Walking Down The Halbeath Road

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Having watched Championship football the majority of my time supporting this rabble, let me be clear: you do not need a "style of play" to do well in this league.

That's why I'm glad we have Wright. His style of play has always been "defend well and try to score goals" rather than making any grand claims about trying to do anything else fancier than that.

4 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Christ I hope that's not a drinking game. Instant liver failure.

I would play, but I don't want to put pressure on an already struggling NHS by hospitalising myself within 5 minutes. 

9 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Having watched Championship football the majority of my time supporting this rabble, let me be clear: you do not need a "style of play" to do well in this league.

The season we won it, we played attractive football, and although Raith never won it, they pushed us all the way playing a basic 4-4-2 with the wee man/big man combo up top and a pool of solid professionals at this level. No flair, but it was effective. You absolutely can do well in this league without "playing football the right way"

4 hours ago, craigkillie said:

Only pathetic loser football clubs count people who aren't there in their "attendance". The clue is in the word.

You’ll see clubs in various sports talk about “paid attendance” in an effort to play that game, which is why it’s always important to read exactly what they said.

4 hours ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

There is nothing too concerning in that Meggle Q&A, doubt he could really say anything else. 

He is hardly going to throw the manager or named players under the bus in public like Peter Grant did with Dom Thomas. 

What happened with Dom Thomas?

What happened with Dom Thomas?

Rumours of a falling out between him and Peter Grant. He hasn’t started the last few games and the other day Grant, trying to defuse the situation, says that Thomas doesn’t work hard enough and that’s why he’s been dropped. Rumours that Thomas handed in a request to leave the club immediately and he didn’t come on at all at the weekend against Ayr.

Grant has literally singled out about 4 or 5 players already this season without taking any accountability himself.

Just now, smpar said:

Rumours of a falling out between him and Peter Grant. He hasn’t started the last few games and the other day Grant, trying to defuse the situation, says that Thomas doesn’t work hard enough and that’s why he’s been dropped. Rumours that Thomas handed in a request to leave the club immediately and he didn’t come on at all at the weekend against Ayr.

Grant has literally singled out about 4 or 5 players already this season without taking any accountability himself.

Tbf Thomas has had this following him around at Killie and Well. Bit of a character and really good on his day unfortunately that isn’t consistent.

Tbf Thomas has had this following him around at Killie and Well. Bit of a character and really good on his day unfortunately that isn’t consistent.
Hes not a centre midfielder either

I was actually beginning to get excited about tomorrow.  The thought that one more humping and it’s over is quite delightful.

the q&a has killed that, it looks likely he might stay despite that.  

One interesting point is meggle talks about being tight and compact as well as how success in football is build on defending.   Something grant clearly doesn’t believe.

Despite all the other issues, we’d have a far better chance in games by pulling the wide ‘Center’ backs in and the wingbacks further back.   It’s so ridiculously basic the fact our manager refuses to do so is incredible.

I was actually beginning to get excited about tomorrow.  The thought that one more humping and it’s over is quite delightful.
One interesting point is meggle talks about being tight and compact as well as how success in football is build on defending.   Something grant clearly doesn’t believe.
Despite all the other issues, we’d have a far better chance in games by pulling the wide ‘Center’ backs in and the wingbacks further back.   It’s so ridiculously basic the fact our manager refuses to do so is incredible.

I didnt take that from his Q&A tbh, I think you're maybe looking for something that's not there.

1 minute ago, Rob1885 said:
2 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

I didnt take that from his Q&A tbh, I think you're maybe looking for something that's not there.

Hopefully. 

1 hour ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Must say,never heard of paid attendance

Started in the U.S. in the 1980’s because of some weird TV coverage rules. For instance, in order to televise an NFL match in its home market, the game had to be a sellout. So you had local businesses buying up blocks of tickets to allow the blackout to be lifted, because it was a sellout, in paper, via “paid attendance”. I’ve seen the term used on occasion since in various forms and version to pump up attendance numbers and such.

For all practical purposes it would be counting all ST holders, attending or not, plus all PATG tickets sold, attending or not, plus all promotional tickets distributed, attending or not. You can see how that would significantly increase announced attendance, and thus why it would appeal to some commercial managers and such.

13 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I still think Meggle will end up with the job before the season is out.

He’s seemingly reluctant to be here full time, but I think there’s a chance he thinks f**k these idiots, I’ll do it properly.  Unlikey to be long term tho.

7 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

He’s seemingly reluctant to be here full time, but I think there’s a chance he thinks f**k these idiots, I’ll do it properly.  Unlikey to be long term tho.

If he had any part in appointing Grant then every chance he’s one of “these idiots” tbh.