Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Whilst that was an improvement yesterday, it was still utter dreck. We were flat and dull for most of the game. It was a really boring game. The performance yesterday shouldn't buy Grant a second more in the position. Get him out now. That sort of crap will do nothing for the team or the club. Who will continue paying (far too expensive prices) to watch such awful stuff? Grant's appointment has killed any enthusiasm for the season and the longer he stays the more fans will drift away, and some won't ever be back.

East End looks tired and dull, and for too long has been a poor place to watch football. The terrible attendance showed that, and attendances have been falling for a while now. The club had a great chance to help there by making a managerial appointment that fans would get behind which, combined with being able to get back to games, could have really built a 'feel good' factor and seen good season ticket sales. I know plenty of fans who were really looking forward to getting back to East End and were really positive. The announcement of Grant absolutely destroyed that and sunk season ticket sales. The club can lie to us and themselves that COVID is the reason for the awful season ticket sales (apparently even lower than last season; you know, the season when fans knew they wouldn't get to attend a single game), but it was the Grant appointment. They still need to answer for that.

The total lack of a walkout however probably shows them that the fans are all talk and nothing more will be done, and they will get away with it (aside from the appalling crowds).

I saw some Caley fans complain about Pars TV, and can't argue with that. It might be the worst in the league. They STILL haven't sorted out the issues with glare. They STILL haven't figured out the zoom function. They STILL jerk the camera around far too often. It's not good to watch most of the time, and quite often really hard to follow what is happening. I get that they are volunteers, but people are paying a decent sum for these streams. Can the club not organise training for the folk operating the camera? It's actually really important that this be sorted. For some it is the only way they can watch games and stay engaged with the club. People won't keep paying for a really pish product, and they'll stop watching, stop paying and stop engaging with the club. More fans lost. The club have to address this fast, but suspect they won't bother their arse.

I do like the different co-commentator thing though (i.e. having a different person each week). Thought BMMMH was actually pretty good yesterday, so disagree with the Caley fans who thought otherwise. He very quickly noted our glaring issues and gave a good insight to things. McCabe was good top when he was on. Hopefully they have more such people lined up, otherwise they should offer an option to mute the commentary (so fan noise only).

Whilst I'm ranting I might as well mention how fucking awful the articles on the official site are. Awful puns (all puns should get to f**k but these are worse than most) with terribly written articles that are full of spelling and grammatical errors, not to mention just general errors. They're packed with cliches and are so dull. Do the club give a f**k about these things?

Fin.

Edited by DA Baracus

Personally I thought over 3000 was a decent crowd considering folk were talking about sub 2000 etc.

If they weren’t going to sack Grant before Saturday, they certainly aren’t going to after our best league performance so far. I think it’s fairly clear he’ll get Accies, Rovers and Queens and any change won’t happen until international break.

I think he’ll need to win 2 of the next 3 to prolong his stay.

You can tell watching back from the early 2000s when we had a packed Norrie, NW and Main Stand for games like Motherwell where they probably brought around 800 of their own fans, and we were announcing crowds like like 4500. Tax dodging at it's finest. 

37 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

You can tell watching back from the early 2000s when we had a packed Norrie, NW and Main Stand for games like Motherwell where they probably brought around 800 of their own fans, and we were announcing crowds like like 4500. Tax dodging at it's finest. 

You’d be getting an instant black card on Dot Net for that sort of accusation!

3 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You’d be getting an instant black card on Dot Net for that sort of accusation!

Good job I haven't posted there for years then 🤠 

I just had a revelation earlier. We want to be ambitious and we've had ideas over the years for a hotel and a scoreboard in the NE corner.

Why don't we go for a Scoreboard Hotel?  #bigclub

Guest Wind Chime Jimmy

Much improved response from the players. Where will it end up though, I'm not convinced at all by Grant, but I hope he miraculously proves me wrong. 

As much as I was pleased to see Grant abandon his back three and go a bit more back to front yesterday, it does pose the question why we need him in charge?

From everything said in the summer, the whole reason for appointing Grant was based on the style of play he adopted at Alloa and how tightly he kept faith with it. If that is seemingly now out the window, what purpose is he serving?

IMO the draw has bought Grant another game. Hamilton look equally as crap this season although have managed more points and a win. Unbelievably they've also managed to concede more goals than us although have also scored more. For me this is a must win, fail to beat Accies then time is up. Someone on Twitter suggested he should get at least the Accies and Raith games but if we don't win on Saturday he doesn't deserve the Raith game.

Just now, JFPar said:

IMO the draw has bought Grant another game. Hamilton look equally as crap this season although have managed more points and a win. Unbelievably they've also managed to concede more goals than us although have also scored more. For me this is a must win, fail to beat Accies then time is up. Someone on Twitter suggested he should get at least the Accies and Raith games but if we don't win on Saturday he doesn't deserve the Raith game.

I reckon he’d have gotten until the raith game at least, regardless if we lost on Saturday or not going by Meggle’s Q&A. If we’d already won a game or two, a draw on Saturday wouldn’t have been too shabby. Yes, we’ve seen a slight improvement but we’re still remarkably poor overall. We’ve played 3 games at home, picked up 1 point, scored a big fat 0 and conceded 6. We’ve been worse than his Alloa side last season. 3 points on Saturday is a must. 

Make no mistake, that was still rubbish on Saturday. The only difference was we seen a bit of dig and didn't look totally abject when the opposition were attacking. We need to win on Saturday. Draw isn't good enough and a defeat really does put us in the shit. 

49 minutes ago, Gigi Alabocheré said:

I reckon he’d have gotten until the raith game at least, regardless if we lost on Saturday or not going by Meggle’s Q&A. If we’d already won a game or two, a draw on Saturday wouldn’t have been too shabby. Yes, we’ve seen a slight improvement but we’re still remarkably poor overall. We’ve played 3 games at home, picked up 1 point, scored a big fat 0 and conceded 6. We’ve been worse than his Alloa side last season. 3 points on Saturday is a must. 

Anything but 3 points on Saturday and our point against Inverness is irrelevant. We need to build and fast. If we win on Saturday it could really get some fans paying attention again and might travel to Kirkcaldy better than we did for the abandoned game. Lose and we might take even less.

1 hour ago, JFPar said:

I can’t imagine a scenario where Grant doesn’t get at least the next three games. 

Even if we lost to Hamilton - and a sacking would be more than merited - are the club really going to empty the manager days before a derby game? I really doubt it.

Managed to watch the last 35 minutes on Saturday. It was encouraging to see the defence looking like it had some form of organisation for the first time this season. Four at the back is much better. Comrie looked like his old self again. Not a fan of OFW but he's a better option than Deniz for sure.

Much better getting our width from Kennedy and Thomas, than MacDonald and Edwards. Our pace was hurting the ICT defence. In the central midfield I thought Dorrans and Pybus put in a good shift, which will be needed every week with a two man central midfield. Still not convinced we'll see that from Dorrans most weeks and still have doubts if Pybus is good enough. Still would like to see a combative midfielder coming in January.

Upfront, I think it clear to see that Wighton is our best striker, technically superior and I think the goals will come if he gets a proper run in the team. Todorov put a good shift in and is a good presence up top. Frustrating that he again didn't score that header from 6 yards out, about the 3-4th time this season but I do feel the goals will come for him eventually, as he does have the knack of being in the right place. O'Hara is 3rd in the pecking order now. O'Hara has no middle ground, he's very good when on form or absolutely terrible when off form. No middle ground with the lad.

I thought out play was a bit more simplified and tried to get the wide players involved as soon as possible. None of his 4-5 passes to get back to square one and farting around our penalty box.  

Got to say I'm a bit more encouraged by what I saw but still have doubts about areas of the team. They at least looked motivated to do well, but there's fundamental issues in that team that worry me. Goalkeeper and central midfield I think are going to be big issues going forward. I also think they went out with a point to prove on Saturday, will be interesting if we can continue to give the same effort every week going forward.

On paper, Pybus and Dorrans should be a good pairing. Pybus is a bit of a headless buzz bomb that'd do the running Dorrans doesn't and allows Dorrans to be that bit more composed and spray it about, no?

2 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

On paper, Pybus and Dorrans should be a good pairing. Pybus is a bit of a headless buzz bomb that'd do the running Dorrans doesn't and allows Dorrans to be that bit more composed and spray it about, no?

Hopefully the more they play then the better they can be as a pairing. The big one for us will be getting Iain Wilson back fit whenever that is likely to be, he's got the legs, the technical side and physicality as well. I think when PG signed Dorrans it was because he knew he would have Wilson available but unfortunately the lad hasn't kicked a ball, even in pre season.