Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I'm giving it a miss mainly due to not wasting another afternoon watching the rage inducing mess of a team, but it will also be breeding ground for the smarmy self righteous arseholes that shake their head anytime somebody get animated.

They will be out in force tomorrow. They spend more time rubber necking to see who offended them by raising their voice than watching the game. 

The final paragraph talks about the role of the fans. Thomas Meggle wants us to back the team even when they lose, I fully understand that is the best thing to do, you see it all over Europe with teams losing and still going over to their supporters before getting clapped off. It creates a really good connection between fans and the club. If we were turning in decent performances with a bit of fight, getting a few wins I’d take a defeat better.

The difference here is we’ve been absolutely sh*te since season 2017/18. This team are walking on thin ice mainly caused by bad decisions at the club and the absolute crap served up across the last 3/4 years. A small run of bad form and we’re screaming for change and it’s completely justified on this occasion. The poorest team in years yet we’ve actually a good core of players.

3 hours ago, Mr. Alli said:

They won't care, you will be counted as in attendance as the seat is already bought and paid for. 

Only pathetic loser football clubs count people who aren't there in their "attendance". The clue is in the word.

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Only pathetic loser football clubs count people who aren't there in their "attendance". The clue is in the word.

Aye it’s very annoying. I remember being at a supporters council meeting and it was discussed by Ross McCarthur. From what I recall he said other teams do it so why don’t we? It’s stupid. If the fans don’t turn up tomorrow then the real attendance should be there for all to see. At least the board will see the real number. 

The old Covid excuse getting rolled out by Meggle.

How does that explain the Partick debacle, the 3 up front at Ibrox. The pish defending at Morton and even the cup games. How did the defence get in such a state in the first place? It's made up of similar players and it was fairly tight last season. He then had two weeks after the covid outbreak before the Ayr shambles on Saturday, where the defending was probably even worse than previous games.

There's not a jot of improvement in the team. Get him out and stop making excuses for him.

The clubs not gonna put out meggels proper thoughts on the team this season let’s be honest. 

we’ve been shite all over the pitch for the players that we have in the squad and was the same last year too. 

I can’t understand why grant is still in a job. I have a season ticket but can’t go tomorrow but I think it could be a horrible atmosphere at the club and rightly so as this isn’t just now it’s been happening the past few years. There is nothing positive coming out the club just now nothing the fans can grab onto that the worrying part.

Aye, we stopped that last season I’m sure.

Just seen Meggle’s Q&A. Lot of shite. Aye, the players have made mistakes, however Grant insists on starting the same players every game and playing them out of position to suit his football fantasy formation. He’s either too stubborn or he’s learnt nada from the tankings we’ve received this season, probably a concoction of both. The blind leading the blind.

42 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Then use it as propaganda to show how well supported they are by the local region to gain positive press. I think we all know who I'm talking about.

52 minutes ago, JFPar said:

The final paragraph talks about the role of the fans. Thomas Meggle wants us to back the team even when they lose, I fully understand that is the best thing to do, you see it all over Europe with teams losing and still going over to their supporters before getting clapped off. It creates a really good connection between fans and the club. If we were turning in decent performances with a bit of fight, getting a few wins I’d take a defeat better.

Fanbases in Europe tear the shirts off the back of players and ransack the training ground on a fairly regular basis whenever the team is doing shite. The idea that they 'back the team when they're losing' - or that Scottish football supporters are any more critical than elsewhere - is utter nonsense. 

7 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I didnt find that at all reassuring tbh. 

The bit were he's still talking about how we want to play. As if we have to have an identity like the Barca team of 10 years ago. 

Think he needs to realise how wee a club we are and the level of player we can attract. It seems to be all philosophies and ideas above our capability. Exactly what's got us into this mess. We need to get real and work at the basics of being a good Scottish Championship side before all these big ideas.