Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I would not support a Newco Pars that go straight into the league. Would consider backing a side that got there fairly through a pyramid system though. If we die, then that is pretty much it for me.

If Rangers were allowed to start from the lowest point which was determined to be the 3rd Division then so should we.

I would support a Newco Pars but only if we remained in the professional game. Have no interest in watching us playing non league football.

If Rangers were allowed to start from the lowest point which was determined to be the 3rd Division then so should we.

I would support a Newco Pars but only if we remained in the professional game. Have no interest in watching us playing non league football

If Airdrieonians weren't allowed in at the bottom tier, neither should you.

I would support a Newco Pars but only if we remained in the professional game. Have no interest in watching us playing non league football.

It's difficult. On the one hand, Rangers should not be in any way a special case... on the other hand, Scottish football can't start to green flag clubs running-up debts then wiping them through liquidation, then happily continuing debt-free just dropping 0/1/2/3 levels.

Edited by HibeeJibee

I'd support the Pars going straight into SFL1, just for the pleasure of hearing forty thousand bigoted little brains go pop.

I'd also like to see a show of support from all normal clubs & fans, exactly as we didn't do for Sevco.

It's difficult. On the one hand, Rangers should not be in any way a special case... on the other hand, Scottish football can't start to green flag clubs running-up debts then continuing debt-free, just dropping 0/1/2/3 levels.

SFL clubs voted Rangers in entirely out of self interest. Dunfermline don't offer anywhere near the same level of reward.

As I say, Airdrie were ousted in similar circumstances with "precedent" being cited.

Should they go bust, I believe entirely that they will be re-elected, but that doesn't make it right and would be seen as a green light for lots of clubs to start again. Not to mention being galling to Airdrieonians fans!!

Edited by Pesadilla

I'd support the Pars going straight into SFL1, just for the pleasure of hearing forty thousand bigoted little brains go pop.

I'd also like to see a show of support from all normal clubs & fans, exactly as we didn't do for Sevco.

Why should we confirm the claims of bias thrown around by the Sevco fluffers in the media? The fact of the matter is that Sevco were treated with contempt, as debt cheats and financial dopers. Dunfermline, it appears, are in a position where their years of spending money on players they couldn't afford has combined with a layer of sleaze and dubious financial transactions, with a Hugh Scott-esque figure pulling the strings.

I can sympathise with the latter but there's no getting away from what got them into this mess: cheating. Scottish football fans so far appear to have been broadly united against such clubs - Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston, Gretna, Dundee, Livingston, Rangers - so far. Dunfermline and Hearts shouldn't be given soft sponge treatment just because it annoys Charles Green. He's an irrelevant diddy club owner.

Why should we confirm the claims of bias thrown around by the Sevco fluffers in the media? The fact of the matter is that Sevco were treated with contempt, as debt cheats and financial dopers. Dunfermline, it appears, are in a position where their years of spending money on players they couldn't afford has combined with a layer of sleaze and dubious financial transactions, with a Hugh Scott-esque figure pulling the strings.

I can sympathise with the latter but there's no getting away from what got them into this mess: cheating. Scottish football fans so far appear to have been broadly united against such clubs - Motherwell, Dundee, Livingston, Gretna, Dundee, Livingston, Rangers - so far. Dunfermline and Hearts shouldn't be given soft sponge treatment just because it annoys Charles Green. He's an irrelevant diddy club owner.

Aye but, c'mon - it would be funny as f**k :lol:

Am i right in saying that the Airdrie newco were allowed to start from the 2nd Division instead of the 3rd?

No. We bought Clydebank, moved tham and changed their name, gave Clydebank their name and badge back and continued on as if nothing had happened. We're c***s though.

I would not support a Newco Pars that go straight into the league. Would consider backing a side that got there fairly through a pyramid system though. If we die, then that is pretty much it for me.

What pyramid system? If we get put into the 3rd division I would gladly follow.

If we are liquidated, EEP will be sold to some supermarket and we'll be in the juniors as "Dunfermline City FC" or something. Unless we're allowed to keep our name.

My understanding is that DAFC doesn't own EEP rather this owned by one of Masterton's other entities and leased back to the Pars?

To be fair, i think every pars fan has been grateful for the Rovers offer. It's them wee Cowden tinks showing the cynicism!

Quite a stupid comment to make given that Cowden have made a gesture to try and help out the Pars. It may not seem like much to you but giving up 4.5k is quite a big deal to us.

Am i right in saying that the Airdrie newco were allowed to start from the 2nd Division instead of the 3rd?

No. We bought Clydebank, moved tham and changed their name, gave Clydebank their name and badge back and continued on as if nothing had happened. We're c***s though.

Airdrie did to clydebank what new rangers did to old rangers. Only difference is you got to start a league further up.

I agree that dunfermline should be viewed with contempt for The way the club hs been run this past decade. I would prefer that the punishment was a generation in the seaside leagues so we can lord it over them for a bit :P.

My understanding is that DAFC doesn't own EEP rather this owned by one of Masterton's other entities and leased back to the Pars?

Owned with a whopping great mortgage (£8m?)... so not owned at all.

Genuinely sorry about the plight Dunfermline find themselves in. Really hope they survive as a league club.

If only they`d kept Paul Burns and sold him for the £50 million he was clearly worth ;)

:thumsup2 Kudos, that's tremendous.