, but what reaction are they expecting to get with that last paragraph? At any club that's just a red rag to the whole fanbase that's going to act as a tipping point from 'I want this manager sacked then we can move on' to full on boycotts and sack the board rhetoric.

It's doubly stupid from a club which has a regular source of income through supporter donations, which are now obviously going to be cancelled en masse. If Morton were to put a statement like that out I'd cancel my MCT membership on the spot.

You wonder just how close Grant can actually be to the sack now, because it would seem odd to offer such a ridiculously over the top defence of him that completely burns any bridges between the club and support only to sack him in a few weeks anyway.

That's us getting relegated btw. We will not pick up a single point in our next 3 games and will be seriously cut adrift. I'm not even confident they would sack him at that point. What a fucking steaming pile of donkey piss and shite we are. 

Lifeline cancelled. Won't be paying Parstv either. Nothing until changed are made or hell freezes over and we go on a huge winning run. 

It hurts to do that. I'm ready to invest more each month but not to fund this. There's only so much blind faith can be given to an entity which is now giving back so little.

Imagine saying that one of the biggest reasons that you want to invest in Dunfermline is because of how community-focused they are, and then proceed to essentially call the fans - who are rightfully wanting Grant gone - ignorant animals who are the problem.

This just isn't the club I've supported my whole life, absolute fucking shambles.