Walking Down The Halbeath Road

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

That's a lovely tribute from Raith. Fair play. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Get Levein to take an interview at least. 

I've been battering this drum for a while, he'd be a great appointment. 

His CV is far better than any of the other out of contract managers, I'd rather have Petrie of course... 

People will say he's a dour manager, but a manager who knows how to set a team up to not concede 3 goals every league game would be nice. 

15 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Conceded 3 against a team promoted from League 1, a part time team and the team joint bottom. Conceded 2 against one of the bookies favourites for relegation. We still haven't played the two relegated clubs from last season's Premiership, Raith or Inverness. That speaks volumes. 

Our run of games has been relatively easy. Equivalent we’ve played 4/6 sides who finished below us and scrambled 1 Point.

Edited by parsforlife

10 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Conceded 3 against a team promoted from League 1, a part time team and the team joint bottom. Conceded 2 against one of the bookies favourites for relegation. We still haven't played the two relegated clubs from last season's Premiership, Raith or Inverness. That speaks volumes. 

Don't get too depressed, you haven't played us yet, and its at Palmerston ....... we're bound to cheer you up (we don't really do winning league games at home).

I didn’t expect him to get the boot over the weekend but I wouldn’t be at all surprised if we’re sitting here at this time tomorrow without a manager. I’d like to think that after the Arbroath game the board and PG had a meeting and gave the ultimatum that we needed to beat Ayr.

As mentioned above, it’s crazy to think we’ve not yet played Inverness, Killie, Raith or Accies. I know the latter haven’t had a great start either but it’s all the relegated teams or ones that finished near us. When the fixtures came out and I seen we had a Morton, Thistle, Raith, Arbroath and Ayr for the first 5 I fancied us to go undefeated. 

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but big Yogi is someone I’ve wanted for a long time. When he got the Ross Co job I was disappointed. Then he kept them up and I thought there would be no chance, yet oddly Roy McGregor wanted to do something else. Yogi became available about the same time Stevie left so I thought there was a chance then, yet we ended up with PG.

People throw shade on Yogi but he’d have those players playing for him I’m sure. Won the cup with Inverness, kept Ross Co in the Premiership against all odds, that’s the kinda manager I’m looking for. Don’t care if it didn’t work for him at Raith. Keeping a Ross Co in the Premiership overshadows not keeping Raith in the Championship.

Surely now is the time for your board to get Petrie in?

They should be doing absolutely everything they can to get him. No-one really knows what Petrie wants in management. He might prefer his gig at Montrose whilst working full-time, or he might have ambitions to make a career from full-time football. We can only speak to him about it and offer the best package we can. I can’t see us doing that, however, and will appoint someone out of contract in an attempt to “play it safe” IF we punt Grant. Would also definitely take Levein at this point. I do have reservations about that long term, but could be a good option to try and salvage this season if it is just a short term deal to see how the rest of the season goes.

When your home fans are chanting en masse “You’re getting sacked in the morning” whilst the Chairman is personally enlisting stewards to take care of disgruntled fans directing abuse at him, they surely can’t ignore the position and will have had words with Grant after the Arbroath shambles to tell him straight that this can’t go on. Doubt that happened though. They probably cracked open a bottle of wine and talked a load of shite about “playing football the right way” for 6 hours straight.

Dunfermline Athletic: no guts, no ambition, no glory.

4 minutes ago, JFPar said:

I know he’s not everyone’s cup of tea but big Yogi is someone I’ve wanted for a long time. When he got the Ross Co job I was disappointed. Then he kept them up and I thought there would be no chance, yet oddly Roy McGregor wanted to do something else. Yogi became available about the same time Stevie left so I thought there was a chance then, yet we ended up with PG.

People throw shade on Yogi but he’d have those players playing for him I’m sure. Won the cup with Inverness, kept Ross Co in the Premiership against all odds, that’s the kinda manager I’m looking for. Don’t care if it didn’t work for him at Raith. Keeping a Ross Co in the Premiership overshadows not keeping Raith in the Championship.

No tah. 

Saying Yogi "failed to keep Rovers in the Championship" is like saying Marwan al-Shehhi "failed to safely land an aircraft". 

Hughes took Gary Locke's side and actively made them worse. We probably would've been relegated under Gary Locke. Hughes removed all doubt. 

He was successes on his CV but he also had abject failures. He'd be a huge risk for a situation like this where you need turned around. 

Never been a big fan of Levein but I reckon we have a good few players he’d be ideal to work with.

I’m actually growing to the idea of having Levein as boss. He would make us a lot tougher to beat and would probably get the best out of our strikers. Just for the rest of the season, though. Long-term, if it is possible, it simply has to be Petrie.

Looking more and more likely that Grant’s being kept on, which is honestly quite baffling. Every week, I keep thinking “it can’t get worse” and it does. Our defending is horrific. Basic errors every week. Same mistakes/gaps every week. Poor runs of form happen, but when there’s no signs of progress and the results/performances/errors keep getting worse, there’s no excuse for not sacking him.

The insistence to play Ross bloody Graham is sackable alone. It’s almost like making the decision to give opposition a 2 goal headstart every week.

Having said that, I feel sorry for Graham to an extent. Our tactics leave him exposed. Every week, opponents make the most of the glaring gaps down the wings, when our wing backs have been instructed to charge forward and not look back when we have the ball. It leaves the LCB and RCB having to cover the full back and CB areas, which is near enough impossible. When he’s struggling for form, the manager should be trying to help him get back to doing the basics right, not making his job as hard as possible. Regardless of who’s in there, leaving the defence so exposed every week, having conceded so many goals through this, is just inexplicable.

Do we work on tactics/shape at all? Do we review film and discuss who should be doing what? If the wing backs/full backs go forward, it’s basics that someone should know it’s their job to cover for them, when we lose the ball. But nobody seems to know their role and the centre halves look completely lost. These weak spots were exposed in the league cup against diddy teams and the manager seems lost/confused now that better teams are taking full advantage of it. Doesn’t help that our midfielders are so soft and don’t seem to possess any sort of desire to help the team. In this system, they need to do a lot more to help out defensively, but they’re happy to hide and avoid any kind of responsibility. But that lies with the manager, who signed these midfielders and still decides to play a system that just doesn’t work with the players we have.

Looking more and more likely that Grant’s being kept on

Was that going to be a shock to you?

McArthur has probably called an emergency meeting today. They’ll be giving him the rest of the month with an ultimatum of at least 6 points from the remaining 3 games, or it’s Goodnight Vienna. McArthur hasn’t got the guts to tell him straight that it’s a disaster and we must part ways. McArthur probably knows he has made an arse of it but will be too scared to give him his jotters and will just shut his eyes and hope for the best. Spineless. You’d hope that the new owners would step up to the plate, pull McArthur to one side and tell him to get his act together and fire this clown. That’s the hope anyway. If they aren’t influencing McArthur then I seriously doubt McArthur will fire him this early on, even though we all know it is the right thing to do.

29 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

The insistence to play Ross bloody Graham is sackable alone. It’s almost like making the decision to give opposition a 2 goal headstart every week.

I assume there is some kind of minimum game time clause in his contract because I can't figure out any other reason for playing him so often.

He's unbelievably out his depth.