Walking Down The Halbeath Road

I actually don’t expect the club to make a move until the next international break. There will be a stubborn refusal to admit they’ve made a mistake.

If this weekend is as bad as it has been recently, I don’t think I’ll be back until Grant’s away. Despite paying for my season ticket, I’m sure I could find better ways to spend my Saturdays than following a football club whose board now consider their own egos to be more important than the club’s future.

It clearly won't sit right with them binning a manager after 4 league games. To an outsider it will look very gung ho, but the manor of these defeats and rapid drain of all confidence is like nothing I've ever seen before.

The state of the defence is the worst I've witnessed in following a Pars team. It's been woeful from the start, even in the glory days of the league cup matches we were giving away huge amounts of space in the box, not marking at crosses and second to everything. Just a rabble with no clue how to defend. He's had months to at least get something that resembles a Scottish Championship level defence. What are they working on during the week? Shields and Whitaker are not immune either in this.

I really can't see what there is in any of these awful performances to give any indication that Grant just needs a bit more time.  What are the board seeing in these disgraceful performances that makes them think that persevering is a worthwhile exercise? 

They are not taking action because of what other people think imo,  rather than doing the right thing which is clear to most. More lack of leadership and the same mistakes we've seen for years now. Sheer incompetence yet again from the board.

Edited by Chubbychops

It clearly won't sit right with them binning a manager after 4 league games. To an outsider it will look very gung ho, but the manor of these defeats and rapid drain of all confidence is like nothing I've ever seen before.
The state of the defence is the worst I've witnessed in following a Pars team. It's been woeful from the start, even in the glory days of the league cup matches we were giving away huge amounts of space in the box, not marking at crosses and second to everything. Just a rabble with no clue how to defend. He's had months to at least get something that resembles a Scottish Championship level defence. What are they working on during the week? Shields and Whitaker are not immune either in this.
I really can't see what there is in any of these awful performances to give any indication that Grant just needs a bit more time.  What are the board seeing in these disgraceful performances that makes them think that persevering is a worthwhile exercise? 
They are not taking action because of what other people think imo,  rather than doing the right thing which is clear to most. More lack of leadership and the same mistakes we've seen for years now. Sheer incompetence yet again from the board.

This.

Watched his comments on STV news. Sounds as if he has got himself the rest of the month to change things. Shouldn’t have got this far. Shouldn’t have got the job in the first place. Disgrace.

4 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

What's happened to Watson and your international guy? I thought the majority of you rated them. Or are they shot to shit by playing alongside Graham?

Watson has pretty much downed tools and Vytas hasn't been given much game time at all. Graham is easily the worst centre-back I have seen at EEP.

1 minute ago, Brashy's Boots said:

What's happened to Watson and your international guy? I thought the majority of you rated them. Or are they shot to shit by playing alongside Graham?

Watson doesn't seem to do as well as the senior partner trying to talk others through the game as he did as an equal partner with Murray and I'm also sure he doesn't like being in a three as he does in a two. 

Gaspitus has hardly played - I think only the Arbroath debacle and the aborted fixture at Raith? - and doesn't seem to fit the "ball playing" defender Grant seems to want (although Graham is neither and plays every week...). Leon Jones played ahead of him on Saturday despite looking very raw and I'd imagine Breen will be ahead of him too if he ever gets fit.

I watched highlights of Ayr game and didn't think the pars were that bad using the highlights and I know that doesn't paint full picture. The defence is obviously the weak link with the attack not taking chances they create which is what Grant is partially suggesting. The defence is horrific and that shone also in the Arbroath games highlights.

Id guess mid/late October or later would there be any chance of getting rid of Grant. If he manages to get a result v Raith.....that extends that longer.

Where did this blazer Peter Grant come from ? that surely must make it worse for you lot......still funny tho to the outside world

Going by that interview on STV, Grant knows he is a gonner unless there is a miraculous turn in our fortunes starting on Saturday. “No-one can say I haven’t gave 100%” Think that’s probably a given in any job, no?

Just want it to end and get someone proper in. It’s starting to get really sickening for the fans now.

This sort of interview with a manager scrambling to save their job come up time to time.

Has there ever been a situation where they go on to be successful at that club? Writing is the wall, it’s just a matter how long the board give the next guy to fix it and how far behind we are at that stage.

22 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

This sort of interview with a manager scrambling to save their job come up time to time.

Has there ever been a situation where they go on to be successful at that club? Writing is the wall, it’s just a matter how long the board give the next guy to fix it and how far behind we are at that stage.

Wasn’t Sir Alex Ferguson like one game away from the sack? 😂 I’m quite surprised he’s not away yet to be fair. Ayr were fucking terrible last week against us, so I was a wee bit surprised they turned you lot over. Having said that we couldn’t even win at home at the weekend either….

I get the walkout idea, a visual representation of the fans' anger. We did the releasing of black balloons back in the Anelka days though there was no walkouts other than leaving early after another defeat!

What I can't understand is using the 4th minute and linking it with the shirt number of one of your greatest ever players. I would have thought some other minute would be better. Maybe the fifth minute - Ross Graham's number signifies the malaise you are in.