Walking Down The Halbeath Road

54 minutes ago, TxRover said:

40 points has been enough in almost every season since the last realignment to keep eighth or higher. 36 out of 27 isn’t unreasonable, with a decent set of players, it’s when you get closer to 30 out of 18 that it’s probably too late.

To get 36 points from 27 games seems reasonable, for a decent team, but it's not what we are. Currently we've been amassing points at a rate of about 13 from 27 games.  A new manager might make us decent, but I still think it's getting to be a hoor o' a big ask, when he (or she!)'s to start wi' the worst Pars team probably since before Jock Stein.

Edited by Parmesan

8 minutes ago, Parmesan said:

A new manager might make us decent, but I still think it's getting to be a hoor o' a big ask, when he (or she!)'s to start wi' the worst Pars team probably since before Jock Stein.

You finished seventh (7th) in a dogshit third tier in 2014-15. 

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I'll believe it when I hear something. Then I'll stop my lifeline if true.

I'll give it till tomorrow afternoon then I'll be firing in an email asking what's going on, I appreciate it won't achieve allot. 

I hope it's just a wild case of 2+2=5, and KingdomFM presuming that because he's not been sacked then he has the backing of the board, I've never heard of KingdomFM being good for sources? But then when AJ was sacked I'm sure it was SpikeFM that broke the news. 

As I said earlier in the thread, a lot of journos seem to think an announcement is going to be made tomorrow and a sense of inevitability about the announcement.

However, if it is true about them coming out and backing him, I will seriously consider cancelling my lifeline. Certainly won’t be anywhere near EEP if he isn’t gone.

I thought our time with Gary Fecking Locke was disastrous, at least youve got 3/4 of the season left to sort it, but who is available.......... Yogi he relegated us with his mano mano philosophy, Ray the snake failed everywhere hes been after he left us in the lurch.

Anyone else will cost you compo on top of paying Granty boi off, dont want to see yous going down so get it sorted

56 minutes ago, virginton said:

You finished seventh (7th) in a dogshit third tier in 2014-15. 

That was when we had reason to believe a change of manager would move us forward. That team didn't shackle us to inevitable doom.

Now we've got a team that was lucky they didn't have to get humiliated by playing Elgin and I'm 50-50 as to whether we are already

caught in the irresistable downward suction of doing another Falkirk.

Any word on when Iain Wilson is due back? He is an excellent player at this level and you would imagine will significantly improve the side when he returns and add balance to your central midfield options. 

5 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Any word on when Iain Wilson is due back? He is an excellent player at this level and you would imagine will significantly improve the side when he returns and add balance to your central midfield options. 

Would've thought Mark Connolly would've had a significant effect. (I thought we could beat QOS! What a mug.) Can't see Wilson 

being a Billy Bremner.

Edited by Parmesan

6 minutes ago, Parmesan said:

Would've thought Mark Connolly would've had a significant effect. (I thought we could beat QOS! What a mug.) Can't see Wilson 

being a Billy Bremner.

I don’t rate Mark Connolly as any more than a decent centre back at this level and you had already kept two clean sheets in the games immediately before he joined so that wasn’t your biggest issue at the time he signed. I know he was effectively replacing Paul Watson but I don’t think there is much difference in quality between the two, I certainly didn’t see Connolly transforming your fortunes.

From reading Pars fans opinions, one of the biggest problems (aside from Peter Grant obviously) is the lack of balance and quality in midfield. Iain Wilson would certainly help that and I could see him and Dorrans being a decent partnership in there. I am possibly overrating Wilson on my limited viewing of him though, if you don’t expect him to make a big difference.

Either way the single change likely to make the biggest difference to your fortunes is a new, competent manager.

23 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Either way the single change likely to make the biggest difference to your fortunes is a new, competent manager.

Or forwards who can get a wee ba' inty a 24ft by 8ft net

Edited by Parmesan