Walking Down The Halbeath Road

10 hours ago, Wardy said:

Wasn’t Sir Alex Ferguson like one game away from the sack? 😂 I’m quite surprised he’s not away yet to be fair. Ayr were fucking terrible last week against us, so I was a wee bit surprised they turned you lot over. Having said that we couldn’t even win at home at the weekend either….

He was about a minute away from being sacked. Think they scored a last minute winner in an FA Cup tie against someone and went on to win it and that was the turning point for him and United. Someone Robbins scored I think.

6 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

He was about a minute away from being sacked. Think they scored a last minute winner in an FA Cup tie against someone and went on to win it and that was the turning point for him and United. Someone Robbins scored I think.

Hardly. Robins scored in the 56th minute. against Forest in January 1990. Link

Forest missed several chances to equalise later in the game. Various United Directors have since denied that his job was under any threat even if they'd lost that game but of course nobody knows for sure how true that was.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Mark Robins - credits himself with saving the career of arguably the greatest club manager in history 😄

48 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Cant access either Courier article as I've reached my limit apparently but that is some take by the bold PG.

If you go on the sport section of their website as opposed to via Twitter it’s all there to read mate.

46 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That’s always going to be the problem when you appoint a manager with “a philosophy”. It means their ego is too big for them to actually manage the team properly. Instead of getting the best out of the available talent by playing folk in roles that suit them and delegating responsibility to properly talented and experienced guys like Dom and Dow he’ll simply try and play his system. Kenny did it too. Guys on the park looking to the bench for guidance when things were not working and getting blanked the manager. 

Would be delighted to see him turn it round but I fear that if too many players think you’re a wee fanny then your “philosophy” is never going to work. 

Peter Grant isn't clever enough to have a philosophy. 

Based on your team's showing at Cappielow he's right about not working hard enough off the ball being a problem with the side, but he is the one who packed your starting eleven with attacking players in the first place. 

Peter Grant is expecting people to believe that he told Dom Thomas he wasn’t playing because he doesn’t work hard enough and Dom Thomas *agrees* with this and is quite happy to not start football matches.

Is he thick or does he just assume everyone else is? Man just can’t help spouting pish every time he opens his mouth.

31 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Hardly. Robins scored in the 56th minute. against Forest in January 1990. Link

Forest missed several chances to equalise later in the game. Various United Directors have since denied that his job was under any threat even if they'd lost that game but of course nobody knows for sure how true that was.

No need to take it to heart m8. It probably hasn't affected your life in any way.

10 minutes ago, Have some faith in Magic said:

He certainly doesn't need a plate of confidence. 

I’ve put on about a stone since he started banging on about plates of confidence and signed a lad called Pie Bus. 

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Says he’s a fantastic boy then absolutely hung him out to dry. Come gayf DT

Yeah it another strange quirk I've noticed he spouts out.  He's always telling us how ''fantastic'' the boys are in training, then leaves them hung out to dry after the Ibrox debacle.

I see he's described the board as ''fantastic'' in his latest interview. Cleary doesn't rate them either.

As mentioned above, he can't whine about lack of work rate and players not carrying out defensive duties when you fill your team with attack minded players. I know he thinks every football player should have the ability to play anywhere(mair shite) but this was obvious when he build the squad that there would be a lack of dig in the team. Incredible that this is coming as a surprise to him.

I got a reply from my email today. Respectful (as was from my side initially) and I'm hoping I'm not breaking any confidence to say that the board aren't burying their heads in the sand as some may believe.

17 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

I got a reply from my email today. Respectful (as was from my side initially) and I'm hoping I'm not breaking any confidence to say that the board aren't burying their heads in the sand as some may believe.

More than I got back, what email address did you use by any chance.

1 hour ago, TheScarf said:

Mark Robins in 1990 against Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup 3rd Round. It was widely expected that Sir Alex would have been sacked if they had lost that game.

52 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Peter Grant has seen your email and will be sending big Gas round to visit you and collect my Euro on Saturday night. 

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Peter Grant has seen your email and will be sending big Gas round to visit you and collect my Euro on Saturday night. 

PG has sent DT out on his bike to collect; perfect way for DT to demonstrate his commitment to hard work and Grant has no intention of playing him either...... 

“I left him out because I didn’t think he was working hard enough when he lost possession of the ball. He lost it and everyone else was running back to get it for him.

“I can’t have folk running back 40 or 50 yards, speeding past someone who is walking. Maybe Lionel Messi can get away with it — but not many others.”

I’m in fucking bits at this quote from PG. He doesn’t have a Scooby.