Walking Down The Halbeath Road

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

It is only one defeat in four games for Grant too so may be a bit hasty to think about changing. 

No' really. We might need 40? points (total) to survive. If Grant gets the first 9 games, we may need to get 36 points from the remaining 27 games. 

That's a big enough ask. If Grant gets 12 games the job of the new manager would be even harder. We might need to win 12 of 24 games. How likely is that?

It's a lot o' points we need just to survive. I'm not convinced a new manager will come in and find it at all easy to get them.. 

Edited by Parmesan

I really don’t know where the points are coming from the next three games. Even with a new man, it will take some doing to lift a downtrodden team and win games with no midfield options.

Could never fathom why PG was appointed manager of the pars in the first place.  Someone who got Alloa relegated to League 1 was a stick on to take Dunfermline to the top of Scottish Championship??  Your directors must have a death wish🙄

5 minutes ago, lellywong said:

Could never fathom why PG was appointed manager of the pars in the first place.  Someone who got Alloa relegated to League 1 was a stick on to take Dunfermline to the top of Scottish Championship??  Your directors must have a death wish🙄

I can only think it was a cheap option. I refuse to believe there wasn’t at least a dozen better candidates who would have happily taken the job.

I can only think it was a cheap option. I refuse to believe there wasn’t at least a dozen better candidates who would have happily taken the job.

There was at least 80 better options that handed in CV’s for it.

McArthur is a fucking clown and also needs to go.

59 minutes ago, Parmesan said:

No' really. We might need 40? points (total) to survive. If Grant gets the first 9 games, we may need to get 36 points from the remaining 27 games. 

That's a big enough ask. If Grant gets 12 games the job of the new manager would be even harder. We might need to win 12 of 24 games. How likely is that?

It's a lot o' points we need just to survive. I'm not convinced a new manager will come in and find it at all easy to get them.. 

40 points has been enough in almost every season since the last realignment to keep eighth or higher. 36 out of 27 isn’t unreasonable, with a decent set of players, it’s when you get closer to 30 out of 18 that it’s probably too late.

11 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Think that’s harsh. He’s clearly not suited to appointing managers but that doesn’t mean he needs hounded out of the club.

Think that’s harsh. He’s clearly not suited to appointing managers but that doesn’t mean he needs hounded out of the club.

Isn’t Meggle sporting director (or something like that) now? I’d imagine he will have the strongest influence on footballing decisions going forward. It’s time for him to show what he’s made of.

The chairman has undoubtedly made a mistake with this appointment - biggest mistake he made was doing that interview bragging about the ignored applications, in favour of headhunting Grant - who didn’t even apply. I think that’s the reason McArthur seems to be getting a lot of the criticism for this appointment.

54 minutes ago, TxRover said:

40 points has been enough in almost every season since the last realignment to keep eighth or higher. 36 out of 27 isn’t unreasonable, with a decent set of players, it’s when you get closer to 30 out of 18 that it’s probably too late.

To get 36 points from 27 games seems reasonable, for a decent team, but it's not what we are. Currently we've been amassing points at a rate of about 13 from 27 games.  A new manager might make us decent, but I still think it's getting to be a hoor o' a big ask, when he (or she!)'s to start wi' the worst Pars team probably since before Jock Stein.

Edited by Parmesan

8 minutes ago, Parmesan said:

A new manager might make us decent, but I still think it's getting to be a hoor o' a big ask, when he (or she!)'s to start wi' the worst Pars team probably since before Jock Stein.

You finished seventh (7th) in a dogshit third tier in 2014-15. 

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'll believe it when I hear something. Then I'll stop my lifeline if true.

I'll give it till tomorrow afternoon then I'll be firing in an email asking what's going on, I appreciate it won't achieve allot. 

I hope it's just a wild case of 2+2=5, and KingdomFM presuming that because he's not been sacked then he has the backing of the board, I've never heard of KingdomFM being good for sources? But then when AJ was sacked I'm sure it was SpikeFM that broke the news. 

As I said earlier in the thread, a lot of journos seem to think an announcement is going to be made tomorrow and a sense of inevitability about the announcement.

However, if it is true about them coming out and backing him, I will seriously consider cancelling my lifeline. Certainly won’t be anywhere near EEP if he isn’t gone.