Walking Down The Halbeath Road

50 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

Just signed Mark Connolly on loan from Dundee Utd. Another centre half, although probably better than what we already have.

He'll win you plenty of defensive free kicks throwing himself to the floor claiming he's been fouled by the opposition striker.

25 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

I count 8 genuine central defenders for us, 4 of which were signed by Peter Grant. Mark Connolly, Paul Watson, Lewis Martin, Ross Graham, Rhys Breen, Vytas Gaspuitis, Leon Jones and Paul Watson all guys who can play centre half. Aaron Comrie has also been in there this season but he's a full back.

Lewis Martin is obviously a long term injury and in Grants interview today he confirmed Lewis McCann and Iain Wilson are on there way back but no mention for Martin. He didn't play a single minute last season either so unlikely we'll see him anytime soon but that still leaves us with 7 CB's, Rhys Breen also hasn't kicked a ball for us yet and Leon Jones has only played 70 mins.

Hope we just stick them all on and go for 0-0's for the rest of the season.

It will be eight when you include Paul Watson twice tbf.

Martins short term contract expired and was released, club couldn’t be arsed announcing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you hear this? Shame if true, but we have to cut our losses at some point and he has barely kicked a ball, other than one good season, in a number of years.

18 minutes ago, RiG said:

He'll win you plenty of defensive free kicks throwing himself to the floor claiming he's been fouled by the opposition striker.

A genuine cancer of the modern game.

I blame John Terry exclusively for introducing the "run back towards own goal beside forward/swandive/win FK/repeat" becoming a standard tactic of defenders.

Where did you hear this? Shame if true, but we have to cut our losses at some point and he has barely kicked a ball, other than one good season, in a number of years.

Heard it from an ex player, is a shame considering he was our longest serving player. Nice of the club not to even bother announcing it either.

Heard it from an ex player, is a shame considering he was our longest serving player. Nice of the club not to even bother announcing it either.

That’s really poor behaviour from us. He was with us for a long time and was looking like a really good player before covid hit the country. Terrible way to treat him, if they can’t even publicly acknowledge his departure and thank him for his service to the club over the last 9(?) years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I remember he’s very good at being fucking raging all the time and doing a lot of pointing and shouting. He’ll be Grant’s golden boy in no time.

Really shite of us to not acknowledge Lewis Martin’s departure. He was with us through the really ugly admin spell and League One horror show. Says a lot about his development as a player that he was a regular in the 7th place-finishing League One squad and then soon a standout performer and a potential Premiership player in the future. Good luck to him, seems like a lovely guy too.

10 minutes ago, smpar said:

From what I remember he’s very good at being fucking raging all the time and doing a lot of pointing and shouting. He’ll be Grant’s golden boy in no time.

Yeah pretty much even for stuff that is probably his fault. A bit like Richie Foran at times for us.

I seem to recall he had a cranium detachment in a Scottish Cup game against us right at the end.

ETA: This is the one :lol:

Edited by RiG

53 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

He'll be signing a 3rd choice goalie shortly no doubt. The man is a fucking idiot beyond anything I've witnessed from any Pars manager, perhaps any at all. 

We technically already have a 3rd choice keeper in Fraser Currid, but I seem to recall he’s out on loan.

We technically already have a 3rd choice keeper in Fraser Currid, but I seem to recall he’s out on loan.
Aye, on loan at Boness who announced we'd signed him before we did [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye, on loan at Boness who announced we'd signed him before we did emoji854.png

Sent from my SM-A202F using Tapatalk

It was about 3 weeks later that grant casually mentioned it, mental.

it’s a bizarre signing, good enough player but absolutely wrong position.

if we’ve released comfortably our longest serving player without an announcement thanking for his service and wishing him him luck that’s an absolute disgrace.